Ur Dragon Doesn't Die!!!

I'm level 76 Mystic Knight. I try whatever I can think of to try to take down the Ur Dragon. I especially use the Great Cannon/ Holy power up to shoot holy magic at it. But still doesn't do anything.

I have the Dragon's Toll and my base physical damage is about 1200 damage. I even power it up and it doesn't do much.

I was lucky and found the dragon when he was little health. He had barely any health at all. He even had glowing red spots open, his hearts. But as much as I attacked those spots, nothing happened.

Is it easier to fight him offline? I just need to kill this thing for the Platinum.

ur-dragon online is at around generation 380 something i think. so he's very hard to kill. so yes it is advised to do it offline. also i would recommend using a strider or a a ranger with blast arrows. this way you can easily take out hearts on his wings. tons of blast arrows and conqueror periapts will help.

I honestly don't want to do a complete third playthrough as a strider or ranger. :(

Is it still possible as a Mystic Knight? I'll try to do it offline then. Just hit the glowing parts of him to open his hearts, right? Do the hearts go away after I hit them for a set of time?

I honestly don't want to do a complete third playthrough as a strider or ranger. :(

Is it still possible as a Mystic Knight? I'll try to do it offline then. Just hit the glowing parts of him to open his hearts, right? Do the hearts go away after I hit them for a set of time?

you don't have to start the game over. just go to the inn at gran soren and change to a strider. as for doing it with a knight i have no idea really. most people either do it with a sorcerer or strider/ranger.

The first and only time I tried offline, I saw that he had so much health. I just quit off the game assuming that he's really hard. I only actually tried in online because he can sometimes spawn with little health. Can he spawn with little health offline? How is he easier offline?
yes it's way easier.

Its not that bad i wouldve preferred you use assassin as it has a perk that buff health and strength at nighttime by a considerable ammount but i HIGHLY suggest you dont use melee characters as youll have to climb him all the time to infllict damage which is annoying it took me maybe 45 minutes to kill him around the same level as you with lvl 72 sorcerer pawns he'll leave once you inflict enough damage so just exit and go back i did it 3 times and on the 3rd time i killed him MAKE SURE TO PLAY OFFLINE as online he gets more overall health each time hes killed by now hes probably got well over 1million health points. Good luck :D

Its not that bad i wouldve preferred you use assassin as it has a perk that buff health and strength at nighttime by a considerable ammount but i HIGHLY suggest you dont use melee characters as youll have to climb him all the time to infllict damage which is annoying it took me maybe 45 minutes to kill him around the same level as you with lvl 72 sorcerer pawns he'll leave once you inflict enough damage so just exit and go back i did it 3 times and on the 3rd time i killed him MAKE SURE TO PLAY OFFLINE as online he gets more overall health each time hes killed by now hes probably got well over 1million health points. Good luck :D

When I fought him online, he had very "little" health. Yet, I couldn't make a scratch on him. If I fight him offline, I can actually bring his health down?

Ok, I'll consider changing my vocation. But what are the best weapon's for a strider/ranger? Luckily I have enough money for that maker's finger.

How is a strider/ranger easier? What is the best weapons I can get for them without dragonforge? I just want to take this dragon down. (December offers a lot of goodies for Plus)

idk what the best weapons would be if you've never been to BBI. but yes dragonforging stuff helps. and the ranger/strider vocation is best because of the blast arrows. and you can hit the hearts on his wings with ease.

Ok some people are giving you sideways info here.

- Change to an Assassin, the Assassin allows you to use a Sword, Dagger, a Bow AND a Shield. You'll want a Sword and a Bow as some spots need to be hit with Melee while others (like his wings) need to be hit with a Bow.

- Play Offline. The Ur-Dragon is an online enemy who has 1.5Million health...which is why it seems like you're not doing anything. When it comes to Offline, I can't explain why, but it actually feels like you do a considerable amount of damage. But don't get it twisted...he's still an epic pain in the ass.

- Buy a metric fuck ton of Blast Arrows and Conqueror's Periapts. The Blast Arrows explod on impact causing the double the normal damage a regular arrow does. And if you have a Mage/Sorcorer on your team, they'll constantly provide you with an element on top of the blast damage the arrows do. Conqueror's Periapts increase your offense and can be stacked on top of each other...so you'll do more damage, they just don't last long.

- The Ur-Dragon flies away every 8 minutes...but the beauty of being Offline is that, you can leave the chamber, and go back in and his health will still be down to whatever it was when he flew away, this was you can whittle it down little by little over the course of leaving and returning.

- I would advise to getting out of the Everfall. If you're on NG+, there's a Special Rift stone in Cassardis, where you can go straight to the Ur-Dragon. But the point of this is that the arms shop in Cassardis and Iolas shop next to it provide you with 3 things you'll want to stock up on every time you have to leave the dragons chamber. Blast Arrows, Conqueror's Periapts and Harspud Sauce. The Ur-Dragon does a ton of damage, even Offline...so Harspud Sauce helps in healing you in times of need, and heals more then Harspud Milk or Juice. But being able to run to these stores back and forth from the Special Rift Stone (which is on the beach BTW), makes things MUCH easier.

I killed the Ur-Dragon around level 62, so it took me 2 Hours to actually beat him. Which is a reason I don't keep going back to him, but the stuff I told you above will help a lot.

Edited by TheViper4Life

Ok some people are giving you sideways info here.

- Change to an Assassin, the Assassin allows you to use a Sword, Dagger, a Bow AND a Shield. You'll want a Sword and a Bow as some spots need to be hit with Melee while others (like his wings) need to be hit with a Bow.

- Play Offline. The Ur-Dragon is an online enemy who has 1.5Million health...which is why it seems like you're not doing anything. When it comes to Offline, I can't explain why, but it actually feels like you do a considerable amount of damage. But don't get it twisted...he's still an epic pain in the ass.

- Buy a metric fuck ton of Blast Arrows and Conqueror's Periapts. The Blast Arrows explod on impact causing the double the normal damage a regular arrow does. And if you have a Mage/Sorcorer on your team, they'll constantly provide you with an element on top of the blast damage the arrows do. Conqueror's Periapts increase your offense and can be stacked on top of each other...so you'll do more damage, they just don't last long.

- The Ur-Dragon flies away every 8 minutes...but the beauty of being Offline is that, you can leave the chamber, and go back in and his health will still be down to whatever it was when he flew away, this was you can whittle it down little by little over the course of leaving and returning.

- I would advise to getting out of the Everfall. If you're on NG+, there's a Special Rift stone in Cassardis, where you can go straight to the Ur-Dragon. But the point of this is that the arms shop in Cassardis and Iolas shop next to it provide you with 3 things you'll want to stock up on every time you have to leave the dragons chamber. Blast Arrows, Conqueror's Periapts and Harspud Sauce. The Ur-Dragon does a ton of damage, even Offline...so Harspud Sauce helps in healing you in times of need, and heals more then Harspud Milk or Juice. But being able to run to these stores back and forth from the Special Rift Stone (which is on the beach BTW), makes things MUCH easier.

I killed the Ur-Dragon around level 62, so it took me 2 Hours to actually beat him. Which is a reason I don't keep going back to him, but the stuff I told you above will help a lot.

Ok, I looked up Assassin details and he looks pretty good. He can even turn invisible! This can be helpful!

I didn't know what those Perpiats did, I never used them. But I think I will now. My team is mostly magic people so that can help to.

Ok, I think I'll go with this. The only thing is that I don't want to fight Grigori again to dragon forge. Other than that, this can help a lot. Thanks!

Ok, I looked up Assassin details and he looks pretty good. He can even turn invisible! This can be helpful!

I didn't know what those Perpiats did, I never used them. But I think I will now. My team is mostly magic people so that can help to.

Ok, I think I'll go with this. The only thing is that I don't want to fight Grigori again to dragon forge. Other than that, this can help a lot. Thanks!

you don't have to fight him to dragonforge. any dragon can do it it's just rare. well..not like the kind of rare where you need to kill like 500 or something like that. they can usually dragonforge something within maybe 1-3 kills? idk i'm just speculating about that.

you don't have to fight him to dragonforge. any dragon can do it it's just rare. well..not like the kind of rare where you need to kill like 500 or something like that. they can usually dragonforge something within maybe 1-3 kills? idk i'm just speculating about that.

So, maybe that Drake on the Western part of the map can help?

Other than fighting the UR dragon offline, I think you should just expect it to be a little challenging, and it's likely going to take you a few times of going back and forth to kill it.

Personally, I killed it as a Magic Archer, and I think I was in the late 60s level-wise. I had to go back 4 times. The glowing hearts can be hard to find on it when it moves around, but I didn't have any issues other than that. Just be persistent, don't expect you're going to kill it in one round, and you shouldn't have too much difficulty killing it. Good luck!

So, maybe that Drake on the Western part of the map can help?
Drake, Wyrm, Wyvern and Offline Ur-Dragon can Dragon Forge...but they require whatever equipment that you want Dragon forged to at least be upgraded once, and it's not guaranteed to happen, but you have increased chances if you have 2 and 3 star upgrades already.

The storyline Dragon and the Online Ur-Dragon will automatically Dragon Forge whats equipped.

I found this on the Wiki...its the percent chance they have of Dragon forging.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2381/ueka.png

Drake, Wyrm, Wyvern and Offline Ur-Dragon can Dragon Forge...but they require whatever equipment that you want Dragon forged to at least be upgraded once, and it's not guaranteed to happen, but you have increased chances if you have 2 and 3 star upgrades already.

The storyline Dragon and the Online Ur-Dragon will automatically Dragon Forge whats equipped.

I found this on the Wiki...its the percent chance they have of Dragon forging.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2381/ueka.png

i wonder if the dragons in BBI have a higher percent of dragonforging. plus there is the cursed dragon that can dragonforge. he usually can do 2-3 pieces of equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

The BBI dragons have a significantly higher chance of dragonforging stuff. Cursed Dragons seem to have the highest chance in my experience. If you have finished BBI (aka killed Daimon for the frist time) there will be many more types of dragon spawning in the larger areas, plus one can always use Rancid Bait Meat to fight Cursed Dragons.

All my party is level 'infinte' aka 200. I'm playing an Immolation-Magic Archer and so far i never managed to kill the Online-Urdragon (i get around 2800 Str nonbuffed, using the best Equipment there is)....

Carrying tons of Blast Arrows and stuff can be annoying because of the weight limit. You can give some of the stuff to your pawns but i would not waste carrying capacity for healing items (except for a bare minimum). Every party should have an Anodyne Mage, which is the only spell that restores health in the game.

You can change professions and everything in this game at any time you like, lol. Read the trophy guide!

All this talk of being a strider or ranger class in general is just eh. My Mystic Knight wrecks the offline Ur-Dragon, and he's pathetic with health and physical attack since I was a Sorcerer until around level 65. I cast the Holy enchant Shield skill, 2 greater Cannons in quick succession, then unload the Holy-Homing machine gun assault upon it. The dragon offline usually gets down to like 2 or 3 health bars before he can fly away. Soon I'll be able to crush him in one go every time. Btw, I'm level 79 now traveling with a level 79 Strider, and a level 72 Fighter. No 4th pawn, that way I get more EXP while still having all my bases covered in combat.

• 3 weeks later...

This online Ur-Dragon is some sort of hoax... just minutes ago I went in and BAM! he is with a scrap of health so I kept wrecking triple/quadruple holy Great Cannon and.... nothing, absolutely nothing. I did this for 8 minutes and he didn't die. Mind you I was using the Demon's Periapt and am currently lv101.

After this I came in the chamber and info about helping with killing the dragon came up, re-entered again and he came down with all 10 orbs of health. What the hell was going on?

This online Ur-Dragon is some sort of hoax... just minutes ago I went in and BAM! he is with a scrap of health so I kept wrecking triple/quadruple holy Great Cannon and.... nothing, absolutely nothing. I did this for 8 minutes and he didn't die. Mind you I was using the Demon's Periapt and am currently lv101.

After this I came in the chamber and info about helping with killing the dragon came up, re-entered again and he came down with all 10 orbs of health. What the hell was going on?

Did you exit the game at any point between that?

you have been fighting online-Ur.

He was in grace

you got a onlione-Ur reward for contributing

grace was over, a new generation started

pretty easy actually.

beside that...

even at lvl 200 with 2*4 periapt stacks he takes time.

a soft online-Ur during event still only takes 15% of one bar if you are a fully decked out 200 asn with 2*4 periapt stacks.