Alternate Rivalry Solution

dktrZERO

Does anyone have another suggestion for obtaining rivalry?

The exploit with the High Cleric doesn't seem to be working anymore (patched?). I only get a rivalry credit for the first "You're Useless", after that there is no relationship change.

I would prefer to find another exploit location, as I'm going for a single play through and like to stay on the good side with my NPCs.

• 4 months later...

It's patched for sure.

I did Sebastian anyway. He was easy. I took him with me everywhere and trial and error saves at quest ends to see what rivaled him up best. Alternatively, you could pull the wikki for each quest you do and just skip the spoiler stuff and look at the conversation info. All the quest pages list the gains.

I had no trouble getting him. I know you said you wanted them all friendly, but I don't know any other tricks. You could rival him up I guess and when the trophy pops, go to a save prior to starting him, but that w0uld mean almost a full act retrace.

• 1 month later...
It's patched for sure.

I did Sebastian anyway. He was easy. I took him with me everywhere and trial and error saves at quest ends to see what rivaled him up best. Alternatively, you could pull the wikki for each quest you do and just skip the spoiler stuff and look at the conversation info. All the quest pages list the gains.

I had no trouble getting him. I know you said you wanted them all friendly, but I don't know any other tricks. You could rival him up I guess and when the trophy pops, go to a save prior to starting him, but that w0uld mean almost a full act retrace.

Patched? Damn. Guide has a few tips that have been patched. Thanks for the info.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

just started Chapter 2 of 2nd play of DAII after 5 years. got rivalry with Carver, playing as mage just before going to the Deep Roads. i didnt play total asshole, just havent agreed with Carver often and i got that trophy. now i just need to play with Sebastian and do Friendship rather then rivalry, as it should be easier.