My Favourite DBZ Game

You know what, it might not be as fast paced but it's my favourite DBZ game in the Tenkaichi series. I'm not very far in but just the fact that it actually has Head Cha-La in it and uses images and clips from DBZ and DBZ: Kai has made me fall in love with it.

It's really cinematic and yeah the fighting is not as frantic or complex as in other DBZ games but the DBZ fanboy in me loves it.

As a game I wouldn't say it's that great, but as a piece of fan service my god is it glorious.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'm a little late on this....but I've had such a rough back and forth time with this game.

When I first got it I hated it, I didn't even want to touch it anymore, but as of recently I've lightened up to it a little bit....but one sentiment still remains....this is one of the worst DBZ games ever made.

Yes the graphics are beautiful, and the presentation in story mode is great...but none of that matters to whats really important....Gameplay.

This game is SEVERELY (and this is still an under exaggeration) repetative, It's the same animations over and over and over...which leads into the worst aspesct of this game, the guessing game feature, with no way to counter if you "guess wrong"...makes this one of the most headscratchingly retarded features I've seen in a fighting game. It's no big deal on easier difficulties but turn it up to very strong and you have a match that becomes nothing but pure luck.

People can hate on RB1 and 2 all they want, but they did one very important thing that made the games worth playing....you could always be in control as long as you knew what you were you were doing, and UT showed me how important control is when you really never have it.

I'm just hard pressed to call this a Tenkaichi game when Budokai Tenkaichi 3 changed my whole perspective on fighting games forever....*sigh* I guess we'll never get another game as great as BT3.

• 7 months later...

I'm waiting for this game to arrive in the post and I'm pretty excited for it, it didn't appeal to me at first but as Cetra said, my favourite DBZ game to date is Budokai 3 and I never liked the Raging Blast series.

Figured this would get me ready for Budokai HD in November.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I like DBZUT but there so much stuff in this game that hurts it like the 50/50 to when that little fight plus the difficulty is outrageious like fight with you character unlocking all the moves and skills..... It hard to guess there forte do they like fighting in melee mode or range mode... This DBZ game would like number 10 in my favorite DBZ game list number 1 would be a tie from Dragon Ball raging blast 2 or Dragon Ball attack of the Saiyan for DS

I'm probably one of the biggest DB fans out there, and I had such high hopes for this game and was looking forward to it so much.

For me it was a huge let down, don't get me wrong it's a good game, in the sense that it's so simple any casual player can pick it up and play which is fantastic, but it just wasn't what I had hoped for in the new DBZ game.

I really enjoyed it though, was definitely a lot of fun :)

My favourite DBZ game though would probably have to be:

Handheld - Legacy of Goku 2

Console - Budokai Tenkaichi 2&3

I'm probably one of the biggest DB fans out there, and I had such high hopes for this game and was looking forward to it so much.

For me it was a huge let down, don't get me wrong it's a good game, in the sense that it's so simple any casual player can pick it up and play which is fantastic, but it just wasn't what I had hoped for in the new DBZ game.

I really enjoyed it though, was definitely a lot of fun :)

My favourite DBZ game though would probably have to be:

Handheld - Legacy of Goku 2

Console - Budokai Tenkaichi 2&3

It wasn't a HUGE let down atleast namco show us that they have the ability to let us make our own DBZ characters right right right :think: but it was limited of a customizing list but still it a start like for hmm fan made DBZ story

It wasn't a HUGE let down atleast namco show us that they have the ability to let us make our own DBZ characters right right right :think: but it was limited of a customizing list but still it a start like for hmm fan made DBZ story

No don't get me wrong, like I said it's a good game, it was just a huge let down for me personally, I just expected so much more.

The character creation was fantastic, as you said though it was limited, add that feature to a Budokai or Tenkaichi styled game and I'll be happy.

Edited by RuukuSukotto

No don't get me wrong, like I said it's a good game, it was just a huge let down for me personally, I just expected so much more.

The character creation was fantastic, as you said though it was limited, add that feature to a Budokai or Tenkaichi styled game and I'll be happy.

I see someone is a gohan fan ;) lol anywho I don't understand why the older budokai has a bigger fan base then these newer ones sigh and I wouldn't it a fantastic character creation...it a start for a creation kinda wish it was too lol but I would like to know what your favorite part of DBUT

I see someone is a gohan fan ;) lol anywho I don't understand why the older budokai has a bigger fan base then these newer ones sigh and I wouldn't it a fantastic character creation...it a start for a creation kinda wish it was too lol but I would like to know what your favorite part of DBUT

Favourite part?

Hmm, honestly probably the character creation, just because it was something new and different.

• 3 months later...

I've just started playing this game, testing out the Hero Mode first (probably wont finish it off till I clear Story Mode at least). But it's not too bad. I mean sure, some of the mechanics are lost, like preforming an ultimate, and Ki not even being used for super attacks and what have you.

Heck, even the normal punching ordeal is a bit lost in it, cause a simply three hit combo takes you into the guessing game and ugh. Annoying game in terms of gameplay, but it can still be rather fun I think.

It's a sham Pan's not playable in the game from what I know. She was my favourite character on Budokai Tenkachi 2 (as well as SSJ3 Gotenks). I hadn't played number 3 before myself... well only once and that was it... and finding the game is hard O.o

But yeah, the game is alright... I don't hate it right now. But as time goes on, who knows, I may love it, or I may just outright hate it. So far, just neutral on it XD

• 4 months later...

Budokai 3 is still the best. It's simple, and yet has enough systems to keep replaying it. The simplicity in Ultimate Tenkaichi is so disappointingly shallow to having no blocking/evading mechanism, spirit power almost impossible to obtain in a normal match without spamming the same chain move over and over again, and every clash just basically coming down to a match game. Dragon Rush in Budokai 3 was a "match the buttons of your opponent" thing too, but at least there was three chances, and your opponent only had three of the four face button to choose, so when you pulled it off, you felt satisfied. This game's just a piece of junk.

• 1 year later...