Can't Get 1000 Darkspawn Kills

j4stringthang

I have 1,100 (PC) Kills (I counted after receiving the 500 Kill trophy).

Is there a way to get this WITHOUT deleting saved data?

I have 100% the game, and a save point at the end of Awakings.

I a re-loading that and killing about 100 Darkspawn and saving.

Then re-loading and repeating... Multiple times. I should be well over 1,000.

My counter starts at 990...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this trophy is worring me too. I got my 100 Darkspawn kills trophy when I killed over 300 LoL.

By now, I've already killed around 900 with all my playthroughs, and I still miss the 500 Darkspawn kills trophy.

I've read something about trying to get it without the patch installed, but I suppose you'll have to start over again as you won't be able enter at your save data if there's some DL content on them LoL.

Since this is all I have left for platinum, I started over. Offline and doing all kills myself. Wish me luck.

http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/j4/s/J4stringthang/card.png

Platinums (9): WWE Legends, Madden 10, NCAA 10, NHL 10, NBA Live 10, MLB 2k9, Burnout Paradise, GOW 1, and sadly Hasbro Family Game Night.

-Always looking for new boost partners! (Smarter NOT Harder)

Just delete the game data file and play offline without patch and DLC, works fine for me.

Do the origin story (Dwarf noble or Darlish Elf) and finish Ostagar should be the quickest way. After you get both 500 and 1000 kills trophies, just reinstall everything and continue with your current character.

that's the most sensible suggestion I've heard about working around glitched darkspawn kill trophies :applause:

I've read so many complaint threads about it, and most of the poor folks with glitched trophies seem to have the patch and/or DLC installed. so yeah, it makes perfect sense to play it offline.

Just delete the game data file and play offline without patch and DLC, works fine for me.

Do the origin story (Dwarf noble or Darlish Elf) and finish Ostagar should be the quickest way. After you get both 500 and 1000 kills trophies, just reinstall everything and continue with your current character.

Im playing on a ps3 and dont really want to erase anything. Im afraid I will mess something up. Anyways, I turned off the Playstation Network and started fresh character offline. Will that work for me? thanks

Im playing on a ps3 and dont really want to erase anything. Im afraid I will mess something up. Anyways, I turned off the Playstation Network and started fresh character offline. Will that work for me? thanks

unfortunately once the patch and/or DLC is installed, being offline won't change anything, because the game's been altered. you really need to delete the game data - that's the only way to restore the game to its original way without all the glitchy issues.

just get a USB memory stick, and copy your savegame and character date onto it. delete the game data, copy everything back onto the PS3, and continue playing the game offline.... make sure you say "no" when you start the game and it tries to offer you the patch

unfortunately once the patch and/or DLC is installed, being offline won't change anything, because the game's been altered. you really need to delete the game data - that's the only way to restore the game to its original way without all the glitchy issues.

just get a USB memory stick, and copy your savegame and character date onto it. delete the game data, copy everything back onto the PS3, and continue playing the game offline.... make sure you say "no" when you start the game and it tries to offer you the patch

I think it is not possible to copy DA:O save.

Anyway, you only have to delete the game data. Just leave the save data in the PS3 and create a character to get the trophies.

I have no way to prove this but I am quite sure after everything I've read and seen for myself. This trophy is not glitched, it is just misleading. You can look at your stats and see Darkspawn kills 2000 and still not have the Master Warden or Blight-Queller. That is because the game reads every darkspawn kill in the game in total without a breakdown of each char. The trophy itself only counts (Player-created, Player Controlled) kill hits. If any other member of your team gets the kill shot it dont work to the trophy count. I got Platinum and I did not delete anything or keep restarting chars.

For people who do not have the trophy yet, here is my quick way to get it.

***Possible Spoilers***

Once you are at end game and you have to defend Denerim, head to the Elvin Alienage ALONE (No one in your party but you) and make a game save. Now fight all the darkspawn here until they stop coming, then do the same for the Palace area. Once both are cleared out just load that save game again and kill the two areas again. For the average player this should only take about 3 times to get the trophy. Myself I needed like 5 because I played most of the game as the dog and let the AI use my char (which don't count). Each run should get you about 200 Kills (rough estimate).

For people who disagree and think this don't work, try it for yourself first. if you dont get it within 6 runs, I'll believe I may be wrong.

Good Luck Guys

I believe that the problem is people who dont get enough kill shots. The guide says that any member of your party can get the kill and go towards the trophy, i think this is wrong. the guide is a great job and a lot of good info but I think this one topic is wrong based on everything i've heard and getting it myself.

Besides, how many games can you get trophies in by just letting your AI do all the work for you while you could just sit and watch?

I believe that the problem is people who dont get enough kill shots. The guide says that any member of your party can get the kill and go towards the trophy, i think this is wrong. the guide is a great job and a lot of good info but I think this one topic is wrong based on everything i've heard and getting it myself.

Besides, how many games can you get trophies in by just letting your AI do all the work for you while you could just sit and watch?

Yeah, i think you're right.

I'll have to give it a try tonight when I get home, I just finished awakening myself, but my main was a healer, so I am not to totally sure. My 2nd character now is a rogue, so I usually kill alot of them by myself. Worst case I'll go through an endless assault at the end of the game by myself again just poaching kills. Do you know if it counts the ones from awakening?

Do you know if it counts the ones from awakening?

I do not know that but I would assume that it dont in the idea that Awakening is not an add-on but an expansion instead. There is a chance that it could but I would not think so.

how can you find out how many Darkspawn you killed and or how much by each character ?

You can find out how many darkspawn your party has killed in the "heroic accomplishments" menu. This menu can be accessed at any time - you just need to search through your menus (there are a lot of them - I'm not sure why people say it's only visible at a load screen).

I am with everyone else. There are some weird trophies in this game, but this one was straightforward, and I don't think it's glitched in the least.

you can get to it by pressing select, then go into your notebook and arrow over to the right. its the one right before the dlc info. that would make it the second from the right. all the stats are there.

Except it doesn't tell you how many darkspawn your individual members have killed. It only gives you the party count.

You can find out how many darkspawn your party has killed in the "heroic accomplishments" menu. This menu can be accessed at any time - you just need to search through your menus (there are a lot of them - I'm not sure why people say it's only visible at a load screen).

I am with everyone else. There are some weird trophies in this game, but this one was straightforward, and I don't think it's glitched in the least.

also AKA-FAST-1

thanks for help but as sinceri1y said it doesn't show how many Darkspawn each person killed only how many kills each person got but it isn't darkspawn or Bandit or other type of enemies specified.

The only time it shows you how many kills was received is in the party menu i just completed the game and it shows here my party killed 783 Darkspawn but yet i got no trophy as for ( just kills part ) my main character got 859 kills no where in these numbers i got the 500 Dark Spawn kills

if i have to restart over ... i'm going to be quite furious as now i have to delete Saves and get rid of the update as if i was playing again for the first time start too finish ( tho i have to get other characters up too level 20 ) i just wish i could have continues the number to make it higher but it seems i have to start on 0 again

also AKA-FAST-1

thanks for help but as sinceri1y said it doesn't show how many Darkspawn each person killed only how many kills each person got but it isn't darkspawn or Bandit or other type of enemies specified.

The only time it shows you how many kills was received is in the party menu i just completed the game and it shows here my party killed 783 Darkspawn but yet i got no trophy as for ( just kills part ) my main character got 859 kills no where in these numbers i got the 500 Dark Spawn kills

if i have to restart over ... i'm going to be quite furious as now i have to delete Saves and get rid of the update as if i was playing again for the first time start too finish ( tho i have to get other characters up too level 20 ) i just wish i could have continues the number to make it higher but it seems i have to start on 0 again

ok my bad that stat is not there. but dont delete saves just play your next character those kills carry over to you other playthroughs.

Jeez, am I the only one who didnt have issues? I got that trophy like 20 minutes into my second character, I had ~ 800 the first play through. I was surprised to see they carried over. Kinda feel bad for the guys who have trouble:(

It seems that a lot of people were saying that your own player-created character had to get the kill for it to count, but I tested this, and I really didn't like what I found. On a different account, I started an 18 elf mage in Awakening. I didn't kill anything ; I just stayed back and healed. As soon as we got to 97 darkspawn kills, the 1st trophy popped up, for "100 darkspawn kills". Apparently you don't need to kill them personally, but I don't trust these trophies at all, they've been so inconsistent, I have at least 3k+ party kills on my main, and don't forget, I got that trophy when I was fully patched and online. Either way I'm playing offline without updates and DLC.