New to this Game...

Dancing Mad

It seems a bit overwhelming at first, and I would like to ask for some advice. I'm not entirely sure how the skill trees work, or rather, how I should build them up.

I made my character a warrior, and I notice that each class has several skill trees. So far I've been building up the two handed section, but what exactly is best to do? Do you build all of them up, like some few skills from each, or do you concentrate on one only? I just got three new skill trees as well from my uncle's house in Lowtown. I'm assuming you should mess in all trees, otherwise there wouldn't be that many...what is a good way to build a good character?

Also while I'm at it...going to the Blooming Rose and getting it on with prostitutes, what exactly is the point of doing this? So far all it does is waste my money lol.

To me the best rewards are the passive skills (circles). But some require heavy investment in the skill trees to able to pick them.

If you have the black emporium DLC, just mess around with skills and then buy Maker's Sigh from the emporium which allows you to respec skills once you have a decent level. Choose carefully yourself or you can choose of the spec trees on youtube that people like.

I wouldn't mess around too much, otherwise you'll be a jack of all trades and master of none. You could focus on building up your main tree (two handed, weapon and shield) and then choose another you like when you have enough upgrades.

Dont overthink it though, this playthrough is all about experimenting to get a better understanding of cross-class combos, read up a little bit on that because those completely determine the damage output of your party. They're not that important if you're playing on easy or normal, which is what your difficulty should be set to for now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never played DAO, but I get it about the armor and the same rooms. Doesn't bother me. I think by now I grasped the basics and then some. (although I wish I hadn't picked berserker, I hate techniques that sacrifice something for something else. And reaver isn't very useful either other than devour. Next time I'm going for templar)