Rate the trophy difficulty...  

469 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

diff_plat_55.png 

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.45

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Viper

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's too bad that they don't have a beat on Nightmare trophy... Then the rating of this would be higher. Not that I wont be playing it on Nightmare...but this game on easy would probably be quite speedy. I'd guess a two-ish, but I'll wait until I have them all.

Yeah you should probably do that before rating a game, always helps. This game is nowhere near a two, does length alone just not count anymore or what? You'll have to do at least two full games, with one of them doing the majority of quests for the traveler trophy.

A 2 is just insulting, this is at the minimum at 6 for time alone.

Yeah you should probably do that before rating a game, always helps. This game is nowhere near a two, does length alone just not count anymore or what? You'll have to do at least two full games, with one of them doing the majority of quests for the traveler trophy.

A 2 is just insulting, this is at the minimum at 6 for time alone.

3. Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult. "Warhawk" is time consuming and difficult. "Resistance 2" is time consuming, but not difficult at all.

:)

I went 7. Leveling a character to 20 is going to take a bit of time, and with each origin story being around 2 hours that's another 12.

So roughly, 12 hours to bang out each origin, another chunk of time leveling up each class to 20, I think a 7 is fair. It's not impossible, but people need to grasp that this isn't something to rent over the weekend and expect to cough up a plat.

It takes time - but its a different amount of time than say a multiplayer trophy. On easy, I suspect one doesn't have to even strategize or micromanage beyond the gambits. The game offers no "Resistance Over Time". A multiplayer trophy, or completing a game on hard means that the game will be resisting your attempts at plat. Technically this does not.

That's why it would have been awesome to have had a goldie for beating it on nightmare. Would have totally kicked this up a few notches in difficulty.

I went 7. Leveling a character to 20 is going to take a bit of time, and with each origin story being around 2 hours that's another 12.

So roughly, 12 hours to bang out each origin, another chunk of time leveling up each class to 20, I think a 7 is fair. It's not impossible, but people need to grasp that this isn't something to rent over the weekend and expect to cough up a plat.

Are you crazy? If you grind out the origin stories they only take around 15 mins a piece.

Also, I think more people need to read the beginning post to this thread, as one person even quoted it, yet nobody seems to get it.

This is about "Difficulty" not time you have to put into it. Time you have to put into has nothing to do with difficulty, therefore, you don't give it a higher rating simply because it takes a long time. The game is a 3 at the most when considered in that light. There's nothing in it that is difficult in even the slightest bit. Initiating the romance just takes certain dialogue options, doing 250 dmg in one hit just takes a strong character with some key buffs, while getting traveler is just a matter of patience and thoroughness with initiated side quests.

Edited by jwzabriskie

This is about "Difficulty" not time you have to put into it. Time you have to put into has nothing to do with difficulty, therefore, you don't give it a higher rating simply because it takes a long time.

Actually, "difficulty" is in the eye of the beholder. People tend to forget that on these boards (no offense to you - I've just had this conversation with one of the posters here too often to count). :D

What if I find it "difficult to find the time to play this game"?

I gave it a 1. If your interest is purely trophies, put the setting on casual, control the healer and you never have to pause the game. You would have to read dialogue options once and then hit the square button an awful lot for your next 2 characters to speed it up. Or turn on subtitles, hit square the whole game and read fast.

Entertainment is probably an 8. I played the first time through on normal and the 2nd on nightmare. I am almost done with nightmare and the only hard boss was brood mother, but thats just cause I was hording gold and did not potion stock.

Also, tip for people that want to play faster. Take 10 minutes and set up the tactics for each of your characters. If done well, you can have the enjoyment of playing your main and you can get through most nightmare encounters without having to pause.

I am disappointed that they did not have a gold trophy for nightmare. It is nice having a small reward for choosing to challenge the game on its hardest level. Even if it is a digital pic to prove to your friends that you have way to much free time!

I really don't understand how you guys can rate this with a 1-7 and defend it by saying "lots of time does not equal difficult". By that thought, nothing is difficult. Take Killzone 2, many will agree that it's extremely difficult to get all the trophies there. And yet it can be done in under 30 hours total. Dragon Age takes 100 hours+. So because you're not sweating every second of it, it's not hard? I think it should be based on time spent. I personally think it's a lot harder to convince yourself to play through a game 3 times and complete it , spending more than 100 hours, than dying 500 times in an 8 hour lasting campaign. Because after 8 hours, it's over, whereas the guy playing Dragon Age still has 92 hours to go.

What makes something difficult if not time? Demon's Souls is considered difficult. But the only reason it's difficult is because it costs a lot of time to complete. It has nothing to do with constant threat of death. Why not? Because it would not be considered difficult at all if the difficulty of the game was the same, but the length was reduced to 10 hours. To me it just seems a bit random to give this game a 3/10 or anywhere around that mark. For time alone it's at least a 7.

I voted 9/10.

Edited by Theratis

I really don't understand how you think long games make it difficult.

So if there was a game where you only had to press one button to progress though the whole game, but the game lasted for like 100+ hours, would you rate it 9/10? or a 10/10 because its difficult because of how long it lasts? Even though it takes no skill whatsoever or brain power to get through the game?

Instead of a game where it may last like a few hours but its a game where your constantly dying and have to try like 20 times or more to get through one level or area. Where as you actually have to think about what your doing in order to advance? Would you rate that a 5/10 or lower since the game isn't very long?

Disclaimer: I have NOT gotten the platinum yet. However, I will be getting them on this playthrough, most likely in the next week or so.

I would rate this game a 3, based solely on the time investment necessary to get the platinum. It essentially requires 3 full playthroughs, as you're damn close to the end of the game anyway by the time you reach level 20.

Time investment doesn't always equal increased difficulty, but I think it should at least factor into how you vote. 100+ hours is an awful lot of time to invest.

The only difficult trophy is Traveller, and that's because it's so easily missable if you lock yourself out of certain side missions. Other than that, the rest of the trophies are a complete cakewalk.

I rate this game a 3 based almost entirely on the time involvement. If it weren't for that, the game would be an easy 1.

That being said, the game is awesome. My only gripe is for a game called Dragon Age, there are only 3 major dragons (and only a sprinkling of smaller dragons/drakes. I think I came across less than 10 total.)

I really don't understand how you think long games make it difficult.

So if there was a game where you only had to press one button to progress though the whole game, but the game lasted for like 100+ hours, would you rate it 9/10? or a 10/10 because its difficult because of how long it lasts? Even though it takes no skill whatsoever or brain power to get through the game?

Instead of a game where it may last like a few hours but its a game where your constantly dying and have to try like 20 times or more to get through one level or area. Where as you actually have to think about what your doing in order to advance? Would you rate that a 5/10 or lower since the game isn't very long?

But is constantly dying really making it difficult? Frustrating, yes. Difficult at that time, yes. But at the end of the day, it's done, and you have your trophy. The person mashing a button for 100 hours is still going (exaggerating a bit, obviously its more than mashing a button, but that doesn't matter).

The thing is, it's all measured in time. When you buy a game and set out to get platinum, only one thing is certain: You WILL get the Platinum trophy. The only question is how long it will take. Does it matter if it's 10 hours of pressing one button, or 10 hours of constantly dying? To me, no. Because when it's over, it's over. So I do think that difficulty equals length.

But even if you disagree with me and don't think that, how can anyone rate this with a 1? What are we comparing it to here? Just seems bizarre that people are rating an 80+ hour game to get Platinum so low. I have a lot more respect for people that get a platinum trophy for Dragon Age, than say those that do for Terminator Salvation, and that game is harder difficulty wise.

Edited by Theratis

I'm over half way with my 2nd playthrough done and more then likely I won't give this game anything higher then a 5 and thats pushing it. All this game is, is time consuming. None of the trophies are hard to get at all. It's an easy platinum. I will probably end up giving this game a 4.

Just because it takes a lot of time doesn't make it difficult. In the end the game is easy and it just takes time. Which eventually if everyone wanted the platinum they would be able to get it. With some games though, it may be a lot shorter then other games, but the trophies and maybe if they have difficulty trophies, might prove to hard for them to actually get themselves. That would rate it higher because not everyone would be able to get the platinum for that particular game.

Edited by PainOfDemise

ok, i'm confused.

can you save at certain points, and then re-load to get the stories done with out having to playthrough so many times?

if so isn't that really cutting the time down ?

Technically, you could, but it wouldn't save you any time. In fact, it would make going platinum take longer.

You have to get to level 20 with your main character once as a mage, once as a warrior, and once as a rogue. And by the time you're at level 20, you're about 98% of the way through the game anyway. Which basically means you've gotta do 3 full playthroughs one way or the other.

So basically, there's no real reason to save and re-load, since you'll have to do the same thing two more times anyway in the other playthroughs. In fact, going the "save and reload" route actually makes it take longer to get the platinum, since you'd be doing the same parts 4-5 times instead of just 3.

3. Remember, time consuming does not always equal difficult. "Warhawk" is time consuming and difficult. "Resistance 2" is time consuming, but not difficult at all.

:)

No game is difficult if you put enough practice time in to get really good at it. For that reason, time consuming and difficult are the same thing for me.