Powering Up a 2nd Character question

Investor27

According to the guide, when I'm powering up a 2nd character after my Normal play through, do I do it on Hard or on Normal?

And do you start at level 15 with the new character, or just start from the beginning to further help your main character level up?

I don't understand the point in bringing a new character when you start on Hard since that will take away one of your higher NPC character's slot to help your main guy (who is already at least 5 levels below the weakest enemies on Hard).

I'm sure you've figured it out by now, but the guide mean's normal mode.

The ability to start a new character at level 15 was patched into the game after release in December.

The guide was written long before then and was never updated.

It actually makes the platinum faster because you don't have to take every new Character through route A anymore, which cuts the time to beat the game with every class by more then half.

Assuming your 35 like the guide mentions, if you carry a new class through rank B and kill the dragon, that will get you to 38. from there you can either carry another class (Like I did, that will get you to 40) or you can just jump into random games on hard and get carried by other players until you are the appropriate level.

Edited by VanDeaM

Something I don't know if it's possible, but it just came to me so I might as well ask.

If I had 4 controllers would I be able to bring 3 characters along with my character that finished the game and beat normal with him would I get the endings and trophies for all 3 of those new characters?

No, whoever P1 is gets the trophy. As soon as you pick who is P1, the game will change the progress to that character. The only quick way is to do what I just did:

I used my Amazon, best all difficulties and Chaos lvl.10, then all missions. She's lvl.90. Now on the same save file, go to Inn, create a new Dwarf. Since I beat the game, it asks if want him to start lvl.15 and skip right to just getting the B-routr talismans (say yes), now on P2, use my lvl.90 Amazon, then add 2 NPC highest level. When exiting the Inn, it will ask if you want to skip Tutorial (say yes). Now run through just getting the Talismans by having P1 Dwarf just sit there, and play your lvl.90 Amazon. Should only take an hour. Repeat for other classes.

There is NO reason to level up another character if you're just looking for a quick Plat. That is time consuming and optional!

• 1 year later...