XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 06-18-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
spratters53

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Default People having trouble with Blight-queller READ THIS

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS .

If you have a question regarding something in this post please be specific with what you need help with. Any help from other members is very greatly appreciated as i havent played the game in a while. i still have a basic knowledge but may not know about recent patches, fixes etc except from what i have heard from other people.

Wish to sign up to the forum due to help from me or this guide? click here

Now onto the guide:
Context:
when going for blight-queller (and others) it only counts for one playthrough. so all 1000 kills need to be made in that playthrough.
i believe it was different before the patch and what you say in the guide is only relevent before that patch.

also this means that people who played without the patch and then downloaded that patch have two different kill counters.
one is for previous to the patch and they get, say 700 kills. then they download the patch

now the darkspawn kills only count for one playthrough and all of the darkspawn kills made on the previous patch become irrelevent, the game wont count them. this explains why people have been able to delete the patch, kill 300 or so darkspawn and then the trophy pops.

How to fix the glitch:
if you began playing the game without a patch then delete the game save data and play on from there, that will make your game count all kills across all playthroughs.

if you started playing with a patch then you have to get all 1000 kills on one character, and i think solely as the player character, however im not sure about that.

easiest way to do this that i found is get your mage playthrough character and make sure you have at least one of the area effect spells (tempest, blizzard, death cloud, inferno). Then go to the elven alienage at the end of the game (during the final onslaught) and spam that spell over and over as it will kill any of the grunts that run into it, guaranteeing you at least 50 kills per run. Its easy and fast taking 5 mins at the most. Then save or dont save (i tried both, it makes no difference) and reload a save by the tree in the middle. Best make a hard save before entering the area though as well as the autosave.

Installing the DLC in the middle of the game also resets the kill counter, I would advise you not to risk it and therefore either install the DLC before you start playing, or after you have all 3 kill counter trophies.

I hope this helps everyone who has been having problems

another location to grind kills (thanks to delaney for finding it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delaney74 View Post
FYI for all you warriors out there. The Redcliffe final battle is a great place to grind. Not all of us have AOE spells . 33 darkspawns and only 2 ogres. The rest are a breeze. It's a convenient way to count your kills too. 3 runs = 100 kills (give or take).
this trophy can be unlocked in the awakening DLC as well

here is a specific location near the end of the game that can be ground at (credit to rickz)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickz View Post
In the quest where you save the Keep instead of Amarantine i went to the front gate alone (partners hold position at the start) somehow the front gate has infinite darkspawns spawn when you are alone.
(it worked for me i found it totally by mistake)
My character is a Warrior so i just press over and over again

After 30 minutes i got Master Warden and after 2h30 i finally got Blight Queller and platinum.
It took 3 hours, sounds like a pain but if you are like me and don't have your final onslaught save to use spratters53 method, it is better than replay 40 hours of game for that trophy, i was carying the controller with me in the house doing other things and the character even lvl up to 33
Hope this will help other people
Rick

Last edited by spratters53; 09-13-2011 at 04:41 PM.
spratters53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
Eunhoon

then save or dont save (i tried both, it makes no difference)

lol, Cute~
btw thanks for the advice.

*Currently Under Going Trophies Hunt* For

Add me to your Friends List?
PSN: PaRkEunHoon

Current 19 Platinums
Eunhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #3
archchimaira

thank you very much. this worked like a charm. kudos to you sir.

archchimaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:23 AM   #4
spratters53

Awards Showcase The Silver Lining   2,500 Posts   Community Gaming Event Bronze   Helping Hand

hey, no problem. i thought i'd better post what i found out after searching for hours tying to find what exactly was wrong, ive also told olsen but hes busy with E3

Last edited by spratters53; 06-19-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Terminator
Guide Team Lead

Awards Showcase Terminator's ''Journey to Salvation''   Gold  Road Map Submitter   Word of Mouth - Bronze   Community Gaming Event Gold   Maximum Clubs Top 5   25,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Silver Submission   PS3T's 5th Birthday Game Night Series   Gold Trophy Guide Submitter   Staff - Guide Team   Helping Hand
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)

Don't forget that the mods and admins are extremely busy at the moment with E3 and the Trophy awards so cut them some slack. I'm sure all the Road Maps and Guides will be updated soon .
I DON'T Save File/Account Share/Sell any part of my account nor do Trophies for people. If you wish to play with me then do not use hacked characters, items, servers or lobbies as I run a clean game. No blank Friend Requests please as they will be deleted.

Credit to prozendaal for the Legofied avatar.

Want to write a Guide and/or Guide Supplement? Then see the threads here: Guide Central. Guide co-op partners can be found here: Collaboration group

MY MAINTAINED THREADS
Terminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
spratters53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Don't forget that the mods and admins are extremely busy at the moment with E3 and the Trophy awards so cut them some slack. I'm sure all the Road Maps and Guides will be updated soon .
yeah ok i forgot about that, i suppose olsen will get onto it as soon as he can. atleast theres this thread to help those that need it
Old 06-19-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
olsen77

Awards Showcase Tuff's Muff Licker List   Olsen's Bullet Hell   THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List   Word of Mouth - Platinum   THL Season 4 - Big Ol' Pile of Platinums   Almost Golden   15,000 Posts   Guide Supplement Bronze   Platinum Road Map Submitter   THL Season 1 - Close But No Cigar   Community Gaming Event Platinum   Call of Duty 4 Birthday
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spratters53 View Post
hey, no problem. i thought i'd better post what i found out after searching for hours tying to find what exactly was wrong, ive also told olsen but he seems not to care enough to put it in his guide, or atleast a link or something
Uh, dude. I got back from E3 a few days ago. I've had numerous things to catch up on ever since. I haven't even finished the articles and previews I have to write from E3. So please, cut me a bit of slack. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

olsen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #8
spratters53

ive fixed it now, sorry about that olsen
Old 06-23-2010, 11:21 AM   #9
Eunhoon

I'm gonna try out this way with the patch on. Hmm so all I have to do is keep on killing the darkspawn at Elven alienage and after all that is over I just reload the previous Save at the Huge Tree and fight all over? I'm doing this right way right?

*Currently Under Going Trophies Hunt* For

Add me to your Friends List?
PSN: PaRkEunHoon

Current 19 Platinums

Last edited by Eunhoon; 06-23-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Eunhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
spratters53

yeah i think so assuming dave is supposed to be save and train is tree ...
just manually save the game by the tree at the center of the alienage after talking to shianni (something like that) where she requests your help. blast through the darkspawn and then reload once it says "quest updated". try to use your mage character as the mage can make a large spell radius that kills any grunts or normal enemies that run into it which is atleast 40 of the 50 enemies there.

Tags