Share your Budokai memories

I remember those days when, as a child, I was craving for a Dragon Ball game. The only thing I had in mind was finding the infamous Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout on PS1, which was actually discontinued and impossible to buy (except if you were lucky enough to stumble across an affordable used copy). I know the game kind of sucked, but... Dragon Ball!

Then Budokai came along as a revival of the series, and it felt so exciting! My interest kind of faded away while playing the Budokai 2, but I just might pick this up!

So, what about you? Any juicy nostalgic memories?

• 2 weeks later...

My greatest memory of Budokai is when the series died and we were introduced to the amazing Tenkaichi series...more so BT2 as the first one was meh.

I played all three of these games but really was never a fan. I just don't like the structure of having to press a million buttons to do an attack...in other words I don't like the idea of your skill level being decided on how good you are at QTE's or remembering complex combos. Tenkaichi simplified the controls but made the skill based on your reaction speed and countering skills....making it feel more like a DBZ game then just another fighting game with the DBZ theme. BT3 stands, to this day, as my all time favorite fighting game.

So I won't be buying this game (Why leave out B2 is beyond me)....call me when the originally rumored Tenkaichi HD Collection comes out...as long as it has BT3, Namco can have my money.

I had a pirated copy of Final Bout, damn that game was awesome with friends =P

I never actually played Budokai 1 or 2, I only played 3 and I really loved everything about it. Android 18 was by far the best character, some of the combos you could pull off with her! I'll be getting this day 1.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mh greatest memlry is buyin each budokai game on my bday then spending hours with my mate whose bday was the day before comlleting it. then having first to 20matches with my othdr mate!! So glad this is a hd remake wkth 3 in cos the tenkaiichi (sp) series was shit n so too are all the ps3 ones so far BUZZING!!!

I borrowed Budokai 2 and PS2 from my friend, I liked the game alot, cos I'm a fan of DBZ and Budokai 2 is really amazing game in my opinio.Then one day I got my own PS2 and then I borrowed Budokai 1 from my another friend and I played it for hours and was amazed for it's cutscenes Too bad the HD collection doesn't include Budokai 2...

• 3 weeks later...

I have tons of fond memories with the budokai games. The most prevalent of them being when i was in 10th grade and budokai 2 came out. At my school we had an hour long lunch period in which you were free to wander the campus and one of the biology teachers allowed students to play video games in his class room. It started as only 4 of us playing tekken tag tournament but halfway though the year we ended up having upwards of 30 students playing full tournaments of budokai 2! Of course the budokai games had one of the best tournament modes out there so it was a real treat to utilize that to its fullest and made for great memories

Edited by TheBlackHalo420

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never actually saw any episode of Dragon Ball Z when I first got Budokai, nor had a PS2. However, I saw the commercial for the game and saw a glimpse of burst mode, and I thought that was the coolest freakin' thing ever. On my birthday, I made my dad buy me a PS2 with Budokai being my first game for it. I spent so many hours on that game ~___~ I finally saw DBZ about 5 years after that (after graduating from high school), and it was as awesome as I thought it would be.

I feel like I missed out since I didn't watch it when I was a kid, but better late than never, right? :D

• 4 weeks later...

When I was little girl the only think that my friends I and played when they came over was play all tenkaichis and budokais.

We always have our favorite character luckly we had dierent ones so we didn't argue that much about who was better :D

We also had a rule "if you're gonna win and if you just need one ki blast to finnish him, you can't do it you have to punch him nor eny think fisical."

You could use a power wave but not a ki blast :rolleyes:

so that's the memory hahahaha have fun remembering you childhooid xD

• 3 weeks later...