Difficulty comparison: Post-game vs. NG+?

So right now I'm in the post-game. Walking around I run into hellhounds instead of wolves, succubi instead of harpies, giant undead instead of bandits. These enemies are obviously tougher than their normal counterparts.

What is NG+ like? Do you get your original types of enemies? Are they the same difficulty they were the first time or are they harder?

In general, how would you compare enemy difficulty between NG+ and post-game walking around the world (not the Everfall)?

Thanks...

I'm not really excited about OHKOing most things. Was expecting at least higher leveled enemies or something. Oh well.

In New Game+ you can battle the Ur-Dragon immediately. Maybe someone can answer this for me. Do Drakes, Wyrms, or Wyverns spawn in the game before you beat the dragon? If not, than they can spawn anytime in New game+ as I ran into a drake yesterday and I am still early in the story (Before meeting the duke).

To be honest I am glad the enemies are a bit weaker. I do not like hellhounds.

In New Game+ you can battle the Ur-Dragon immediately. Maybe someone can answer this for me. Do Drakes, Wyrms, or Wyverns spawn in the game before you beat the dragon? If not, than they can spawn anytime in New game+ as I ran into a drake yesterday and I am still early in the story (Before meeting the duke).

They do spawn, but the only one I've seen before beating the dragon is the one that's walking around near the Rest Camp thats near Shadow Fort.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not really excited about OHKOing most things. Was expecting at least higher leveled enemies or something. Oh well.

Meh. As a a mystic knight it's fun. Using vortex sigil on a group of goblins and then using full moon slash on 6 of them at the same time... priceless.

It isnt a big deal for me, I mean New Game Plus' on the SNES Games didn't get harder, and only a few do nowadys compared to the amount of NEw Gam epLus in Games. It's what it was supposed to be, like running in a God Mode around.

But well, it's a bit lame to be true. I mean yesterday i killed the Story Dragon in my 2nd Run, I put out my Bow, Blast Arrows, the Skill where you can fire 5 Arrows at once, and BAM didnt even last 5Minutes till he died=/

Do you have to get the 20 wakestones to be able to start NG+ or can I start it now? Idk, struggling pretty hardcore with a few of these Chambers in the Everfall. Well... Mainly my pawns are. Seeing as how I get to kill an enemy, run and pick all three of them up. Kill an enemy, run and pick them all up. Smh. I'm level 53, and my 2 hire on pawns are 56 and 58. That not good enough?

Do you have to get the 20 wakestones to be able to start NG+ or can I start it now? Idk, struggling pretty hardcore with a few of these Chambers in the Everfall. Well... Mainly my pawns are. Seeing as how I get to kill an enemy, run and pick all three of them up. Kill an enemy, run and pick them all up. Smh. I'm level 53, and my 2 hire on pawns are 56 and 58. That not good enough?

Yeah, Everfall (or post-game in general) spikes up the difficulty a bit. I would recommend about Level 60-ish before navigating the depths, but then again, the game is overkill at that level unless you don't have all the rare armors like I do :whistle:

So I can start a NG+ tho? Without finishing the 20 wakestones quest?

That 20 Wakestone quest is how you get to NG+. It's the last part of the game.

Yeah, Everfall (or post-game in general) spikes up the difficulty a bit. I would recommend about Level 60-ish before navigating the depths, but then again, the game is overkill at that level unless you don't have all the rare armors like I do :whistle:

Even without all the rare Everfall armors you can kill anything without a problem by the time your 60, unless you've never upgraded your weapons. I just recently started farming Everfall for some of it's gear and I'm lvl 120+.

Edited by CogniVision

That 20 Wakestone quest is how you get to NG+. It's the last part of the game.

Even without all the rare Everfall armors you can kill anything without a problem by the time your 60, unless you've never upgraded your weapons. I just recently started farming Everfall for some of it's gear and I'm lvl 120+.

Ughhhh lol... I don't have a problem with it at 53. But damn my pawns are utterly worthless. Especially in Chamber of Fate. They holdin me back son! I think I might switch to Ranger or Magic Archer, currently a Mystic Knight with a Ranger, a Sorcerer and a Mage for Pawns.

My party usually consists of Warrior, Mage, second Mage or Sorcerer, and an Assassin. It works out pretty well. All the classes support each other really well if you have the right augments, and inclinations. Just remember to remove Guardian and Medicant inclinations, and only hire ones with relevant augments.

The only problem I ever had in Everfall was in this one Chamber where some Undead mages cast slow on me, and I got constantly bolted with Lightning by the Chimera, and Gorechimera (not Chamber of Fate). I couldn't stand up for about a minute.

The only problem I ever had in Everfall was in this one Chamber where some Undead mages cast slow on me, and I got constantly bolted with Lightning by the Chimera, and Gorechimera (not Chamber of Fate). I couldn't stand up for about a minute.

Yeah, that chamber is just insane. It's like a tennis match, with you as the ball.

Ughhhh lol... I don't have a problem with it at 53. But damn my pawns are utterly worthless. Especially in Chamber of Fate. They holdin me back son! I think I might switch to Ranger or Magic Archer, currently a Mystic Knight with a Ranger, a Sorcerer and a Mage for Pawns.

Yeah the Chamber of Fate is the highest level chamber. The Pawns are more distractions in that one than anything. It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the 3 bosses... but 3 bosses + infinite spawning hellhounds that are constantly summoned by the Lich.

Very annoying.