People having trouble with Blight-queller READ THIS

spratters53

READ THIS BEFORE POSTING ANY QUESTIONS .

If you have a question regarding something in this post please be specific with what you need help with. Any help from other members is very greatly appreciated as i havent played the game in a while. i still have a basic knowledge but may not know about recent patches, fixes etc except from what i have heard from other people.

Wish to sign up to the forum due to help from me or this guide? click here

Now onto the guide:

Context:

when going for blight-queller (and others) it only counts for one playthrough. so all 1000 kills need to be made in that playthrough.

i believe it was different before the patch and what you say in the guide is only relevent before that patch.

also this means that people who played without the patch and then downloaded that patch have two different kill counters.

one is for previous to the patch and they get, say 700 kills. then they download the patch

now the darkspawn kills only count for one playthrough and all of the darkspawn kills made on the previous patch become irrelevent, the game wont count them. this explains why people have been able to delete the patch, kill 300 or so darkspawn and then the trophy pops.

How to fix the glitch:

if you began playing the game without a patch then delete the game save data and play on from there, that will make your game count all kills across all playthroughs.

if you started playing with a patch then you have to get all 1000 kills on one character, and i think solely as the player character, however im not sure about that.

easiest way to do this that i found is get your mage playthrough character and make sure you have at least one of the area effect spells (tempest, blizzard, death cloud, inferno). Then go to the elven alienage at the end of the game (during the final onslaught) and spam that spell over and over as it will kill any of the grunts that run into it, guaranteeing you at least 50 kills per run. Its easy and fast taking 5 mins at the most. Then save or dont save (i tried both, it makes no difference) and reload a save by the tree in the middle. Best make a hard save before entering the area though as well as the autosave.

Installing the DLC in the middle of the game also resets the kill counter, I would advise you not to risk it and therefore either install the DLC before you start playing, or after you have all 3 kill counter trophies.

I hope this helps everyone who has been having problems

another location to grind kills (thanks to delaney for finding it)

FYI for all you warriors out there. The Redcliffe final battle is a great place to grind. Not all of us have AOE spells :). 33 darkspawns and only 2 ogres. The rest are a breeze. It's a convenient way to count your kills too. 3 runs = 100 kills (give or take).

this trophy can be unlocked in the awakening DLC as well

here is a specific location near the end of the game that can be ground at (credit to rickz)

In the quest where you save the Keep instead of Amarantine i went to the front gate alone (partners hold position at the start) somehow the front gate has infinite darkspawns spawn when you are alone.

(it worked for me i found it totally by mistake)

My character is a Warrior so i just press :cross: over and over again

After 30 minutes i got Master Warden and after 2h30 i finally got Blight Queller and platinum.

It took 3 hours, sounds like a pain but if you are like me and don't have your final onslaught save to use spratters53 method, it is better than replay 40 hours of game for that trophy, i was carying the controller with me in the house doing other things and the character even lvl up to 33 ;)

Hope this will help other people

Rick

Edited by spratters53

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget that the mods and admins are extremely busy at the moment with E3 and the Trophy awards so cut them some slack. I'm sure all the Road Maps and Guides will be updated soon :).

yeah ok i forgot about that, i suppose olsen will get onto it as soon as he can. atleast theres this thread to help those that need it :p

hey, no problem. i thought i'd better post what i found out after searching for hours tying to find what exactly was wrong, ive also told olsen but he seems not to care enough to put it in his guide, or atleast a link or something :(

Uh, dude. I got back from E3 a few days ago. I've had numerous things to catch up on ever since. I haven't even finished the articles and previews I have to write from E3. So please, cut me a bit of slack. I'll get to it as soon as I can.

I'm gonna try out this way with the patch on. Hmm so all I have to do is keep on killing the darkspawn at Elven alienage and after all that is over I just reload the previous Save at the Huge Tree and fight all over? I'm doing this right way right? :)

Edited by Eunhoon

yeah i think so assuming dave is supposed to be save and train is tree ...

just manually save the game by the tree at the center of the alienage after talking to shianni (something like that) where she requests your help. blast through the darkspawn and then reload once it says "quest updated". try to use your mage character as the mage can make a large spell radius that kills any grunts or normal enemies that run into it which is atleast 40 of the 50 enemies there.

I will also post a confirmation when I get it (I started playing with the patch on). Also is there any way of checking how many I've killed at any given time? The stats only seem to give me a collective answer; not an individual kill count per player.

Edit:

Confirmed. (Played with patch, followed your advice, got the trophy. Thanks.)

Edited by cjt417

no there isnt, other than guessing how many youve killed since the last trophy unlocked. if you do it my way though then it doesnt matter, just kill till you get the trophy. you'll probably end up grinding anyway as there are very few darkspawn actually present in the game. i believe theres only about 1200 darkspawn in the main game but respawning does keep a tally of how many kills before you died.

If you die, then reload.

Do you think the kills you got are counted?

Also, the counter found in the "Heroic Accomplishments" tab, should also reset itself everytime you reload, right?

Edited by galvino-
(added another Q)

like spratters said this trophy is related to the number of darkspawn kills your player controlled character gets, not the group total kills, as stated in other threads and it has nothing to do with faulty patches or dlc, i got the 100 dark spawn kills in my first playthrough before i even finished ostagar, then by the end of my second playthrough i got nothing and was worried, great tip i found, hold l2 down, select advanced and hold position, your group will stay put while you can go forward and get your kills, if you get into trouble do the same thing again and your group should come running, where ever you are in the game, farm this in the first tower mission in ostagar, deep roads or in the final mission, re use your save files across any playthrough and re load them over again

i got this 'mo fo' of a trophy last night :applause:

Edited by rosamunde