Supplier Trophy Information

Kheapathic

Section 1 - Introduction

This is an informative guide for all points dealing with the Supplier trophy. I am writing this as having all details would make the guide too lengthy and spread out. First of all there are two methods for obtaining the Supplier trophy. The first one seems to be causing more problems, as people are having a hard time keeping Isabela through the entire game. The other method is using the Black Emporium DLC. The Black Emporium has its own issues to work through, but a Bioware dev has looked into the issue and offers his own insight on how to earn the trophy. Either method will work, I'd advise working towards it with all your characters and using the Black Emporium if Isabela decides to flake out on you.

Section 2.1 - Character Playthrough

There are a number of things you will need, aside from being able to find the resource nodes. You will need to help your companions on their personal quests and be sure to find the resources before leaving the area; most companion quest areas become closed off after completing the quest and leaving the area.

Anders - Have a reasonable standing with him and accept all of his companion quests. You'll need his quests "Dissent" in Act 2 and "Justice" in Act 3 to get all resources.

Fenris - Must be recruited, keep a decent relationship with him and accept his companion quests. His quest "A Bitter Pill" in Act 2 is the only area you will require him to get all resources.

Merrill - Have a reasonable standing with her and accept all of her companion quests. You'll need her quests "Mirror Image" in Act 2 and "A New Path" in Act 3 to get all resources.

There is a glitch in the game where sometimes Merrill will break the mirror before you get the quest "A New Path." If this happens, reload your save and approach her again.

This issue is resolved with Patch 1.01

Isabela - Must be recruited, have a strong friendship with her and accept her companion quests. There are reports that even with a strong friendship, Isabela has flaked and not returned for Act 3; which is when you need her to get Ambrosia. Below is a list of criteria that should earn Isabela's trust and not have her run away.

---A strong friendship mean, get her as friendly as possible. Isabela can and will flake out on you and leave.

---In Act 2 she'll ask what you would do if you found the relic. Tell her you would let her keep it.

---In Act 2 when Aveline approaches you about dealing with the Qunari, Isabela should also be there and ask for your help. Help Isabela before you help Aveline. At the end of the quest Isabela will leave your party.

---In Act 2 when confronting the Arishok, Isabela should come back if you have a high enough friendship with her. Do NOT hand her over to the Arishok.

---In Act 3 if you've managed to keep her, talk to her in The Hanged Man to begin her final quest which will finish at "Castillon's Landing." While at Castillon's Landing, you must find the Ambrosia (north-west room) or lose out on it.

Section 2.2 - Black Emporium DLC

Black Emporium DLC - If you have the Black Emporium, you are able to buy resources you may have missed during the storyline. Keep in mind the Black Emporium will not carry everything you miss, just resources you may have missed during the previous act. So if you're adamant about having every resource type, you will need to keep Isabela all the way to Act 3. A Bioware developer has also looked into the issue and offered this information.

So I did a little investigative research here at the studio to get some info on this trophy. To dispel any speculation you need >=66 Ingredients to get this trophy. As has been stated, the Black Emporium ones count towards this total - my guess is that for some of you, one or more just didn't register properly. My suggestion is to go to Black Emporium, save, and then buy out every ingredient until the trophy fires (if you should have it) and then reload the save.

Hope that helps.

Link: Supplier Trophy Bug

There has also been a follow up to the information as follows.

Update:

(Good?) News! Due to a very helpful user who was able to provide me with some xbox saves I was able to track down the issue with Supplier. Apparently, when buying resources from The Black Emporium, if you EVER buy anything that's in a stack (>1) it will not count properly resulting in your achievement breaking. This includes trying to buy items in a stack 1 at a time. If there is only 1 on the shop, it will work just fine.

Again, the achievement fires when you reach 66 resources. So make sure if you're buying from TBE that you never buy anything that is in a stack. We're working on a solution now that we've pinpointed the problem.

Link: Supplier Trophy Bug

Section 3. Gameplay Tips

Search Everywhere - It doesn't matter if you think you've managed everything, check again. Maybe you'll find a recipe or piece of gear you would've missed out on. Don't leave the area until your map is completely filled out and you're absolutely sure you inspected everything.

Save Your Game - Save often and have multiple saves. There have even been a few reports of people not receiving the trophy even after finding all resources; that is actually finding and not using the Black Emporium. So save your game and keep track of them so you won't have to go through the entire game for something you missed only a few minutes to hours ago.

Special Thanks

-Echidnalexx: For Bioware developer information.

-Toeryn: For followup on Bioware developer information.

Edited by Kheapathic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Node Listings for Supplier

ACT 1

Elfroot

#1: Sundermount – Take the southern fork before the Dalish Camp

#2: Sundermount – Up the mountain at the first fire, check behind a stone slab

#3: Wounded Coast – North path, between the first and second northern forks

#4: Bone Pit - At the far south east

#5: Wounded Coast – Southern path, head west to the dead end.

#6: Sundermount Ambush Site (Quest: The Way it Should be) – Southern path, near the west side.

Quest Info: Complete the quest "A Friend in the Guard" and then talk to Aveline about a potential job. The Sundermount Ambush Site will appear on the map, outside of the city.

Spindleweed

#1: Lowtown – In the small area between the two exits on the east side

#2: Slaver Caverns (Quest: Wayward Son) – At the beginning, left of the mine carts

Quest Info: Talk to Arianni in the Alienage of Lowtown (Day) or Templar Thrask in the Gallows. The Slaver Caverns will open up in the Wounded Coast area.

#3: Wounded Coast – North path and first fork heading north

Embrium

#1: Dead Man’s Pass (Quest: Blackpowder Promise) – On the other side of the map, where the two paths meet

Quest Info: This quest is part of the main story and cannot be missed.

Lyrium

#1: Bone Pit Mines (Quest: The Bone Pit) - In a nook in the first room

Quest Info: Talk to Hubert in Hightown to receive this quest.

#2: Runaway's Cavern (Quest: Act of Mercy) - At the second big room, check the west dead end

Quest Info: You will need to complete the quest "Wayward Son" first. After completing the quest check your writing desk; you should have a letter from Thrask requesting your assistance. Once you accept, the area "Wounded Coast Approach" will appear on your map outside the city.

#3: Deep Roads Expedition - Where you find Sandal, check the south west corner

#4: Deep Roads Expedition - Before the first Ogre, check the north west wall

#5: Tal-Vashoth Cavern (Quest: Black Powder Promise) - In the second big room, narrow east path.

Silverite

#1: Vimmark Mountain Pass (Quest: Shepherding Wolves) - In the dead end, west of the south exit

Quest info: This quest is part of the main story and cannot be missed.

#2: Deep Roads Expedition - Go through the first door, head down the ramp on your right

#3: Tal-Vashoth Cavern (Quest: Black Powder Promise) - In the second big room go up the stairs

#4: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the fire

Orichalcum

#1: Deep Roads Expedition - In the room before the artifact, check the corner where you fought the Shades

Deep Mushroom

#1: Slaver Caverns (Quest: Wayward Son) - In the big room, up the stairs in the back cave

Quest Info: Talk to Arianni in the Alienage of Lowtown (Day) or Templar Thrask in the Gallows. The Slaver Caverns will open up in the Wounded Coast area.

#2: Deep Roads Expedition - In the first room with Darkspawn, go down the ramp on your right

#3: Deep Roads Expedition - In the blue room before Sandal, check the walls

#4: Sundermount - Up the mountain, with the grave stones

#5: Bone Pit Mines (Quest: Bone Pit Mine) - In the third dragon room, on the second tier

Quest Info: To get this quest, talk to Hubert in Hightown.

Deathroot

#1: Dark Town – Far south east room

#2: Disused Passage - Check the eastern north room, past the fire trap.

#3: Sanctuary (Quest: Enemies Among Us) - In the first room, east wall behind a crate

Glitterdust

#1: Wounded Coast - South path, first fork south

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymNI3ohPhPk]YouTube - Dragon Age 2 - Supplier Achievement Trophy Walkthrough [HD] - ACT 1[/ame]

ACT 2

Elfroot

#7: Sundermount – Check the walls south of the Varterral Caves

#8: Wounded Coast – South path and on your left as the path turns west

Spindleweed

#4: Lowtown – In the south east corner, between the exit and Foundry

#5: Gallows Dungeon (Quest: Dissent) - From the entrance head east, check the walls

Quest info: This is a companion quest for Anders.

Embrium

#2: Sundermount – Past the altar, check the right side of the path. It's hidden in some trees

#3: Wounded Coast – Northern path, second north dead end

#4: Wounded Coast – Far South Path, it'll be to your left as the path bends

#5: Holding Caves (Quest: A Bitter Pill) – The path on your right

Quest info: This is a companion quest for Fenris.

Lyrium

#6: Bone Pit Mines (Cave - Quest: Forbidden Knowledge) - Next to the fire

Quest info: This quest is found by either letting Tarohne live in the quest "Enemies Among Us" or finding one of the Cursed Tomes scattered about the world. See Exorcist in the trophy guide for more details.

#7: Bone Pit Mines (Quest: Cave Crawling) - At the entrance, turn right and go up the stairs.

Quest info: You must have completed the quest "The Bone Pit" in Act 1. Go to the Bone Pit and talk to the miners to receive this quest.

#8: Wounded Coast (Dank Cave - Quest: Forbidden Knowledge) - Enter the big room on your right

Quest info: This quest is found by either letting Tarohne live in the quest "Enemies Among Us" or finding one of the Cursed Tomes scattered about the world. See Exorcist in the trophy guide for more details.

Silverite

#5: Sundermount Caverns - Check the small dead end off of the first room

#6: Smuggler's Cut (Quest: Black Powder Courtesy) - Enter the last room, on your right

Orichalcum

#2: Varterral Hunting Ground (Quest: Mirror Image) - At the second spider ambush, check the west side.

Quest info: This is a companion quest for Merrill.

#3: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the exit, check the north

#4: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the exit, go up the stairs

#5: The Killer's Lair (Quest: All That Remains) - In the small passage between the first and second big rooms

Deep Mushroom

#6: Smuggler's Cut (Quest: Black Powder Courtesy) - Past the Wilderness exit, down the stairs on the right

#7: Gallow's Dungeon (Quest: Dissent) - In the room with the Spider ambush, check the north.

#8: Varterral Hunting Ground (Quest: Mirror Image) - After the Varterral, up the stairs to the west.

Deathroot

#4: Dark Town - South of Anders' clinic

#5: Bone Pit - To your right at the entrance of the area

Glitterdust

#2: Sundermount - Past the Dalish Camp, up the mountain near walls

#3: Bone Pit - By the entrance to the east Bone Pit Mines

#4: Varterral Hunting Ground (Quest: Mirror Image) - Right after the second spider ambush, check near a door

#5: Holding Caves (Quest: A Bitter Pill) - At the south end of the east path.

Quest info: This is a companion quest for Fenris.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnr6VD1gU0U]YouTube - Dragon Age 2 - Supplier Achievement Trophy Walkthrough [HD] - ACT 2[/ame]

ACT 3

Elfroot

#9: Wounded Coast - South path and on your left as the path turns west

Spindleweed

#6: Lowtown – Near the stairs of the Foundry

Embrium

#6: Wounded Coast – On the far west end, right outside the exit

Ambrosia

#1: Castillon’s Landing (Quest: No Rest for the Wicked) - Chest in the north west room.

Quest info: This is a companion quest for Isabela.

Lyrium

#9: Sundermount Caverns - In the first room, to your left

Orichalcum

#6: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the exit, check the north

Dragon's Blood

#1: Bone Pit (Quest: Mine Massacre) - Loot the High Dragon's body

Quest info: To get this quest, talk to Hubert in Hightown.

Deep Mushroom

#9: Drakestone Mine (Quest: Justice) - East from the entrance and check the north side

Deathroot

#6: Dark Town - In a corner of the south west area

Glitterdust

#6: Sundermount - Near the top of the mountain, a small southern end just before the top

Felendaris

#1: Sundermount (Pride's End - Quest: A New Path) - Right next to the idol

There is a glitch in the game where sometimes Merrill will break the mirror before you get the quest "A New Path." If this happens, reload your save and approach her again.

This issue is resolved with Patch 1.01

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKoL2YvQVJI]YouTube - Dragon Age 2 - Supplier Achievement Trophy Walkthrough [HD] - ACT 3[/ame]

Edited by Kheapathic

Again if you get everything else and miss the ambrosia, but use the BE to get what you need from there to get the trophy. So 2/3 times I avoided her and 1/3 times I treated her like crap.

So if someone has got everything else but that they can just head to the Emporium.

Edited to include it, but there have been other people saying that they didn't get it even with the BE. I put it up there as a possible, but not a 100% guarantee.

You can get "A New Path" for Merrill without giving her the Arun holn (sp?). I got supplier on my last play through having her at max rivalry. It does sometimes bug out and not show up until you speak to the ruler of Ferelden though. So I guess it would be safer to have her in friendship mode, but it is still possible to do it as a rival.

Also with Bela you only need her at half friendship (50 points) which I'm fairly sure you can get just by talking to her and being nice. No need to drag her around in your party. Picking up the ship in a bottle helps too, since you can get +25 just in that convo even by being a dick.

On a totally unrelated note, did you make that sig Khea? I would love the source image for some wallpaper goodness :)

Edited by TotalyOutrageous
q and bela

Edited to include it, but there have been other people saying that they didn't get it even with the BE. I put it up there as a possible, but not a 100% guarantee.

Ah good to know then because I checked on my second play if I needed to get it or not on the 360 site (because I wanted to do it on my own with no guide.) and everyone posted there said it worked, so I thought it was a always works thing, but I guess it is like the Epic trophy in that way. so better safe then sorry I gather.

You can get "A New Path" for Merrill without giving her the Arun holn (sp?). I got supplier on my last play through having her at max rivalry. It does sometimes bug out and not show up until you speak to the ruler of Ferelden though. So I guess it would be safer to have her in friendship mode, but it is still possible to do it as a rival.

Also with Bela you only need her at half friendship (50 points) which I'm fairly sure you can get just by talking to her and being nice. No need to drag her around in your party. Picking up the ship in a bottle helps too, since you can get +25 just in that convo even by being a dick.

On a totally unrelated note, did you make that sig Khea? I would love the source image for some wallpaper goodness :)

Check on the New Path and I know the general idea is 50% into friendship but I know I've seen a few posts around here of people saying they were but she still flaked on them. On the unrelated note I did not, Lethal-Hjorth did. He has a gallery up on the user-generated content board.

I Take no credit for the following information.

But after seeing others wish it went by act aswell, I thought id post my reworked list for those who want it.

ACT 1

Elfroot:

Act 1: Sundermount – Take the southern fork before the Dalish Camp

Act 1: Sundermount – Up the mountain at the first fire, check behind a stone slab

Act 1: Wounded Coast – North path, between the first and second northern forks

Act 1: Bone Pit - At the far south east

Act 1: Wounded Coast – Southern path, head west to the dead end.

Act 1: Sundermount Ambush Site (Quest: The Way it Should be) – Southern path, near the west side.

Spindleweed:

Act 1: Lowtown – In the small area between the two exits on the east side

Act 1: Slaver Caverns (Quest: Wayward Son) – At the beginning, left of the mine carts

Act 1: Wounded Coast – North path and first fork heading north

Embrium:

Act 1: Dead Man’s Pass (Quest: Blackpowder Promise) – On the other side of the map, where the two paths meet

Lyrium:

Act 1: Bone Pit Mines (Quest: The Bone Pit) - In a nook in the first room

Act 1: Runaway's Cavern (Quest: Act of Mercy) - At the second big room, check the west dead end

Act 1: Deep Roads Expedition - Where you find Sandal, check the south west corner

Act 1: Deep Roads Expedition - Before the first Ogre, check the north west wall

Act 1: Tal-Vashoth Cavern (Quest: Black Powder Promise) - In the second big room, narrow east path

Silverite:

Act 1: Vimmark Mountain Pass (Quest: Shepherding Wolves) - In the dead end, west of the south exit

Act 1: Deep Roads Expedition - Go through the first door, head down the ramp on your right

Act 1: Tal-Vashoth Cavern (Quest: Black Powder Promise) - In the second big room go up the stairs

Act 1: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the fire

Orichalcum:

Act 1: Deep Roads Expedition - In the room before the artifact, check the corner where you fought the Shades

Deep Mushroom:

Act 1: Slaver Caverns (Quest: Wayward Son) - In the big room, up the stairs in the back cave

Act 1: Deep Roads Expedition - In the first room with Darkspawn, go down the ramp on your right

Act 1: Deep Roads Expedition - In the blue room before Sandal, check the walls

Act 1: Sundermount - Up the mountain, with the grave stones

Act 1: Bone Pit Mines (Quest: Bone Pit Mine) - In the third dragon room, on the second tier

Deathroot:

Act 1: Dark Town – Far south east room

Act 1: Disused Passage - Check the eastern north room, past the fire trap.

Act 1: Sanctuary (Quest: Enemies Among Us) - In the first room, east wall behind a crate

Glitterdust:

Act 1: Wounded Coast - South path, first fork south

ACT 2

Elfroot

Act 2: Sundermount – Check the walls south of the Varterral Caves

Act 2: Wounded Coast – South path and on your left as the path turns west

Spindleweed

Act 2: Lowtown – In the south east corner, between the exit and Foundry

Act 2: Gallows Dungeon (Quest: Dissent) - From the entrance head east, check the walls

Embrium

Act 2: Sundermount – Past the altar, check the right side of the path. It's hidden in some trees

Act 2: Wounded Coast – Northern path, second north dead end

Act 2: Wounded Coast – Far South Path, it'll be to your left as the path bends

Act 2: Holding Caves (Quest: A Bitter Pill) – The path on your right

Lyrium

Act 2: Bone Pit Mines (Cave - Quest: Forbidden Knowledge) - Next to the fire

Act 2: Bone Pit Mines (Quest: Cave Crawling) - At the entrance, turn right and go up the stairs.

Act 2: Wounded Coast (Dank Cave - Quest: Forbidden Knowledge) - Enter the big room on your right

Silverite

Act 2: Sundermount Caverns - Check the small dead end off of the first room

Act 2: Smuggler's Cut (Quest: Black Powder Courtesy) - Enter the last room, on your right

Orichalcum

Act 2: Varterral Hunting Ground (Quest: Mirror Image) - At the second spider ambush, check the west side

Act 2: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the exit, check the north

Act 2: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the exit, go up the stairs

Act 2: The Killer's Lair (Quest: All That Remains) - In the small passage between the first and second big rooms

Deep Mushroom

Act 2: Smuggler's Cut (Quest: Black Powder Courtesy) - Past the Wilderness exit, down the stairs on the right

Act 2: Gallow's Dungeon (Quest: Dissent) - In the room with the Spider ambush, check the north

Act 2: Varterral Hunting Ground (Quest: Mirror Image) - After the Varterral, up the stairs to the west

Deathroot

Act 2: Dark Town - South of Anders' clinic

Act 2: Bone Pit - To your right at the entrance of the area

Glitterdust

Act 2: Sundermount - Past the Dalish Camp, up the mountain near walls

Act 2: Bone Pit - By the entrance to the east Bone Pit Mines

Act 2: Varterral Hunting Ground (Quest: Mirror Image) - Right after the second spider ambush, check near a door

Act 2: Holding Caves (Quest: A Bitter Pill) - At the south end of the east path

ACT 3

Elfroot

Act 3: Wounded Coast - South path and on your left as the path turns west

Spindleweed

Act 3: Lowtown – Near the stairs of the Foundry

Embrium

Act 3: Wounded Coast – On the far west end, right outside the exit

Ambrosia

Act 3: Castillon’s Landing (Quest: No Rest for the Wicked) - Chest in the north west room.

Lyrium

Act 3: Sundermount Caverns - In the first room, to your left

Orichalcum

Act 3: Sundermount Caverns - In the room with the exit, check the north

Dragon's Blood: 1

Act 3: Bone Pit (Quest: Mine Massacre) - Loot the High Dragon's body

Deep Mushroom

Act 3: Drakestone Mine (Quest: Justice) - East from the entrance and check the north side

Deathroot

Act 3: Dark Town - In a corner of the south west area

Glitterdust

Act 3: Sundermount - Near the top of the mountain, a small southern end just before the top

Felendaris:

Act 3: Sundermount (Pride's End - Quest: A New Path) - Right next to the idol

I am pretty certain the BE purchases do not count, but I have nothing official to cite here just word of mouth. I avoided purchasing them and had no problems with the trophy coming up, so that may be the cause of your issue.

It is important to keep Anders and Isabella in the group, as both have several 'crisis points' throughout the game and both have act 3 quests which round out your supply collection.

You also need to make sure you progress the Bone Pit quest line, it too can lock you out being able to reach sme of the resources.

Nothing ground breaking but hope it helps

I am pretty certain the BE purchases do not count, but I have nothing official to cite here just word of mouth. I avoided purchasing them and had no problems with the trophy coming up, so that may be the cause of your issue.

It is important to keep Anders and Isabella in the group, as both have several 'crisis points' throughout the game and both have act 3 quests which round out your supply collection.

You also need to make sure you progress the Bone Pit quest line, it too can lock you out being able to reach sme of the resources.

Nothing ground breaking but hope it helps

Well you're wrong. Black Emporium purchases do count because I bought these items in Act III and still got supplier:

deathroot x1

deep mushroom x1

lyrium x1

silverite x1

elfroot x1

spindleweed x1

embrium x1

I carefully sided on making sure I did not go over on any ingredient counts to ensure it does not glitch it out. I also got Ambrosia as I had Isabella in my party. The last ingredient I picked up was Glitterdust on Suddermount.

a dev posted something about this trophy on the bioware forums:

So I did a little investigative research here at the studio to get some info on this trophy. To dispel any speculation you need >=66 Ingredients to get this trophy. As has been stated, the Black Emporium ones count towards this total - my guess is that for some of you, one or more just didn't register properly. My suggestion is to go to Black Emporium, save, and then buy out every ingredient until the trophy fires (if you should have it) and then reload the save.

Hope that helps.

so it seems that you only need to get 66 ingredients TOTAL, it doesn't matter what they are.. so you can even miss like Ambrosia and still get it if you get at least 66

OK so you need 66.

I did a bit of math and adding up of all the items that are available to be found and I 66. :think:

No wonder the programs have so many bugs the developers failed grade 2 math

Elfroot 9/9

Spindleweed 6/6

Embrium 6/6

Ambrosia 1/1

Deep Mushroom 9/9

Deathroot 6/6

Glitterdust 6/6

Felandaris 1/1

Lyrium 9/9

Silverite 6/6

Orichalcum 6/6

Dragon's Blood 1/1

So if you miss Ambrosia you only get a total of 65 and not get the trophy.

I guess if you buy some you can get over the amounts listed above and then can miss some from the quests.

a dev posted something about this trophy on the bioware forums:

so it seems that you only need to get 66 ingredients TOTAL, it doesn't matter what they are.. so you can even miss like Ambrosia and still get it if you get at least 66

Could I get a link to the dev saying that?

Hi, just want to mention that I fully had all the crafting items (found in the world as well bought from the Black Emporium) and never got the trophy. I was walking around the areas to pick up remaining glowing items when I suddenly saw a Spindleweed (Act 3 - Foundry. I found the previous 6 in the world). Picked it up (which would be my 7/6 Spindleweed) and my trophy unlocked.

I never used the crafting items list guide and always went to every corners in all Acts. I'd definitely say there are 7 Spindleweeds and not 6.

Edited by OceanH

Hi, just want to mention that I fully had all the crafting items (found in the world as well bought from the Black Emporium) and never got the trophy. I was walking around the areas to pick up remaining glowing items when I suddenly saw a Spindleweed (Act 3 - Foundry. I found the previous 6 in the world). Picked it up (which would be my 7/6 Spindleweed) and my trophy unlocked.

I never used the crafting items list guide and always went to every corners in all Acts. I'd definitely say there are 7 Spindleweeds and not 6.

That's an interesting statement. Considering I did not use the Black Emporium and the game itself lists only 6 Spindleweed being able to be found in the game. I already stated some possible glitches with this trophy in the opening post.