XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 02-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #1
VB89

Default Ultimate Edition questions

I heard that the UE of this game comes with the DLC on disc, BUT i can only install the DLC ONCE and never again by using a code or something, is this true? If i get this edition i can only use the DLC code once and the other users on my PS3 can never play it? What if i got another PS3 i wouldn't be able to play the DLC again? How does it work?

Also has the RTO dlc issue been fixed?

Are there any glitched trophies?

Do i HAVE to HAVE an EA or Bioware account to play this game at all or install the UE dlc?

Also how much memory will installing the game plus DLC all on my hard drive take up?

Last edited by VB89; 02-26-2011 at 02:29 PM.
VB89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Terminator
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB89 View Post
I heard that the UE of this game comes with the DLC on disc, BUT i can only install the DLC ONCE and never again by using a code or something, is this true? If i get this edition i can only use the DLC code once and the other users on my PS3 can never play it? What if i got another PS3 i wouldn't be able to play the DLC again? How does it work?

Also has the RTO dlc issue been fixed?

Are there any glitched trophies?

Do i HAVE to HAVE an EA or Bioware account to play this game at all or install the UE dlc?

Also how much memory will installing the game plus DLC all on my hard drive take up?

1: I don't know where you got your information on this from but All the current editions of the UE have All the DLCs on the disk so you can install/re-install them at will on any account for any user. The older editions included a one use code and all that meant was, once the code was used no other person could use that code if you were to sell it but the content would be available for all users on your PS3 to use.

2: Unknown

3: Just Blight Queller

4: NO

5: A lot
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 02-26-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
VB89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
1: I don't know where you got your information on this from but All the current editions of the UE have All the DLCs on the disk so you can install/re-install them at will on any account for any user. The older editions included a one use code and all that meant was, once the code was used no other person could use that code if you were to sell it but the content would be available for all users on your PS3 to use.

2: Unknown

3: Just Blight Queller

4: NO

5: A lot
There is where i got the info from - look at the 3rd post
Choose Language | BioWare Social Network

Also, i just want to confirm - I never need to log into EA or bioware EVER right?
Old 02-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
Terminator
Guide Team

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand

Apart from just once to authorise the content, you never have to log into either server.
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS

Last edited by Terminator; 02-26-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Added extra info
Old 02-27-2011, 10:47 AM   #5
KylieDog

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Quote:
I don't know where you get your information but I bough the UE on release and it was on disc, no version has ever come with DLC as codes.

You never need log into EA servers either, not even once "to authorise the content" as you put it. Nobody with an offline PS3 would be able to play it then.

If you're gonna answer questions get it right.

@ OP, I will check space needed for all when I am on PS3 later.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
Terminator
Guide Team

Exclamation

That bit of info must have been for the PC version, The thread the OP linked to was confusing as it mentions both PC and PS3 versions of the game so I made the best of the info I had available.

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Old 02-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #7
VB89

Quote:
That bit of info must have been for the PC version, The thread the OP linked to was confusing as it mentions both PC and PS3 versions of the game so I made the best of the info I had available.
Yeah, thanks guy's

So there is never a REQUIREMENT to log into the EA / bioware severs to 'authorize' the content EVER? or maybe that is only for the PC version of the game, to me it sounds really wrong as why would they sell you a product and then ask you to authorize you got it legitimately lol - so i'll be able to access all the DLC whenever i want on however many PS3's i wish to do so? the only one i won't be able to get is the return to ostagar as they messed up the EU version and to get that DLC i'll need to contact EA customer support right?

Also i wanted to ask, how does the save system on this game work? Is it like Fallout 3 where i can have as many save files as i like and save it whenever i like?
Old 02-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #8
JokerKun890

Send a message via MSN to JokerKun890

Quote:
Originally Posted by VB89 View Post
Yeah, thanks guy's

So there is never a REQUIREMENT to log into the EA / bioware severs to 'authorize' the content EVER? or maybe that is only for the PC version of the game, to me it sounds really wrong as why would they sell you a product and then ask you to authorize you got it legitimately lol - so i'll be able to access all the DLC whenever i want on however many PS3's i wish to do so? the only one i won't be able to get is the return to ostagar as they messed up the EU version and to get that DLC i'll need to contact EA customer support right?

Also i wanted to ask, how does the save system on this game work? Is it like Fallout 3 where i can have as many save files as i like and save it whenever i like?
As long as you're not in a battle you can save whenever you want, and as far as I know, you can use as many save slots as you want. I had 3-4. The game auto-saves for you as well, but I would definitely suggest saving alot on harder difficulties and before big battles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylieDog View Post
I don't know where you get your information but I bough the UE on release and it was on disc, no version has ever come with DLC as codes.
I think by older editions he meant versions that came with redeemable codes, which could only be used once. The first version I bought came with a Blood Armors and Stone Golem DLC code which could only be used once. I also think some of the preorder/limited editions came with one-use codes.

You are correct though, in that all Ultimate Editions come with the DLC on disc and do not use codes. I remember when the rumor was flying around that you needed to use a code to "activate" it - it was debunked in an earlier thread as well.

Last edited by JokerKun890; 02-28-2011 at 11:25 AM.
JokerKun890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #9
KylieDog

Awards Showcase Bronze Submission
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

I checked game data, without RTO the game install + all DLC/expansions is 6.8GB. Based on other DLCs RTO is probably 200-300MB or so.
KylieDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
VB89

Ok, thanks for the help guy's!