DBZ is dead...

Honestly how many dragonball games have we seen already? Why is this called ultimate tenkaichi....when the character list goes as far as cell? Okay the hero mode was thoughtful, but not necessary. Maybe when I was younger they could pull it off....naruto gets my respect now. Unless you're a saiyan like jalen and think you will ascend by playing lmfao.

YouTube - Super Saiyans are REAL (ORIGINAL)

DBZ is the most popular and influential anime of all time...it's culturally iconic, that's why games are still being made.

And you seem to be forgetting about Buu...he came after Cell. And the somewhat useless addition of SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron from the END of GT. But no, this shouldn't have been called a Tenkaichi game...because it doesn't hold a candle to BT2 and 3.

DBZ is the most popular and influential anime of all time...it's culturally iconic, that's why games are still being made.

And you seem to be forgetting about Buu...he came after Cell. And the somewhat useless addition of SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron from the END of GT. But no, this shouldn't have been called a Tenkaichi game...because it doesn't hold a candle to BT2 and 3.

No I didn't forget, that's why I don't understand the "ultimate" part. Budokai 3 I think was the greatest dbz game hands down, it had virtually every character (except GT) and that game came out about 10 years ago. However, I will pay respect to the anime in the sense that I did compare it to the naruto series which is still ongoing. I'm just saying dbz deserves to rest in peace...

No I didn't forget, that's why I don't understand the "ultimate" part. Budokai 3 I think was the greatest dbz game hands down, it had virtually every character (except GT) and that game came out about 10 years ago. However, I will pay respect to the anime in the sense that I did compare it to the naruto series which is still ongoing. I'm just saying dbz deserves to rest in peace...

B3 has GT characters, you had SSJ4 Goku, SSJ4 Vegeta, SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron. But I will always prefer Budokai Tenkaichi 3. 162 characters that include DB and GT, and the simplified fighting system (Simplified from the regular Budokai series) where you still had to constantly be on your toes. BT3 on Very Strong is the only fighting game I've ever played where every fight feels different from the last.

And technically DBZ isn't quite dead, they just came out with a new "episode" last year called "Episode of Bardock", which delvs into what happened AFTER Frieza blows up Planet Vegeta. I don't consider it canon in anyway, but it was nice to have something brand new. Plus is gave us SSJ Bardock...someone new to have in the next game.

B3 has GT characters, you had SSJ4 Goku, SSJ4 Vegeta, SSJ4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron. But I will always prefer Budokai Tenkaichi 3. 162 characters that include DB and GT, and the simplified fighting system (Simplified from the regular Budokai series) where you still had to constantly be on your toes. BT3 on Very Strong is the only fighting game I've ever played where every fight feels different from the last.

And technically DBZ isn't quite dead, they just came out with a new "episode" last year called "Episode of Bardock", which delvs into what happened AFTER Frieza blows up Planet Vegeta. I don't consider it canon in anyway, but it was nice to have something brand new. Plus is gave us SSJ Bardock...someone new to have in the next game.

If the next game goes back to the older PS2 versions we would get the SSJ Bardock but I don't know..

Oh yeah it did have GT characters (another reason it remains on top). As soon as they announced a tenkaichi dbz I felt they were headed downhill. Dunno what they couldve done to one-up it...

And I didn't know about the bardock episode ill have to check it out. Still, I don't see a major popularity comeback from the videogame franchise at least.

But thats the point, DBZ never really died...FUNimation wont let it die.

In 2007 when it was taken off TV completely, FUNimation released the Remastered Boxsets, which have sold very well but got alot of complaints from purists about the remastering process

2008, Toei Animation releases a brand new OVA called "Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return!".

Also in 2008 While starting to release Remastered sets of Dragon Ball. FUNimation starts on a whole new boxset called the Dragon Box, to give something to the purists who want Remastered DBZ that still manages to look 25 years old.

2009, FUNimation and Toei Animation reboot the series into a HORRIBLE but albeit popular directors cut of sorts, called Dragon Ball (Z) Kai...which is still on TV.

Also in 2009, amidts all the raving of DBZ Kai, the release the live action Dragonball Evolution movie. This movie was terrible, but its part of it.

2011, FUNimation starts on releasing 1080p Blu-Ray versions of the Remastered sets, production on that stopped earlier this year because of costs. Also "Episode of Bardock" was released.

Prior to 2007, GT was still on the air in 2005, and everything was in reruns in 2006. All the while games have been in steady production since the SNES days.

So in other words, DBZ has NEVER died...you just stopped paying attention.

But thats the point, DBZ never really died...FUNimation wont let it die.

In 2007 when it was taken off TV completely, FUNimation released the Remastered Boxsets, which have sold very well but got alot of complaints from purists about the remastering process

2008, Toei Animation releases a brand new OVA called "Yo! Son Goku and his Friends Return!".

Also in 2008 While starting to release Remastered sets of Dragon Ball. FUNimation starts on a whole new boxset called the Dragon Box, to give something to the purists who want Remastered DBZ that still manages to look 25 years old.

2009, FUNimation and Toei Animation reboot the series into a HORRIBLE but albeit popular directors cut of sorts, called Dragon Ball (Z) Kai...which is still on TV.

Also in 2009, amidts all the raving of DBZ Kai, the release the live action Dragonball Evolution movie. This movie was terrible, but its part of it.

2011, FUNimation starts on releasing 1080p Blu-Ray versions of the Remastered sets, production on that stopped earlier this year because of costs. Also "Episode of Bardock" was released.

Prior to 2007, GT was still on the air in 2005, and everything was in reruns in 2006. All the while games have been in steady production since the SNES days.

So in other words, DBZ has NEVER died...you just stopped paying attention.

Damn right I never paid attention....all they did was re-release and remaster...I'm not a purist. Dbz is dead because the story never continued in my opinion.

I wasn't calling you a purist. A purist is one of those annoying fans who claim to be die hard about the show, but in reality only care for Japanese/Subbed version of the show, only use japanese termanology (Its not a Spirit Bomb it HAS to be a Genki Dama), and think everything else is inferior (Even though DBZ is one of the very few animes to get more critical acclaim for the english dubbed version than for the Japanese/Subbed version.

Anyways, yes, the story is dead...but DBZ is not. Games will continued to be made, because it still garners a very active fan base (I'm one of them). My only concern is getting more, shit infested games like Ultimate Tenkaichi...I'd much rather get Raging Blast 3.

I wasn't calling you a purist. A purist is one of those annoying fans who claim to be die hard about the show, but in reality only care for Japanese/Subbed version of the show, only use japanese termanology (Its not a Spirit Bomb it HAS to be a Genki Dama), and think everything else is inferior (Even though DBZ is one of the very few animes to get more critical acclaim for the english dubbed version than for the Japanese/Subbed version.

Anyways, yes, the story is dead...but DBZ is not. Games will continued to be made, because it still garners a very active fan base (I'm one of them). My only concern is getting more, shit infested games like Ultimate Tenkaichi...I'd much rather get Raging Blast 3.

Agreed. I'm a dbz fan....never swayed from it, the problem I have is with the games. It takes away from the lure of having fun with the game when you know all you're getting is crap (ultimate tenkaichi........I'm expecting the entire dragonball universe, not cell being the pinnacle of a 65 dollar purchase).

I'm confused, why do you keep saying Cell was the end of the game? Buu was in, as well as even doing Hirudegarn (He from the 13th movie, which chronologically takes place right after they defeat Kid Buu), and then we had SSJ4 Gogeta vs. Omega Shenron.

But yes after BT3, I've been spoiled by a huge character roster, and I just don't understand why Namco keeps teasing a proper one. Raging Blast 2 was on the right track...I really hope that series isn't dead.

I'm confused, why do you keep saying Cell was the end of the game? Buu was in, as well as even doing Hirudegarn (He from the 13th movie, which chronologically takes place right after they defeat Kid Buu), and then we had SSJ4 Gogeta vs. Omega Shenron.

But yes after BT3, I've been spoiled by a huge character roster, and I just don't understand why Namco keeps teasing a proper one. Raging Blast 2 was on the right track...I really hope that series isn't dead.

Lol no one from the buu series was in this game were they? I mustve done everything and not see a single character from that saga. And I don't mean BT3 I mean budokai 3 from the first series (side-scroller).

Lol no one from the buu series was in this game were they? I mustve done everything and not see a single character from that saga. And I don't mean BT3 I mean budokai 3 from the first series (side-scroller).
You mean there was no one from the Buu saga in Ultimate Tenkaichi? You had Fat buu, Super Buu, Super Buu with Gohan Absorbed, Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan, Super Gotenks, SSJ3 Gotenks, Majin Vegeta. Plus you had Super Gogeta and Janemba/Super Janemba which is a movie that takes place during the Buu saga.

And I was saying that I got spoiled by BT3's huge character roster, it has 162 characters...so now when we keep getting these games that ONLY have DBZ characters, it becomes a bit disappointing when you know how things USED to be.

You mean there was no one from the Buu saga in Ultimate Tenkaichi? You had Fat buu, Super Buu, Super Buu with Gohan Absorbed, Kid Buu, Ultimate Gohan, Super Gotenks, SSJ3 Gotenks, Majin Vegeta. Plus you had Super Gogeta and Janemba/Super Janemba which is a movie that takes place during the Buu saga.

And I was saying that I got spoiled by BT3's huge character roster, it has 162 characters...so now when we keep getting these games that ONLY have DBZ characters, it becomes a bit disappointing when you know how things USED to be.

*slaps forehead* idiot! Oh wow I missed something might have to pick this up again but it is as u say a gigantic guessing game and I won't waste my anguish. BT3's roster was the biggest out of all, couldn't believe they let me fight super 13 (I think that was the only dbz game he makes an appearance). Call me spoiled but I think we deserved the full roster (buu series aside).

I doubt we'll get something fresh, they tried that with UT and look what happened? They've already announced this years game is in production, which is usually revealed at that big Japanese convention as well as E3.

We're expecting either Raging Blast 3 (God I hope so), Ultimate Tenkaichi 2 (I might get this warranting the gameplay is revamped), or Burst Limit 2 (Probably hated the first one more than UT, i'd most likely pass on this).

I doubt we'll get something fresh, they tried that with UT and look what happened? They've already announced this years game is in production, which is usually revealed at that big Japanese convention as well as E3.

We're expecting either Raging Blast 3 (God I hope so), Ultimate Tenkaichi 2 (I might get this warranting the gameplay is revamped), or Burst Limit 2 (Probably hated the first one more than UT, i'd most likely pass on this).

I might lean towards RB3 as well, UT rubbed me the wrong way completely and I didn't like burst limit either. I would be ecstatic if they brought back the original budokai fight system (not tenkaichi), never had more fun fighting in any other dbz game.

The Raging Blast series has been stopped because of the low sales (which is a shame because a lot of people didn't buy the first two as they just waited for the third) and decided to follow the fans suggestion to do DBZ:UT.

The problem is the fans preferences are so contradictory that UT became what it is. (Budokai fans get a bit of their melee and Tenkaichi fans get a bit of their free roam... but both put together didn't get well)

In another reunion with some selected fans, NamcoBaidai asked if they'll be interested if the next game keeps the same orientation (story, graphics modes, etc), except for the gameplay? ”

The overall response tended to “yes.”

(I'm too lazy to find a link but just google "dragon ball project 2012" to find Treevax’s Full Facebook Post on different sites)

So I speculate we'll get a DBZ:UT2 with a major return toward the Raging Blast fight mechanic. ;)

The Raging Blast series has been stopped because of the low sales (which is a shame because a lot of people didn't buy the first two as they just waited for the third) and decided to follow the fans suggestion to do DBZ:UT.

The problem is the fans preferences are so contradictory that UT became what it is. (Budokai fans get a bit of their melee and Tenkaichi fans get a bit of their free roam... but both put together didn't get well)

In another reunion with some selected fans, NamcoBaidai asked if they'll be interested if the next game keeps the same orientation (story, graphics modes, etc), except for the gameplay? ”

The overall response tended to “yes.”

(I'm too lazy to find a link but just google "dragon ball project 2012" to find Treevax’s Full Facebook Post on different sites)

So I speculate we'll get a DBZ:UT2 with a major return toward the Raging Blast fight mechanic. ;)

I can live with that...my major problem with UT was the guessing game aspect, I hated that. But adding UT's graphics with RB's game engine (which is essentially BT3's game engine), would make for an amazing game...i'm all for that.

I can live with that...my major problem with UT was the guessing game aspect, I hated that. But adding UT's graphics with RB's game engine (which is essentially BT3's game engine), would make for an amazing game...i'm all for that.

.....Huge guessing game......and the cpu knows everything ur going to press (omega shenron) :think:

• 4 weeks later...

there is actually a system to the Npc's interaction for UT its pretty basic to figure out once you fight them once-twice, the next dbz is accouned as tenkaichi 4:

New Dragon Ball Z Game For PS3 And Xbox 360 Is The Final "Budokai" Title | Siliconera

Dragon Ball Sparking Omega Announced for PS3 and Xbox 360 -- Andriasang.com

Dragon Ball: Sparking Omega announced - Gematsu

Im hoping they make this as amazing as B3, BT3 and RB2 was (top 3 imo).

oh and cause im cocky i will world 1st this one 100% :). bring it on guys :p