Instructions for Gourmand trophy are here!

Lifearmor

I'd like to make a definitive thread on discussing these darn foodstuffs and how to go to obtain some rare foods (depends on bosses you killed between camps).

1.) Once you have the ability to make consecutive dungeon runs, there are three dungeons after which the camp appears.

- completing Ghost Ship Cove

- completing Ancient temple

- completing Old capital

2.) There are 8 main dishes, plus three seasonings. Seasonings are in the lower right of the screen. It is confirmed that seasonings do not matter in obtaining the trophy. All you have to do is cook the main dish and eat it.

3.) Each main dish comes in two varieties. For one variety you have to put in a pan (fried food), and for the other you have to put it in a pot (boiled food).

4.) After completing Ghost ship Cover, and assuming you didn't kill special monsters, you'll have:

- barracuda fillet

- salamander

- herring

- oyster

- blue mussel

- lobster

- smoked meat

- hare meat

5.) After completing Ancient Temple, and assuming you didn't kill special monsters, you'll have:

- wild boar

- bat

- snail

- peas

- carrot

- wild onions

- cabbage

- snake

6.) After completing Old Capital, and assuming you didn't kill special monsters, you'll have:

- salted pork

- smoked meat of large beast

- chicken

- mushrooms

- wheat

- beans

- potatoes

- scorpion

7.) So what are these special monsters I'm referring to? Depending on the boss you killed, some of the main dishes will be replaced by the ingredient from the boss.

Camp after Ghost Ship Cove:

- Gazer (the eyes, THE EYES!!!) replaces salamander

- Killer Wabbit (the whole package) replaces hare meat

- Chimera (simply chimera meat) replaces smoked meat

- Kraken (tentacle) replaces lobster

Camp after Ancient Temple:

- Minotaur (tongue) replaces wild boar meat

- Harpy (eggs) replace snake meat

Camp after Old Capital:

- Worm meat (just to be sure kill one of the worms that appear in Doom Beetle after it cocoons) replaces smoked meat

- Red Dragon (meat) replaces chicken

- Wyvern (meat) replaces chicken

- Arch Demon (heart) replaces scorpion

- Myconid slice (kill the Myconid nest in route A of Underground Labyrinth, and all Myconids that spawn in that room) replaces potato

- Barracuda fillet (not sure why it appears here since it's already in basic set of variety A, but you have to clear Old Capital A route). This one produces same results as Variety A.

8.) So alltogether we have 35 different types of ingredients for a total of 70 types of meals you have to eat.

9.) Naturally, first we'd want to get regular foods that are always included out of the way. To do so, do the following:

- Complete Ancient Temple by killing Medusa and pick left choice to continue. Throw all 8 main dishes in pans for fried versions. When you start in UnderLab, quit.

- Complete Ancient Temple by killing Medusa and pick left choice to continue. Throw all 8 main dishes in pots for boiled versions. When you start in UnderLab, quit. 16 dishes done!

- Complete Ghost Ship Cove and kill Pirates. Pick left choice to continue. Throw all 8 main dishes in pans for fried versions. When you start in SubFort, quit.

- Complete Ghost Ship Cove and kill Pirates. Pick left choice to continue. Throw all 8 main dishes in pans for fried versions. When you start in SubFort, quit. 32 dishes done!

- Complete Old Capital and let Red Dragon kill itself by falling off the bridge. You can do so by retreating to the right in Red's room. Pick left choice to continue. Throw all 8 main dishes in pans for fried versions. When you start in MagiTower, quit.

- Complete Old Capital and let Red Dragon kill itself by falling off the bridge. You can do so by retreating to the right in Red's room. Pick left choice to continue. Throw all 8 main dishes in pots for boiled versions. When you start in MagiTower, quit. 48 dishes done!

10.) Now for the dishes made from boss parts. There's no quick way to do it.

- Kill Mino in SubFort, kill Wraith in Dead Castle, kill Harpy in AncTemple. Always pick left choice to continue. Minotaur's tongue replaces wild boar in lower left, while harpy eggs replace snake meat in upper right. You'll have enough time to cook both versions for two new dishes. 52 dishes done!

- Kill Doom Beetle in UnderLab (make sure to destroy Myconid nest you come across as well as all Myconids you find in that room). Then kill Arch Demon in ForgSanc, followed by Wyvern in Old Capital.

- This will be hectic, since there will be four new meats. Worm meat replaces smoked meat of large beast in upper left. Myconid slice replaces potatoes just above the seasonings. Arch Demon's heart replaces scorpions on the right. And Wyvern meat replaces chicken (just below the leftmost frypan).

- Toss Worm meat in left pan, Wyvern meat in left pot, Myconid slice in right pot, and Demon's heart in right pan. Wait for them to reappear and then...

- Toss Worm meat in left pot, Wyvern meat in left pan, Myconid slice in right pan, and Demon's heart in right pot. Keep it cool and you'll do it! 60 dishes done.

- Another marathon - kill Chimera in MagTower, then Gazer in LostWoods, then Kraken in ShipCove. Chimera meat replaces smoked meat just above the seasonings, Gazer's eyes replace salamander on the left, and Kraken's tentacles replace lobster just below right pot. Cook both versions of three new meals for 66 dishes in total.

- Now kill Killer Wabbit in LostWoods, and either Pirates or Kraken in ShipCove. Cook both versions of Killer Wabbit for 68 dishes in total.

- FINALLY! Kill Red Dragon in Old Capital and cook pot version, then go kill it again to be able to cook pan version. Yes, only one piece of Red Dragon meat is available in single camp. BTW, it replaces chicken just below left pot. 70 dishes done and trophy is yours!

Thank you for your patronage, and enjoy Dragon's Crown!

I'll also post this thread on GameFAQs.

Edited by Lifearmor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a lot to read if your lazy don't want to read that much here is what you need to know about this trophy.

Every ingredient can be made in to 2 dishes a meal and a soup.

Inorder to get this trophy just make a soup and a meal out of every ingredient and you should get the trophy.

I feel like doing this randomly yet being aware of the special monsters combination will get you this trophy. When at the camp you get what 100 seconds to combine as much as you can and in multiplayer you can ultimately get items made because there are four pots and have the chance to sneak away a dish someone else made if they have a special one you need. On the way to level 99 i'm sure you will encounter alot of camps.

One point why this guide might be good is that I *never* encountered chicken meat in the camps. Wyvern or Red Dragon were killed on my Old Capital runs, so no chicken cooking for me. And I thought that only one version of the food is enough.

So yeah, I wanted to help ya guys and girls out.=D

Very nice job compiling all of this information. I had a sneaking suspicion I'd need to cook things in both pans after I realized the dishes looked different in each. I had no idea about the boss items though, or the precise locations of the camps.

Two thumbs way up on this and a round of applause for good measure :applause: :applause: :applause:

I could swear that I've cooked 100% of the food items. I've done all of the bosses, the chicken (red dragon level), and special items like worms and myconids.

When you are cooking them do you have to wait for them to start flashing before eating them, or can you just toss them in and then pull them out and eat them? This is the only trophy in the game so far that I've had serious issues with.

It's like a sick and twisted spin on a collectibles trophy lol.

If you've unlocked this trophy without cooking things until they say remove them from the pan/pot, please say so here. Because that's the only thing I can come up with at this point.

I can confirm that you can eat all dishes "rare". They don't yield as many points and your character will more than likely diss your cooking, but they will count. I ate 90% of all the meals rare, I did put more time into some of the bosses, but that's only because I was getting my 3 star chef trophy.

I also made my own checklist and didn't fully follow the walkthrough the OP listed because I didn't want to have to juggle too many boss and special ingredients at one time, just to be thorough.

I can confirm that you can eat all dishes "rare". They don't yield as many points and your character will more than likely diss your cooking, but they will count. I ate 90% of all the meals rare, I did put more time into some of the bosses, but that's only because I was getting my 3 star chef trophy.

I also made my own checklist and didn't fully follow the walkthrough the OP listed because I didn't want to have to juggle too many boss and special ingredients at one time, just to be thorough.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I probably just forgot to boil one or two of the normal items along the way. I was pretty worried for a while there.

Now off to deal with the Ancient Dragon speed kill.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. I probably just forgot to boil one or two of the normal items along the way. I was pretty worried for a while there.

Now off to deal with the Ancient Dragon speed kill.

You bet, I'd just finished confirming all this not long before noticing your post, and I'm happy I could help. Good luck with both endeavors.