Just bought the original Dragon's Dogma

I just started playing the game not too long ago, but I don't believe you'll see a very noticeable difference. You just won't have the new quests to take part in on the new island that appears. Which also means, no new armor or weapons that comes with it.

Here's the lowdown on the changes in DA and they are pretty substantial: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Dragon's Dogma Wiki

I had the vanilla release and the improvements in DA would have taken a lot of the frustration and irritation out of getting the (P) if it had been released sooner :(.

Ah damn, but still I think I'm ok with the vanilla considering how cheap I got it. I'm just bummed that the Dark Arisen content can't be bought as a DLC for the vanilla or something like that.

Edit: Well ofcourse it's cheap since Dark Arisen is the "real" game. But still :p

Am I missing out a lot on not having the Dark Arisen version? Got the vanilla version for 4 dollars but I didn't know about the Dark Arisen version. How gimped is vanilla compared to the new version? :p

Actually...

Its not "gimped".

With Vanilla you can live on the totaly hyper overpowered invincible Assassin.

With DA you get new items to compensate the power nerf the assassin received.

But, you will not even miss those items tbh because with vanilla you are playing a freaking God as 200 assassin.

The only thing you "miss out" on will be the uber-ferrystone.

But, tbh in the end game i had 999 ferrystones in the bank and 50mil gold on hand, so it was never a problem to buy a few when needed.

• 3 months later...