Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 06-13-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
Edgar0Allan

Send a message via Yahoo to Edgar0Allan
Default The Ever-Glitchy Ur-Dragon

Dragon's Dogma Screenshot_21
Hey guys! I just went online last night playing Dragon's Dogma. I went online to check out what was current generation of Ur-Dragon. As I enter the Chamber of Lament, and I noticed that I had been rewarded for my
contribution to the Defeat of the Ur-Dragon.

Dragon's Dogma Screenshot_18

I got these amazing items:

Lustrous Greatshield
Totem Mace
Talarian White

Dragon's Dogma Screenshot_25
The last time I fought the Ur-Dragon was two weeks ago. It was Generation 48, It was was very glitchy, poor framerate issues, and it seemed to my gameplay that the Ur-Dragon was healing 2 Bars of health beginning after I took off 6 bars of his life. I spent 4 frustrating hours trying to annihilated this wretched abomination with over 800 greenwarishes depleted and I still could not bring him down. Obviously, I stopped trying and wasn't really able to take him down online. However, The rewards I received last night proved that I did some real damage, but due to a glitch combined with frame rate issues, It didn't really show that did any significant impact to it.

Dragon's Dogma Screenshot_4
According to the speculations of the Ur-Dragon from the Dragon's Dogma Wiki:
Quote:
Rumors:

The health bar of the online Ur-Dragon isn't fully accurate
e.g. if you deplete 1/8 of his total health online it might not represent 1/8 of his total health according to the server which tracks his status
A theory has been proposed that his total health is devided amoung the number of players fighting him at one time. e.g. If he has 100 health and 10 players are fighting him then 10 health will be displayed on each player's game. Whereas if only 5 players are fighting him 20 health will be displayed on each game.
A seperate theory has been proposed that when you destroy a heart the damage is somewhat devided amoung his others hearts. This would give the illusion that he is being healed when in reality all damage is being accounted just not all on one heart.

Confirmed:

With each new generation the Ur- Dragon grows stronger.
Being killed or fleeing from the Ur-Dragon will restore a heart. (Which in essence is your heart, remember how pawns comment on how the Dragon is wraught with hearts of Arisen.)
A Maker's Finger will instantly kill a heart. (Need to test to see if damage inflicts remaining health of the heart hit or set amount. I.e. test Maker's finger on a weak heart and on a strong heart to see if health removed is different.)
Dying - 100% of YOUR health restore to the Ur-Dragon. The more health YOU have, the more he gets if you die.
Wakestone - 75% of your health. Not as bad, but still damned bad if you use several thinking its okay.
Runaway - 125% of your health given to the Dragon. They call it the coward's penalty. ONLY applies if you kill the three pawns, so you can pop in and check the leader board without penalty.

Dragon's Dogma Screenshot_26
This actually somewhat answers my questions, but what you think guys?
Let me know what you think

“When people cheat in any arena, they diminish themselves-they threaten their own self-esteem and their relationships with others by undermining the trust they have in their ability to succeed and in their ability to be true.” ― Cheryl Hughes
Edgar0Allan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #2
CogniVision
Banned

Awards Showcase Maximum Clubs Top 5   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)

Last time I fought Ur-Dragon it was on Gen 63... Now do you really think after that many kills this is news? xD

That wasn't a glitch. Ur-Dragon heals when he kills an Arisen, he steals their hearts. Also, you aren't meant to do real damage and be able to kill the Ur-Dragon online. After he flies away your game accesses the server. It adds up all the damage everyone did for the next time he comes around.
If everyone did good damage, he'll come around weaker. If people died he'll come around with more health.

It's an extremely dumb system. The only thing I'm missing from him is a couple of the masks though, think I have every weapon for each vocation so it's like... forget it. He isn't worth the time. I'd rather beat the game over again for a 100% DF from main boss than deal with that random mess of a boss.

Also you're rewarded based off how many times you successfully fought him until he flew away. If you only fought him once you get a pretty poor reward when he dies. If you fought him many times the reward is better.
However if you were actually there when he was dying and killed him, it doesn't matter if you fought him 0 times. You will get the maximum reward with a crapload of equipment drops and 20 Wakestones.

Last edited by CogniVision; 06-13-2012 at 02:48 PM.
CogniVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
sunnygrg

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

So, can you explain what the glitchy part about the Online Ur-Dragon was? What I get from your post is you just stating facts and rumors.

It doesn't matter what generation of the Ur-Dragon you fight. The next time you enter the Chamber, you will be rewarded with loots provided that the one you fought has died. The reward you get depends on the amount of damage you inflicted upon the Dragon. I am pretty sure you didn't take out its six bars in one go. Nobody can. Felling the online Ur Dragon is a combined effort by players all over the world. Some will contribute efficiently while others will make it harder by constantly dying, thus healing it in the process.

Technically, you spawn the Ur-Dragon the moment you enter the Chamber of Lament. Say that you enter the Chamber at Generation 50 with the Ur Dragon having 4 bars of health. If you decide to afk without dropping into the arena and fighting the three dark pawns, then even if the Dragon dies, you will still be fighting a Generation 50 Dragon with 4 life bars. It means the health of the online Ur Dragon is never accurate. There are many many variables involved. You can only get the maximum reward if you damage it enough and also deal the killing blow.

One thing I don't get is the death, revive, and coward punishment. Even if 125% of the Arisen's health goes towards the Dragon if you flee, shouldn't most of us be able to negate that with just a couple of slashes?

Last edited by sunnygrg; 06-13-2012 at 03:28 PM.
sunnygrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
CogniVision
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygrg View Post
One thing I don't get is the death, revive, and coward punishment. Even if 125% of the Arisen's health goes towards the Dragon if you flee, shouldn't most of us be able to negate that with just a couple of slashes?
The higher level someone is, the more health they have to give the Ur-Dragon. And we dont know the exact defenses of the Ur-Dragon that may make 3-4k+ hp a lot to take off.
Not to mention, some people die multiple times in one Ur-Dragon fight. And multiple people might be dying multiple times. If there are just 10 deaths with that kind of health that's 50k+ hp the Ur-Dragon could get.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
sunnygrg

Awards Showcase THL Season 5 - Cross-site Competition Champions   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Jack of All Trades   A+ Thread Award   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 2 - Top 20 Individuals   Community Gaming Event Gold   5,000 Posts   Maximum Clubs Top 5   Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CogniVision View Post
The higher level someone is, the more health they have to give the Ur-Dragon. And we dont know the exact defenses of the Ur-Dragon that may make 3-4k+ hp a lot to take off.
Not to mention, some people die multiple times in one Ur-Dragon fight. And multiple people might be dying multiple times. If there are just 10 deaths with that kind of health that's 50k+ hp the Ur-Dragon could get.
It only has 380 physical and magic defense. In comparison, a Chimera had 250, and an Archhydra has 300 DEF.

The only sane logic here would be that there are more bad players than pros.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
CogniVision
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygrg View Post
It only has 380 physical and magic defense. In comparison, a Chimera had 250, and an Archhydra has 300 DEF.

The only sane logic here would be that there are more bad players than pros.
Is it EVER the other way around?