So why isn't Budokai 2 there?

Probably because of how universally maligned it is. I personally don't know why it's hated so much as it was my personal favorite of the three. It still doesn't make sense that they would cut it though, i mean the devil may cry HD collection included dmc 2 and that arguably received much more hate than budokai 2 could ever dream of

• 3 weeks later...

well, seeing as how 1 & 3 have a combined trophy list...they are saving it to use as dlc content, not its own standalone game, so you need to own the collection to play it. cuz thats how devs do it these days ::cough cough american mcgee's alice cough cough::. itll add 8-12 trophies to the total list, one of which will be getting the asinine tien/yamcha buu absorption. calling it.

• 2 weeks later...

Devs have said in an interview that they excluded 2 because fans preferred 1 and 3.

I think a real reason is, besides the fusions and minor battle quirks, it doesn't offer you anything that 3 doesn't. It also can't really offer any different trophies either. It would just seem a tad redundant. I think that's why budokai is our only fighting HD collection (although I have fingers crossed for a Soul Calibur collection) because for the most part fighting games don't see big jumps from sequel to sequel.

I wish 2 was in the collection, but I see why it wasn't.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I think its like what one of the uses above said. Budokai 2 doesn't really offer anything that Budokai 3 doesn't already have.

Budokai at least had a unique look and those very nice cutscenes going for it but Budokai 2 is just a lesser version of Budokai 3 with a terrible story mode.

I can see why they left it out though they should have included Infinite World instead.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...