Use of leveling up in the Trophy guide?

Kinglink

Exactly why does the trophy guide talk about leveling up the alternate characters? (And will you have to play as both characters or can you just have one of the controllers on?)

I'm just curious because the only trophy that requires multiple playthroughs seems to only require playing through the main story line on normal, which shouldn't be that hard. Is there a reason to level them further than 35?

You shouldn't have to worry about levelling up other characters, that would be a waste of time in my opinion. By the time you beat Infernal with your main character, you should have enough high level NPCs to do Normal with the other 5 characters in your sleep.

Once you beat Normal you'll be able to create a character at level 15 instead of 1, making it even easier. In fact if you happen to get gear (level 15-35) for other characters while going through the game, keep them for your other characters. That will make it even easier than it already is. Just take 3 high level NPCs and race through the 9 levels as fast as you can. Then go fight the final boss, and that's it.

The only reason I could fathom would be to bring along your main character for extra experience, to make hard mode a little easier, by getting a few more levels. But if you play with (experienced) humans, they should be able to carry you if you happen to be underlevelled. If you're playing with other underlevelled adventurers, however, you could be in for a rough time.

Edited by Sylvester191