"Epic" Bugged?

Lethal-Hjorth

Well i'm gonna cut right to it. Today I finished the game a 2nd time as Warrior (First time as Rogue) however the "Epic" trophy did not pop. Can anyone confirm it's bugged? Or do someone have a solution?

If you import your Origins Save you WILL get the trophy unless your DA2 and DA:O are two different regions. An incomplete Origins save will also net you the trophy.

Some people managed to get Epic by playing 2 playthroughs normally. But it is not known why these people got it.

It is not exactly known what triggers the Epic bug.

Minor update 4/29/11

On the Bioware Social Network forums, posted in response to the Epic Trophy bug thread on there (until very recently no comment from any mod in relation to the bug).

This is just hypothetical based on my experience with trophies/achievements in general:

Once it gets patched you should have to load your save before fighting the end boss and complete the game again from there on both playthroughs.

This is indeed encouraging that the bug seems to have gained the attention of Bioware staff and I look forward to news of a patch. In addition mine, and probably others, assumption that a reload of either final battle or post-completion saves could very well do the trick once the patch (no confirmation on when) is released to us. :dance:

Edited by Lethal-Hjorth

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the game for X360 and i can confirm i have the same problem as you. i didn't have a Dragon Age Origin's save ( i have it for my pc) and i finished my 3rd playthrough last night and didn't get the Epic Achievement. it seems bugged and the only way is to import a previous Origin's save and finish the game.

You're the first I know that jumped into DA II without a DA:O save. Unfortunately, I won't be able to verify :(

I almost did not and then found out that you can import an unfinished save, it only imports background info and stuff like that from my save in DA:O. As I never completed DA:O , however I will try and complete DA:O after I get tired of DA2 :rolleyes: Currently in Act 2 so not sure what happens with Epic.

PS I like DA2 much better then DA:O

Edited by ecto69

I got get myself a copy of DAO now, Im definetly not buying it just so I can get a trophy from DA II.

DAO saves are copy protected right, meaning no way I can download one into my PS3?

Yes, DA:O saves are locked. It is worth it to play it evantually though. As there is a reason why this series has such a large following now. Or you could hold out for a patch.

Yes, DA:O saves are locked. It is worth it to play it evantually though. As there is a reason why this series has such a large following now. Or you could hold out for a patch.

As I said before I did play DAO but I did so in my PC. But who knows maybe I can get myself a GOTY edition and play all the DLC I havent yet and get myself an extra platinum, but right about now Im considsering just finding someone who has the game near me so I cna borrow it save and import it.

Edited by Bahamut

Yeah like the post above, I played Origins on PC as well. And sadly most of my friends either hates the series or played it on PC.. I won't be able to borrow it from a friend. I've looked up prices for a GOTY edition, and well the price ain't exactly appealing to me. Guess i'll count on Bioware to patch fix it. :S

I lost my Origins saves so I had to go through twice as well and I had no problems with it. I'm just curious did you go into the post game save on your first completion and make a completely separate save for it? Also did you select a different origins story on your second character creation?

I lost my Origins saves so I had to go through twice as well and I had no problems with it. I'm just curious did you go into the post game save on your first completion and make a completely separate save for it? Also did you select a different origins story on your second character creation?

When I first completed it i honestly didn't know about the post game save, i noticed it when i completed it a 2nd time. (I did however try to load both my post files ((including my third completion post-file)) ). My first two playthroughs had two different origins stories. While i honestly do not remember my third.

I'm about midway on my fourth speed playthrough now.

Man can you tell me exactly what you did Im almost finishing my first playtrought and Id love to manage to get epic in one go, Im not up to playing this game more tham I have to,Ive had enought Kirkwall for a lifetime.

Man can you tell me exactly what you did Im almost finishing my first playtrought and Id love to manage to get epic in one go, Im not up to playing this game more tham I have to,Ive had enought Kirkwall for a lifetime.

My first game was a female rogue with the pre-made Origins story being the Dalish who sacrificed herself. I beat the game, let the credits roll (longest game credits ever), loaded up the post-game autosave, made my own save, got disappointed I couldn't leave the manor, exited the game (to the XMB) left and got pizza. Came back, booted up the game and made a new character. This time a female warrior with the human noble Origins story, played through the game again, missed out on my Mage Hunter trophy but at the end before the credits, Epic popped for me.

That's why I was curious if Lethal did any of those. I mean I don't know what exactly it was that caused it to work for me but it did.

My first game was a female rogue with the pre-made Origins story being the Dalish who sacrificed herself. I beat the game, let the credits roll (longest game credits ever), loaded up the post-game autosave, made my own save, got disappointed I couldn't leave the manor, exited the game (to the XMB) left and got pizza. Came back, booted up the game and made a new character. This time a female warrior with the human noble Origins story, played through the game again, missed out on my Mage Hunter trophy but at the end before the credits, Epic popped for me.

That's why I was curious if Lethal did any of those. I mean I don't know what exactly it was that caused it to work for me but it did.

I for sure didn't save once more in the post game save file, that's for sure. If the trophy do not pop on my fourth playthrough i'll prolly delete all my save / game data and retry. Will let ya know.

I bet it was the pizza that makes the diference btween getting this trophy or not.

I just completed DA2 for the second time (first time male warrior 2nd time male rogue) Both times after I completed the game a window popped up that read "Congratulations you've beat Dragon Age II! Blah, blah, blah(paraphrasing)" The Epic trophy; however, failed to pop.

I'm wondering if maybe you need to actually "complete" everything. Like all the quests and such, since on the second go around I opted to skip several quests that served me no benifit other than superfluous experience points and soveriegns.

Seeing as Supplier had a poorly worded trophy description I think it to be highly likely that Epic has a similarly unfortunate and misleading guideline.