The best DLC??

simonp92

The Shale DLC is good (Stone Prisoner I think?), although clearly was made before the game was released. None of the other DLC is really worth the price.. each new release adding less for more. In terms of quality, look at the release date. The later the date, the lower the quality. First it was Stone Prisoner, which was good. Then Warden's Keep or something, which was Ok but short. Then came Return to Ostagar, which was too short and had only 1 memorable scene. Then came Darkspawn Chronicles which didn't even have any dialogue and was just boring and short. Now Leliana's Song, possibly the most overpriced for the 30 minutes of content it adds.

i enjoyed al.

but i playing lelianes song now and its the best dlc i played so far. awakening is fun too (i played 30 minutes awakening before) but i cant judge about it because i think i need to play it out first. darkspawn cronicles i also have to play. i playing now al dlc for 100 procent (just got plat toyesterday)

i think if you want good dlc you should choose lelianse song or awakening. but awakening is very expensive

but most usefull dlc (not most fun most usefull) in my opinion is shale dlc (it was free btw ans shale is very very good to have in your party. only 1 who is even strong as shale is wynne with her healing magic) and dlc where you get a chest where you can store everything. (damn i forgot name) its the dlc where you get a drink trophie and a trophie for playing it out

IF you force me to choose a dlc that is worst (but i enjoy al) i agree with above poster who says dragon blood armor. but again its free why dont download it then? (if you have to pay for dragon blood armour i shouldnt buy it). oh yeah i forgot feastday and pranks i shouldnt buy also. i got it for free because i european. but its really not worth 4 pounds. feastday and pranks is very usefull for date trophies. (i got 3 date trophies in 10 minutes for giving my partners feastday gifts)

edit: can you make a poll? that people actually can vote?

Edited by Hogger

i enjoyed al.

but i playing lelianes song now and its the best dlc i played so far. awakening is fun too (i played 30 minutes awakening before) but i cant judge about it because i think i need to play it out first. darkspawn cronicles i also have to play. i playing now al dlc for 100 procent (just got plat toyesterday)

i think if you want good dlc you should choose lelianse song or awakening. but awakening is very expensive

but most usefull dlc (not most fun most usefull) in my opinion is shale dlc (it was free btw ans shale is very very good to have in your party. only 1 who is even strong as shale is wynne with her healing magic) and dlc where you get a chest where you can store everything. (damn i forgot name) its the dlc where you get a drink trophie and a trophie for playing it out

IF you force me to choose a dlc that is worst (but i enjoy al) i agree with above poster who says dragon blood armor. but again its free why dont download it then? (if you have to pay for dragon blood armour i shouldnt buy it). oh yeah i forgot feastday and pranks i shouldnt buy also. i got it for free because i european. but its really not worth 4 pounds. feastday and pranks is very usefull for date trophies. (i got 3 date trophies in 10 minutes for giving my partners feastday gifts)

edit: can you make a poll? that people actually can vote?

The DLC that u get the chest in is called wardens keep and i would say that one is best because of the chest it helped me alot, as for the worst i would say blood dragon armor aswell

Eh, I forgot about the Feastday Gifts and Pranks. True, no trophies for that. As the above poster stated, you get trophies for all story DLC, and none for DLC that adds only items. In other words:

Stone Prisoner

Warden's Keep

Return to Ostagar

Darkspawn Chronicles

Leliana's Song

all add trophies, as does Awakening.

i liked Darkspawn Chronicles most because:

a) of seeing the 'evil' viewpoint

b) was the most challenging, had some trouble beating Sten (or whatever his name was) at the gates

and c) i always knew there was something wrong with Wade the blacksmith and his assistant (this being confirmed in the Darkspawn DLC)

Lelianas song totally boring some overly easy fights, some blabla, adds nothing to the main plot concerning the Blight, Grey Wardens or Darkspawn

Edited by alberick

Warden;s keep I thought was the most entertaining, if a little short. Nice piece of equipment (once you took the meteorite shard back to the blacksmith there), plus you had a chest to store stuff in. Otherwise wasn't that fussed for the rest of it. Shale simply dragged out what was already a quite long (and to me, a bit boring) section in Ostagar - I wanted to get out of the tunnels quicker than it took.

Can't comment on awakening - far too expensive to fork out for a dlc, and had already sold copy of game before Leliana's song came out.

I'm not counting The Awakening because it was also sold as retail.

As far as enjoyment, my favorite is Leliana's Song just because it gave a lot of great back story to her.

As far as usefulness, it's hard to say...

Stone Prisoner is great because Shale is a beast of a fighter and a good tank. Also, she's a hilarious to listen to, especially when talking with other party members. There is some fairly decent equipment you can acquire through the quests in this DLC as well

Warden's Keep is good because it gives you access to some pretty useful stuff: the Warden Commander armor, the warden skills, Starfang, but most importantly the storage chest.. which was a godsend for packrats like me :p

Return to Ostagar also has a decent set of armor and in my opinion, some of the best swords in the game. Duncan's sword and Maric's Blade are beasts vs. Darkspawn. I used both of these on my DW warrior throughout the entire Awakening expansion. This DLC also brings a little closure to the massacre at Ostagar. Note: Equipment from RtO is the only DLC equipment that will carry over to the Awakening expansion. Any gear you get from the other two DLC packs will vanish.

Probably my least favorite is the Darkspawn Chronicles. It has no effect on the main game other than a sword you unlock. It's actually a standalone campaign where you are pretty much just replaying the siege of Denerim, but on the side of the Darkspawn.

The Wardens keep sounds like the best, I will most probably buy that once I have finished with the main game.

@gforce. Awakenings was sold as retail? do you mean like a goty edition with dragon age: origins and Awakenings on the same disc? Just curious because I checked for anything like that before I bought origins.

DA: A is sold in US as Retail, in EU, nope. And no, there is no GOTY or "Complete" edition that features any of the DLCs.