Which Budokai do you Prefer?

Which Budokai do you Prefer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which Budokai do you Prefer?

• Budokai 1
    • Budokai 2
    • Budokai 3
    • Not a Budokai person

Yeah as the series went on the game play was just phenomenal. But the reason I voted one was because of its nostalgia. That was without a doubt the very first fighting game I played on PS2. It's graphics and all are nothing comparable to today's standards but I just liked it. Especially the Special Beam Cannon blood scene. Was just awesome to see as a kid.

I always enjoyed Budokai 3 more than the other 2. I remember spending so many afternoons just grinding the hours by trying to get all the characters unlocked.

I remember enjoying the first game & thinking how innovative it was to finally be playing through the dbz story line. Never really cared for 2 as I hated the graphics & the story/gameboard layout.

I voted for other, more specifically Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, I used to own Budokai 1 but was less then thrilled with it, clunky fighting, NO ORIGINAL JAPANESE VOICES ( sinful ) , and didn't like the '3D' look, smooth textures etc. etc. . DBZBT3 was awesome and still is the best DBZ game I've ever played! 130 characters, cell shading to look like the show, and the option to turn on the original Japanese voices. Had so much fun playing quick pick random team matches, never knowing if its going to be Guldo vs SSJ 3 Goku.

I voted for other, more specifically Dragonball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, I used to own Budokai 1 but was less then thrilled with it, clunky fighting, NO ORIGINAL JAPANESE VOICES ( sinful ) , and didn't like the '3D' look, smooth textures etc. etc. . DBZBT3 was awesome and still is the best DBZ game I've ever played! 130 characters, cell shading to look like the show, and the option to turn on the original Japanese voices. Had so much fun playing quick pick random team matches, never knowing if its going to be Guldo vs SSJ 3 Goku.

Budokai 1 HD is in Japanese.

I like Budokai 3 the best since the original soundtrack is the best for me and my favourite character Broly has an own story mode and the most epic Dragon Ball Finisher for me.

Nevertheless I also love the Budokai Tenkaichi series with its many Dragon Ball, Z and GT characters and a very long story mode.

Edited by Cetra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All budokais have there own good think.

Budokai 1 have the video that appears at every chapter and none of the others have that way of recreate the episode like that game. :D

At first the budokai 2 was my favorite just because of the puzzle way fo doing the story mode. I really like that :), but the only game I couldn't stop playing was budokai 3 that it just a great game.:dance:

I don't think I gonna be thinking the same as others but it just my opinion :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Haven't played 2, but 3 >> 1. Much bigger roster, dragon universe is a lot cooler, and the gameplay is better.

Still, though I know it's not the question, I'll take Raging Blast 1 any day. The added flying in that game makes it a lot cooler and more Dragon Ball. Also love its story mode.

• 7 months later...