Stupid ass glitch.

Dancing Mad

One companion quest with Anders is called ''Justice''. And it can glitch, although I'm not sure how come...basically when you're finished the quest, Anders is no longer available for the rest of the game. He is grayed out on the character selection screen. At first I thought that was normal, until I saw that the quest is DONE...looked online, and sure enough, it's a glitch. Luckily, I had other saves, just lost a bit of gameplay. But wtf. Hopefully this quest isn't needed for a trophy?

Depending if you were on good terms with him or not, I believe that is why he left. You can do the quest, but in the conversation you make him mad, he will leave your party for good. Just FYI, be sure you know what you're going for as sometimes siding with one side can affect the other characters decisions about you.

That is rather strange, it could be a glitch as mentioned before. Though, I am sure he can still leave you even if you have maxed out your tides with him. It could also be if you decided to side with the Templars early on rather than the Mages. He could be coming back in a later part of the game, I'll keep you updated with what I find.