Optimal Roadmap?

Skaughtto

Tested! Works!

Estimated Time = 40-50 hours

Requires PS3 & 4 controllers

- - -

I was taking a look at a couple of the guides, but just wanted to be sure this was the way to go:

1st Playthrough

Choose Main Character

Complete 50 Quests (see guide)

*You won't unlock the last 15~20 quests until you beat the game once, but you can go back to Normal difficulty to do the later ones.

Complete Normal Difficulty

Create a separate save file for the speed run

Defeat the Ancient Dragon within 2 minutes on Normal

Complete Hard Difficulty

Defeat the Ancient Dragon within 3 minutes on Hard

Complete Infernal Difficulty

Defeat the Ancient Dragon within 4 minutes on Infernal

Reach level 99

2nd Playthrough

Create 3 New Characters as P1, P2, P3 (extra controllers required)

Choose Main Character as P4

Drag extra controllers through Normal Difficulty

3rd Playthrough

Create 2 New Characters as P1, P2 (extra controllers required)

Clean-up Trophies (if not completed earlier)

(B)Devout Follower

Offer 100,000 gold to the goddess.

(B)Insatiable Adventurer

Clear all 9 rounds in the Labyrinth without returning to town.

(S)Best of the Best

Earn over 5,000,000 points in one adventure.

(B)Three-star Chef

Score over 50,000 points during camp.

(B)King of the Colosseum

Be the champion of the colosseum ten times.

(S)Gourmand

Eat all the different food that can be made at camp.

(S)Legendary Strike

Deal over 100,000 damage in one strike.

Then

(P) Dragon's Crown

Earn all trophies!

:applause:

Edited by Skaughtto

I was taking a look at a couple of the guides, but just wanted to be sure this was the way to go:

1st Playthrough

Choose Main Character

Complete 50 Quests (see guide)

Complete Normal Difficulty

Defeat the Ancient Dragon within 2 minutes on Normal

Complete Hard Difficulty

Defeat the Ancient Dragon within 3 minutes on Hard

Complete Infernal Difficulty

Defeat the Ancient Dragon within 4 minutes on Infernal

Reach level 99

2nd Playthrough

3rd Playthrough

Clean-up Trophies (if not completed earlier)

(B)Insatiable Adventurer

Clear all 9 rounds in the Labyrinth without returning to town.

(S)Best of the Best

Earn over 5,000,000 points in one adventure.

(B)Three-star Chef

Score over 50,000 points during camp.

(S)Gourmand

Eat all the different food that can be made at camp.

(B)Devout Follower

Offer 100,000 gold to the goddess.

(B)King of the Colosseum

Be the champion of the colosseum ten times.

(S)Legendary Strike

Deal over 100,000 damage in one strike.

Then

(P) Dragon's Crown

Earn all trophies!

:applause:

I did these in different orders. As soon as you unlock coliseum, you can do it in less than 10mins. I do agree that Legendary Strike should be one of the last.

I have 3 left: Gourmand(others unlocked random during grinding), Level.99, and Legendary Strike (I'll attempt after level.99)

To be fair, which order with a lot of them doesn't matter to get them quicker (Eg. Coliseum), while others you shouldn't concentrate on till the end in order to save time (Gourmand, you can knock off over 95% of them while grinding)

I did these in different orders. As soon as you unlock coliseum, you can do it in less than 10mins. I do agree that Legendary Strike should be one of the last.

I have 3 left: Gourmand(others unlocked random during grinding), Level.99, and Legendary Strike (I'll attempt after level.99)

To be fair, which order with a lot of them doesn't matter to get them quicker (Eg. Coliseum), while others you shouldn't concentrate on till the end in order to save time (Gourmand, you can knock off over 95% of them while grinding)

Good info.

I started the game not long ago, then created a new character because I could reset my skill points. It got me thinking about the best way to go about getting the platinum and how long it would actually take. The guide says 70-90 hours, but it's looking much shorter than that. Depending on how you level(B Routes & Pray) and how you are able to power level your alternate characters(access to multiple controllers) some people are saying more like 40-50 hours.

2nd Playthrough

3rd Playthrough

Is there any reason why you can't simply drag 3 extra allies from the start of Normal mode playthrough 1? Do you really have to do it as 3 separate playthroughs?

Good info.

I started the game not long ago, then created a new character because I could reset my skill points. It got me thinking about the best way to go about getting the platinum and how long it would actually take. The guide says 70-90 hours, but it's looking much shorter than that. Depending on how you level(B Routes & Pray) and how you are able to power level your alternate characters(access to multiple controllers) some people are saying more like 40-50 hours.

Yeah the guide was made before the patch, so it's less, but the guide wasn't edited since the patch. The patch allows you to skip straight to Talismans B rote with a new character when you already beat it once

Is there any reason why you can't simply drag 3 extra allies from the start of Normal mode playthrough 1? Do you really have to do it as 3 separate playthroughs?

Unfortunately yeah, you have to. Thankfully, see my above comment, you only need to run through B Routes and you can use your levelled up character in P2 and let new P1 just sit there. That is the fastest way. Takes a little under an hour each class if you do it that way

Edited by Xander45
please use the edit/multi quote function instead of double posting

Unfortunately yeah, you have to. Thankfully, see my above comment, you only need to run through B Routes and you can use your levelled up character in P2 and let new P1 just sit there. That is the fastest way. Takes a little under an hour each class if you do it that way

You can also get all your non-mains done just using 3 higher level NPCs. So if you wait until your NPCs are level 50 or higher you can run through the B routes in the same amount of time without dragging them with your main. I suggest this only because I found trying to level on Normal kind of pointless once Hard was unlocked.

You can also get all your non-mains done just using 3 higher level NPCs. So if you wait until your NPCs are level 50 or higher you can run through the B routes in the same amount of time without dragging them with your main. I suggest this only because I found trying to level on Normal kind of pointless once Hard was unlocked.

True. I played with main main because it was quicker to beat the enemies with me as P2 max level and good equip, but not to level up

Supporting 3 "dead" characters from level 1 would be a really tough grind. Going back later with your level 99 character to carry them would be much easier/faster. I doubt you'd be able to beat some bosses with such little damage output. I hear enemy hp scales based on the number of characters.

As long as the other characters are attached to a controller, you'll get the trophy for beating the game with them.

Playing with NPCs isn't a bad idea. The results may be just about the same with two controllers for level 1 characters and two high level NPCs.

I wouldn't do it with three high level NPCs, that would mean a playthrough with each character individually, which is what I am trying to avoid. Even with the roadmap in the first post you are going to play the game five times - (#1)Normal, (#2)Hard, (#3)Infernal, (#4)3 classes, (#5)2 classes - to unlock all of the trophies.

It's a fun game, but I don't know that I'll want to play after going through the same story so many times and there are some classes I may not be interested in.

Supporting 3 "dead" characters from level 1 would be a really tough grind. Going back later with your level 99 character to carry them would be much easier/faster. I doubt you'd be able to beat some bosses with such little damage output. I hear enemy hp scales based on the number of characters.

As long as the other characters are attached to a controller, you'll get the trophy for beating the game with them.

Playing with NPCs isn't a bad idea. The results may be just about the same with two controllers for level 1 characters and two high level NPCs.

I wouldn't do it with three high level NPCs, that would mean a playthrough with each character individually, which is what I am trying to avoid. Even with the roadmap in the first post you are going to play the game five times - (#1)Normal, (#2)Hard, (#3)Infernal, (#4)3 classes, (#5)2 classes - to unlock all of the trophies.

It's a fun game, but I don't know that I'll want to play after going through the same story so many times and there are some classes I may not be interested in.

The bare minimum times you must beat the game for Plat is 8. 6 classes on Normal, one Hard, one infernal. However, 5 of the classes you can start right from the Talismans. Also however, the grinding one character to 99 is likely your last trophy (currently my last one), so I highly recommend not spending time leveling a 2nd character unless you're doing it for fun, but we're talking about quickest way possible to Plat here.

Also, I highly recommend in order to save time, that you play as your levelled up character on P2 instead of a 3rd NPC. You will destroy everything faster and shave off at least 2 hours total. It only took me about 45-50 mins to create a new dwarf, collect the Talismans, beat the dragon, get dwarf trophy, move to next class, but that's because my lvl.91 character destroyed everything.

Also note you can NOT get multiple class trophies in a run. The trophy works for whatever class is P1 only. You MUST play through all the Talismans with P1 as each class

Edited by personausermike

Also note you can NOT get multiple class trophies in a run. The trophy works for whatever class is P1 only. You MUST play through all the Talismans with P1 as each class

Incorrect. I did my extra characters in groups of two and got two trophies in one run. So level 15 fighter in player 1, level 15 elf player 2, level 99 main player 3, and high level NPC player 4. (Note new characters can start at level 15, not level 1). After beating the dragon both fighter and elf trophies popped.

Incorrect. I did my extra characters in groups of two and got two trophies in one run. So level 15 fighter in player 1, level 15 elf player 2, level 99 main player 3, and high level NPC player 4. (Note new characters can start at level 15, not level 1). After beating the dragon both fighter and elf trophies popped.

Dude! How does nobody else know this!? Your trophy time proves it! It would've saved me a few hours!

Edited by personausermike

Which difficulty did you do it on?

I was thinking it would be much faster to collect talismans on hard, but didn't know if that would meet the requirements for the "Complete the game with X character" trophy, since you aren't dragging those characters through the entire story - just beating the ancient dragon.

As long as each playable character has all of the talismans, I would think the trophies would pop... will test it when I get there.

Which difficulty did you do it on?

I was thinking it would be much faster to collect talismans on hard, but didn't know if that would meet the requirements for the "Complete the game with X character" trophy, since you aren't dragging those characters through the entire story - just beating the ancient dragon.

As long as each playable character has all of the talismans, I would think the trophies would pop... will test it when I get there.

It has to be normal, because a new character has to be player 1. But as long as you have the patch installed when you start a new character it'll give you the option of skipping right to collecting tailsmans. You no longer need to do the "A" bosses with extra characters.

I haven't read this thread through but FYI if anyone want different character ending quick, You can just do like him stated.

Be warn, though. You can't just bring them to conquer Ancient Dragon, the trophies won't pop. To see ending(s), that character must have 9 talismans THEN defeat the Ancient Dragon. Each character have individual set of talisman. If those character finish B routh together then it is fine.

Be warn, though. You can't just bring them to conquer Ancient Dragon, the trophies won't pop. To see ending(s), that character must have 9 talismans THEN defeat the Ancient Dragon. Each character have individual set of talisman. If those character finish B routh together then it is fine.

Yup, all characters need to be at the stage where they can receive talismans and they need to have all 9 for the trophy to pop.

You're right, it is very difficult supporting 3 characters, that is UNTIL your party members lose their last life stock. Then it's easy again. Because enemy level seems to scale to the number of characters alive, just let them die.

There's an easy test to see how it works. If you simply let your allies die on the first batch of enemies, the difficulty is immediately reduced and it will be as if you are playing 1-player mode instead of 4-player mode. Which, let's face it, is really easy up until Ultimate mode. You will go from 1-minute battles against a single orc to one-hit KOs. Try it on Hard or Infernal mode and you can really see the difference.

I was able to drag 4 characters through on my 1st playthroughs of Hard and Infernal modes so I don't see a major reason why it can't be done on Normal.

The only disadvantage I encountered is that my loot was split evenly between the 4 classes. That, and you can't use the NPC allies (which I think are a useless annoyance personally, the major exception being on the boat section of the Kraken fight.)

The pros are that you get several geared characters to play with at the same level as your main character, with all of the quests completed. There is no trophy for maxing every class to 99 of course. And you can skip a Normal mode playthrough.

I haven't tested it completely from the beginning, but it seems like this is the fastest possible way to get all clear trophies:

-Normal mode path A (start game, do tutorials, and go for as much exp as possible while dragging your 3 allies along from the start)

-Normal mode path B (collect talismans with all 4 characters and get 4 win trophies)

-Replay normal mode path B with the last 2 characters since new characters can now skip tutorials. Can also get normal speed kill trophy at same time since you will be far past Normal mode level cap.

If you are already going to play solo without NPCs, there is no reason not to do it this way really. It all depends on your play style and choice of abilities with your class.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add one suggestion:

When playing on your main, play online if you can. Higher level players will help you do the runs faster, but more importantly, you will run into some higher level bones which will make it easy for you to get those speed kill trophies as well as help you speed through game faster.

Another tip: Don't start carrying your other characters after you've reached 99 or finished all side quests. You can finish side quests when you're redoing routes A and B to carry your other characters to completion.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Thanks for the guide, but I have a question, after defeating the Ancient Dragon on normal, can I start the hard playthrough and get the talismans on hard, alternating it to doing quests while switching the difficulty to normal and hard back and forth? So, to get this straight, what matters is that, when I get the talismans, the difficulty is set on hard (or infernal for that matter) even though i set it to normal for the quests inbetween?

edit. Yes, I've learned that once you unlock hard, you can go back and forth switching between difficulties, to do quests on normal and gather talismans on hard (each difficulty has it's own set of talismans).

Edited by Brightblade