Possible save file corruption solution

snake2410

For those who are having their save files corrupt after doing both Legacy and Mark of the Assassin dlcs I may have found a solution.

This did work for me, but I did Legacy and Mark of the Assassin right before doing the final quest.

Here's what I did and I no longer get manual saves that corrupt once you get to the Gallows in the final quest:

First off, before you start the final quest disable autosave and go to a place where you can freely change out your companions (Anders clinic is a good place). Switch out all your companions and level them then unequip all their equipped gear. Do this with every companion, even the ones you usually use the most.

Now go to Hawkes mansion and go through both your inventory and storage and junk then destroy all equipment you got from both Legacy and Mark of the Assassin (I tested it with just Legacy and just MotA gear junked and destroyed and still got the corruption, but didn't when junking and destroying both).

After that start the final quest and play through until right before the spot you normally would get the corruption and make a save, for me I ALWAYS corrupted in the Gallows when you can interact with your whole group of companions for the last time.

After making the save in the area before your normal corruption spot try to load it to make sure it is going to load, it should. Now proceed to the area you normally corrupt and make a save once you're able to and try to load it, it should also load.

From then on just proceed through the rest of the game and any manual saves you make should load just fine, if not retry from your most recent working save and finish the game. Your post game save should load fine, mine now does.

I really hope this helps those that have run into this bug. I now actually have an import save for DA Inquisition with both Legacy and Mark of the Assassin done on both. Only took a year and a half lol.

Thanks for this info :), I can't believe they never properly fixed this bug :(.

Their excuse was that they could never reproduce it in studio and because PS3 saves are encrypted they couldn't have someone just send them one. I don't exactly believe that myself though, I know if I lived near them I would have been more then willing to lend them my psn and saves if it would have helped. Took me a year and a half, and the announcement of Inquisition, to even touch the game after the corruption hit me. The first game was one of my favorites, and I at least enjoyed DAII enough to platinum it.

Finally got the drive to check into a few ideas that I though might be causing an issue, after a few things were brought up on Bioware forums about the Item dlc's possibly being a possible cause. After a day of messing around with it I finally just deleted my whole inventory and lo and behold my saves made in the area's they normally corrupted loaded (new ones without inventory anyways). After that I experimented with having just Legacy gear or just MotA gear and it seems its some issue between the two that doesn't go away when only one or the other is present.

Hopefully this solution will at least help others who run into it since Bioware pretty much gave up on any solution through a patch. I posted it on their forums but have yet to have any response so I doubt they'll even look into it now, especially since they've moved on to Inquisition.

EDIT 8/28/13: This solution does work for others, I've been in contact with another player who had the save corruption and was able to use my method to get a working post game save will all dlc complete. So hopefully others will also have the same success we have had so far.

Edited by snake2410

• 2 weeks later...