When this game comes out would a thread to put up your player's pawn information/stats and psn on here be considered a boosting thread type?

I think it would be nice to have a place to check out this site's user pawns since everybody who plays this has to make a pawn and pawn sharing is highly recommended from early previews and such. Not that searching through the rift appears to be especially difficult.

Yeah, I was going to go the healer/buffer role with my main pawn. I feel most people will want to go the damaging role for their main character (strider for me). So either a tank or healer would be a good fit for most main pawns.

I'm still not entirely sure how I'm going to approach my playtrough of this game. I'm probably going to end up playing a mage with a warrior for my primary pawn. I never play as a mage so that'll probably be interesting.

Would this want to make you play as a mage :p?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-YDiKnWvc]Sorcerer - Maelstrom - YouTube[/ame]

I would. To bad I'm really interested in the Magic Archer (bows) :)

I'll most likely play the Tank myself so my Pawn will be a heavy support Mage (Healing/Buffing)

I'm also considering a Strider for myself and Tank for my Pawn

Either way i'll try to make good Pawns for all you guys ^^

Feel free to add me via PSN (SoulFry), just type 'Dragons Dogma' in your message please :)

I love melee builds in this type of games so my main will definitely be a Fighter > Warrior. Apparently the game encourages you to switch vocations constanly so I don't know how viable it'll be to stick to only one.

Still unsure about my pawn though. I was thinking about Strider but a lot of people want to play as a Strider so I don't know.

Yeah, I'd say that tips the scale a bit. If they've got a few high level spells of that magnitude that a mage'll definitely be fun to play as. I'l probably need a strong group to cover my ass while I cast stuff like that though.

You should check out all the skill video's on their channel ;) The mage skills are quite impressive.

I'm actually curious how the assassin is going to play out in this game. Saw a couple clips which got me interested in returning to my rogue vocations from back in the days of EQOA when my dd was capable of taking down most anything on the server, player and AI alike... except for a couple guys who played Paladins... hated paladins...

Might be stuck early on then until I can get a decent group together, though, as it would leave me needing a tank and a support class, so could throw a pretty good pawn out there for everyone who isn't already playing one. If the AI in this game is as good as it appears to be for NPCs I'm thinking a mage would make for a good pawn to buff and heal, but not really going to know until we get a bit more hands on experience to compare and contrast I would guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah but what about people wanting to buy or sell a pawn? I totally would buy a level 100-200 something pawn (if the game would let me). That would be great. Though I'm sure Capcom prevents it somehow. If people were selling them, they would likely ask way too much. Would be an interesting thing for gamers to make a few dollars from playing their own game. I'll be leveling up my own pawns as well, though the thought of making that happen faster is nice. Item duping would be nice too, for trades. I'd throw down at least ten to fifteen dollars for a high level pawn, really only through ebay though. I'd feel better about that than buying a fifteen dollar map pack on Call of Duty.

Edited by UndergroundHipHopHead

Yeah but what about people wanting to buy or sell a pawn? I totally would buy a level 100-200 something pawn (if the game would let me). That would be great. Though I'm sure Capcom prevents it somehow. If people were selling them, they would likely ask way too much. Would be an interesting thing for gamers to make a few dollars from playing their own game. I'll be leveling up my own pawns as well, though the thought of making that happen faster is nice. Item duping would be nice too, for trades. I'd throw down at least ten to fifteen dollars for a high level pawn, really only through ebay though. I'd feel better about that than buying a fifteen dollar map pack on Call of Duty.

Why dont you just throw down $10-15 for their whole save file while you're at it? :whistle:

@ cognivision

Why don't you just worry about yourself while you're at it? I didn't mention that because I don't want that (you should think of that before being a smartass :whistle:). Some people want the save files, though I don't and I would of mentioned that if it didn't disable trophies and ruin some of the fun for me. I'm talking about one pawn here, like a mage. I don't want to be a mage so I'd like to have one as my main pawn. I don't want the pawn to be super weak from the start. I've got other games to play too and not enough time. I'm glad I might be able to run through the game faster without disabling trophies and that you care that much about what I'm doing lol.

No, you just don't understand and that's fine. I know you're trying to slap a label on me for your own shits and giggles. It was all just an idea of mine anyway. You shouldn't knock it, I bet you would sell a pawn for real money. It'll cost a lot of in game money if you don't have the person as a friend on PSN. I'm not a hardcore booster, just a trophy fiend excited for this game and trying to not spend three hundred hours on this like I did in Fallout 3. If I wanted for someone else to do ALL of the work for me, I'd buy a damn save file and not care about the trophies. I don't do that nor do I want to, end of story.

Slapping a label on you? xD

I'm merely stating what you were talking about. Someone else levels a pawn, sells it to you. You reap the benefits without doing any work. You can make however many excuses you want, but I'm just saying the exact thing you are except without as many words. :p

Anyway. No, I would not sell my pawn for real money.

Slapping a label on you? xD

I'm merely stating what you were talking about. Someone else levels a pawn, sells it to you. You reap the benefits without doing any work. You can make however many excuses you want, but I'm just saying the exact thing you are except without as many words. :p

Anyway. No, I would not sell my pawn for real money.

That's not all you were doing, don't give me that bs. What does it matter if someone buys a pawn or whatever? Stop crying about it already. The game was setup to trade pawns for free and for money. It's part of the game. You can keep calling it whatever you want. I'm not sure what your whole deal is really. You make it sound like a pawn helping me is some god awful thing. It's just a damn video game, get over yourself.

That's not all you were doing, don't give me that bs. What does it matter if someone buys a pawn or whatever? Stop crying about it already. The game was setup to trade pawns for free and for money. It's part of the game. You can keep calling it whatever you want. I'm not sure what your whole deal is really. You make it sound like a pawn helping me is some god awful thing. It's just a damn video game, get over yourself.

lol wow... I have no deal, nor am I crying. I'm just stating a fact.

You're trying to say it's part of the game yet you're talking about buying them off ebay, which is not part of the game. Then you're telling me 'it's just a damn video game' when I have made no big deal about it. Yet you're the one saying you would like to pay real money for other people's stuff inside, said, 'just a damn video game'.

Sounds like you're pretty self conscience about your own choices here. If you're going to get that bent out of shape about someone saying you are paying for others to do the work for you... maybe you shouldn't post about wanting others to do the work for you. Ever think about that? O.o

Anyway I'm done with you since you obviously have your own issues you need to work out here.

Edited by CogniVision