Blight Queller - Ultimate Edition question

DarqueDragon

I know this has been asked numerous times, and I tried looking through them, but no one seem to mention what I am about to ask. Two things:

1. Everyone keeps referring to a counter for how many darkspawn you have killed. Where is it? The Heroic Accomplishments section is the only thing I can find with a counter on it, but it only counts total kills (of all enemies), and only for the character you are using, not for all of your characters.

2. Is the trophy still not popping even with the ultimate edition. I have played all origin stories, completed the game once, and am about 84% through a second run, have done all DLC, but have not yet done Awakenings. Any way to tell how far I need to go, and do I still need to erase my game data and play offline to get it? If it helps, Master Warden (500 kills) popped for me just fine quite awhile ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got the same problem. Got Master Warden fine, but not Blight Queller. From what I've read, all 1000 have to be in one playthrough, so you nay have to save before the final battle and reload a few times. Also, post-patch all darkspawn kills have to be with the Warden.

Hey, I know you've seen me post a couple of times before, but just thought I would mention that I was also playing using the Ultimate Edition which I only bought recently so I'm going to assume I also had whatever patches were released that screwed up the kill counters. I didn't erase any game data. I used the Awakening glitch mentioned in the Blight Queller sticky and it did eventually pop, so if you haven't gotten it yet try that!

• 2 years later...
I know this has been asked numerous times, and I tried looking through them, but no one seem to mention what I am about to ask. Two things:

1. Everyone keeps referring to a counter for how many darkspawn you have killed. Where is it? The Heroic Accomplishments section is the only thing I can find with a counter on it, but it only counts total kills (of all enemies), and only for the character you are using, not for all of your characters.

2. Is the trophy still not popping even with the ultimate edition. I have played all origin stories, completed the game once, and am about 84% through a second run, have done all DLC, but have not yet done Awakenings. Any way to tell how far I need to go, and do I still need to erase my game data and play offline to get it? If it helps, Master Warden (500 kills) popped for me just fine quite awhile ago.

1) There is not a counter, it pops when you reach the x amount of Darkspawn kills. Correct your character alone has to kill 1000 Darkspawn.

2) See a lot of people have this similar issue. I got lucky on Xbox, since I knew about this before a friend of mine did. Once you download the DLC, for some reason, the game erases your Darkspawn count. However, if you downloaded the DLC before starting your game, you should be fine. You can get the other 500 kills over different play-throughs, I believe.

• 1 month later...

I think I've been fudged over on this one too.

I got the 100 kills trophy no problem but by the time I got to the Alienage I had 726 kills. Now I've just reloaded 4 times and still no 500 kills trophy and there is no way my party killed so many before this because I always held them back for the Ds encounters.

How can I get around this?

• 7 months later...

What I did for this trophy was do the quests needed to get the tome of the mortal vessel in the forest and grab the one in orzammar then duplicate the hell out of it. Once I had about 10 stacks of 99 tomes, I assigned it to one of the button and spammed it 99 times because after that you are just burning through them for nothing. Once the first set is done and leveled up my health and damage I was able to kill enemies with one hit. So once you do that just play the rest of the game with just the main character. When you reach the final battle and get to the alienage, save by the tree and kill every darkspawn you see all the way to the top of the fort, load the save by the tree, rinse and repeat and should get the 1000 darkspawn kills in no time.

• 2 months later...

God it has been ages since I did this but iirc in the alineage during the battle for denerim there is a place where darkspawn spawn infinitely, just keep killing them till it pops.

I will dig around to confirm.

Results inconclusive, saving and reloading in the alienage seems to be your only choice although I found some people who said Awakening has an area with infinite darkspawn under certain conditions.

Edited by psfanboy123