Double Dragon: Neon - Trophy Guide & Road Map

Shinobi X

http://i.imgur.com/CJ4vI.png

- Estimated Trophy Difficulty: 4/10 (In my opinion)

- Approximate Time To Platinum: 15-20 Hours

- Offline: (B) 9 (S) 3 (G) 1

- Online: No Online (yet)

- Missable Trophies: None, There is chapter select in this game.

- Minimum Number of Playthroughs Required: 4+ (One on normal mode, One on Dragon mode & Two for Double Dragon mode)

- Difficulty Affects Trophies: Yes (Double Dragon mode for Double Dragon and Single Dragon)

- Glitched Trophies: None that I haven't encounter yet

- File Size: 1870 MB

- Peripherals Required: 2 controllers

*Please note that an online feature is going to be patched into this game in the near future. I will update the guide when this happens.*

Here are the Control Schemes for this game:

:square: - Punch/Pick up item

:triangle: - Kick

:circle: - Grab/Throw item

:cross: - Jump

:l2: - Dodge

:r2: - Run

:r1: - Sosetsitsu

:dpad: - Movement

ROAD MAP

Step 1 - Beat the game on Normal:

In this first step, you will learn how to play the game and advance through 10 levels in order to beat the game and unlock Dragon mode.

Here are some strategies that may prove useful to you in your quest:

Gleam: When you dodge an enemy's attack with perfect timing, you will see the Double Dragon logo appear on your character. This will increase your attack power for a short amount of time.

Weapon : There will be useful weapons throughout the game. You can find some lying on the ground or you can grab them from enemies. Just attack them until they are stunned and they will drop the weapon that they was holding. Use this weaponry to help you throughout the game.

Mixtape: These items are very useful for your character. As you collect them, your stats will increase (the actual increase varies, depending on which stance you equip and which Sosetsitsu you can use.)

Money: Collect money so you can spend it on items such as Extra Lives, Health and Mixtapes in the Curio shop.

Mythril: This is a rare item that can only be obtain by beating a boss. You will need them in order to upgrade your Song's capacity from the Tapesmith. The maximum capacity is 50, and the shops can be found in Level 2 and 9.

You should have the following trophies unlocked at the end of this step:

(B) (H) FuzzFace!!

(B) Metal Head

(B) Weapon Master

(B) (H) A Face Foot?

(B) Gleam On!

(B) Mr. Perfect

(B) This Channel Sucks

(B) Victory!

Step 2 - Beat the game on Dragon Mode and increase your Mixtape to the maximum capacity:

As you play in Dragon Mode, you will notice that the enemies are much stronger and a lot more dangerous. You should focus on increasing your Mixtape as much as possible during this playthrough as it will make things much easier. Increase the Song that is most useful to you. In my opinion, upgrading the Balance and Spin Kick songs really helped.

Step 3 - Beat the game on Double Dragon Mode in Single Mode

The enemies will become even stronger here, so it is essential that you have a decently upgraded Mixtape. If not, then I strongly advise you to refer to Step 2 and play Dragon Mode difficultly first so you can do this. Some of the bosses in Double Dragon Mode can kill you in one hit if your Mixtape is not upgraded enough, so you're going to need all the help you can get.

You will unlock the following trophy during this Step:

(S) Single Dragon

Afterwards, you have two choices:

Step 4a - Beat the game on Double Dragon mode in Co-op using Friendly Fire:

If you have two controllers and you don't want to wait for the online patch arrive or you have a friend to play with, then play it. On the first player screen, be sure to play the game on the profile that has beaten Double Dragon Mode and ensure that you enable Friendly Fire in the Settings. Remember that because Friendly Fire will be on, you will need to be aware of your partner. Any attack that you execute will cause damage to the other player, so ensure that you keep your distance from each other in order to avoid this.

You should be able to unlock the following trophies in this Step:

(S) Double Dragon

(S) Misters Prefect

Step 4b - Clean up

Once you've beaten the game on Dragon Double mode, you're going to be grinding for Mixtape and Mythril for the Max Fidelity trophy. I would also suggest working on the Pick a Winner! trophy too since you will be visiting each level anyway.

The following trophies that you will unlock during this clean up are:

(G) Max Fidelity

(B) Pick a Winner!

If you're are missing any other trophy, then now will be the time to unlock them. Each of the miscellaneous trophies shouldn't take too long to obtain.

Edited by Shinobi X
Editorial Sweep

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TROPHY GUIDE

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/BB3.jpg Metal Head (B)

Upgrade a song at the Tapesmith

See 'Max Fidelity'

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/628.jpg Weapon Master (B)

Use every weapon once

You need to hit a enemy at least once with every weapon in order to unlock the trophy.

Here's the list of all the weapons in this game:

Baseball Bat - You can find it in the first level when William appeasr with it.

Whip - You can find it when you first encounter Linda in the first level.

Hair Pick - You can find it on the afro of Funky William in the first level.

Knife - You can find it laying on the ground or in the hands of an enemy in level 1.

Barrel - Beginning of level 2.

Explosive Barrel - You will find it along the way in level 2.

Fan - You can only obtain it by defeating an Ichisumi when they make their appearance in level 3.

Grenade - Defeat Linda before she uses it during the Airlock room in level 4.

ThrowingKknife - Lying on the ground or by defeating a Shun in level 4.

Sickle - Lying on the ground or by defeating an enemy in level 5

Throwing star - Lying on the ground during level 6

Ball Spike - Lying on the ground or during the Killacopter's appearance in level 6.

Pipe - You can find it laying on the ground in level 7.

Gun - You can obtain it from a scientist in level 7.

Magic Stick - You can find it laying on the ground in level 9.

Wired Eye Ball Bat - Also lying on the ground in level 9.

Zombie head - You need to defeat a Jiang Shi to get their head in level 9.

Sai - You can find it laying in the ground in the beginning of level 10.

Sword - Lying on the ground or by breaking the weapon holder in level 10.

Wooden Board - Also lying on the ground in level 10.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/FE7.jpg Gleam On! (B)

Dodge and get the Gleam 50 times

When you dodge an enemy's attack perfectly, you will see the double dragon logo appear on your character which will allow you to get the Gleam. To dodge the enemy, you can duck by pressing the :l2: button or roll away with :l2:+:left:/:right:. Do this 50 times and the trophy will pop. This should come naturally as you play through the game.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/459.jpg Mr. Perfect (B)

Complete any level without taking damage

You need to master ducking if you want to perfect a level without receiving any damage. Also, be aware that your life bar needs to remain full from the beginning to the end of the level to get this trophy. The best place to do this would be on level 1 on Normal difficulty since all of the enemies will be weak. Make use of the spin kick combo (:square:,:square:,:triangle:,) as it will help a lot, both with regular enemies and Abobo. If you feel that Abobo may interrupt this combo (and it's very possible that he will,) then try using your Sosetsitsu, which can also interrupt his attack.

If you feel like you can't do it, then here is another technique Stalemate666 came up with. Credit goes to him:

Max out Magic Gambit and Dragon Swarm and just use it on every single enemy in Level 1 on Normal.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/4E8.jpg This Channel Sucks (B)

Break all the Skullmageddon monitors in the Rocket Dojo

You can only do this on levesl 3 and 4. You need to break all of the monitors that appear along your quest, of which there are 19 in total. Please note that you will need two Sosetsitsu's for this: Fireball & Bomb Toss in order to break two monitors that can't be punched. Here's a video showing where each monitor is located:

[spoiler=adas] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVYWmbp1pI8&feature=plcp]Double Dragon Neon - "This Channel Sucks" Trophy/Achievement - YouTube[/ame]

Credit goes to TheInfamousDrQ for the video

Edited by Shinobi X
Editorial Sweep

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/327.jpg Pick a Winner! (B)

Nail all enemies with the hair pick

You need to hit at least one enemy of each type with the Hair Pick in order to obtain this trophy. You will know that you hit them if the hair pick gets stuck on their head.

Here are all the list of the enemies that will count for this trophy:

Williams

Linda

Abobo

Skullmagaddon

Hoverbizzle

Ichisumi

Mecha Biker (when he is on his feet)

Shun

Roxy

Jiang Shi

Boa Boshi

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/ECE.jpg Victory! (B)

Defeat Skullmageddon!

Story-relate trophy. You will get it in a funny way during the ending scene.

[spoiler=543]You will have to defeat Skullmageddon twice in order to beat the game. In the first stage, you will need to fight him whilst Evil Marian is trying to interrupt the fight. You will need to try to hit Evil Marian when she is casting a spell, as this will be much easier. As for Skullmageddon, just be cautious and learn his attacks and movement. If you see him going to attack you, then you should attack him and then move behind and hit him there. Once you defeat Skullmageddon.

For the second fight, your foe will return as Gigaskullmageddon. He will use more techniques in this battle, but ultimately, your strategy will be the same. Study his attacks and you'll notice that he fights in a set pattern.

When Gigaskullmageddon holds his hat, he is going to swiftly teleport out of the screen. I suggest that you run when this happens.

When Gigaskullmageddon moves to the edge of the stage, then he is going to summon a wave of ghosts to hit you. Look at the pattern and either dodge or jump over them. Once you get behind him, then attack him with a punch and then use your Sosetsitsu to finish your combo on him.

When Gigaskullmageddon moves to the middle of the stage, he is going to use a force field around him and he will summon one of the following:

- A wave of bombs from the sky. Look at the shadow of the bomb and don't stand on top of them.

- A wave of knife projectiles from the right/left of the screen. Just move up/down to dodge them.

- A storm. Just look at the Skullmageddon logo and make sure you don't stand on them as the lightning will strike there.

- A wave of soda, battery and an extra life. Be sure to take the life and get whatever else you may need to heal you character.

Once his force field is down, then you can execute your combo on him.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/165.jpg Misters Perfect (S)

Complete any level in co-op without taking any damage... with friendly fire enabled!

You will need two controllers for this trophy at the moment:

You need to beat the level without Jimmy and Billy receiving any damage and with friendly fire enabled. Do this on level 1 on Normal to make it easier. I would recommend that you play it with a friend for now since it will be much more difficult having to manage two players by yourself. Be aware of the life bar too and know that it must remain ful from the beginning to the end of the level.

Or you can use Stalemate666's strategy as outlined in Mr. Perfect since the dragon won't damage your ally.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/C4B.jpg Double Dragon (S)

Finish every stage cooperatively on Double Dragon difficulty with friendly fire enabled!

You will need two controllers for this trophy at the moment:

You need to beat the game on Co-op with Friendly Fire enabled and on Double Dragon mode on every stage. You can use the profile that you have completed Double Dragon mode on for Player 1 and use the "Shadow Bro" option for Player 2, which essentially mimics everything about the other profile. Also, you must beat each level without losing all of your lives for each character or you will need to start that particular stage again. Remember to duck and dodge enemy attacks and revive your partner.

This will change once the online feature is up

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/60B.jpg Max Fidelity (G)

Max out every song to level 50!!

This is the most time-consuming trophy of them all. You need to upgrade each Song's capacity to the Max (50). Each upgrade costs a different amount of mythril, starting from 2 and increasing to 6, 10 and finally, 12 mythril. This means that in order to upgrade one Song fully, you will need 30 mythril. You will therefore need a grand total of 600 mythril to upgrade each and every Song to the Max. The best place to grind for this is in level 2, as you can acquire 17 mythril for defeating Skullmegaddon in Double Dragon mode. Once you upgrade all of the Songs to the Max, then you will need to collect all the Mixtapes, the locations of which are shown in the video below:

[spoiler=qwe] [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVSH1SVm8uM]Double Dragon Neon - Max Fidelity - Grinding for Mythril and Mix Tapes - YouTube[/ame]

Credit goes to TheInfamousDrQ for the video

[spoiler=132]There is another secret shop that isn't shown in the video. It is in level 8 and level 10 in a area where there are three platforms that will fall down. Stand on the third platform and let it fall until you see a another platform below. Jump on it and there will be a secret shop. In this shop, the owner will be selling the following Mixtapes:

Level:8 shop

Dragon Swarm (1100)

Bomb Toss (1000)

Healing Touch (1000)

Rage! (1300)

Desperation (1200)

Level:10 shop

Knee Drop (900)

Lighting (1100)

Stunner (1200)

Successive Strikes (1200)

Absorb (1300)

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/77D.jpg Single Dragon (S)

Finish every stage solo on Double Dragon difficulty!

Beat the game on Double Dragon solo. If you got the right upgrades, then Double Dragon shouldn't be too hard for you. Just remember to duck and dodge the enemy attacks and always use your Sosetsitsu. I would recommend to use the Balanced stances and the Spin Kick Sosetsitsu because it would balance all of your stats evenly (almost) and Spin kick will send most of your enemies flying.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/3C2.jpg FuzzFace!! (B)(H)

Befriend everyone's most favoritest helpful character!

This can be done only on level 6. Before you go up the ladder, you will see two gravestones close by each other. Stand in between them and duck seven time to summon a friendly little fairy. He will be useful because he will drop some health at random times during your playthrough.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1493/8DC.jpg A Foot Face? (B)(H)

Become the hidden idol!

This trophy can only be obtain in level 7. At the beginning, you will see a punching bag. Punch it exactly 87 times (every punch counts, even going through the opening mission scene). Once you've done it, you will hear a strange noise and will be taken to an extra room. Defeat all of the enemies in here and once you go through the door, the trophy shuld unlock. If you die, then you can quit the level and try it again.

Edited by Dark_Phantom_89
Editorial Sweep

I can confirm you don't need to hit Bimmy 'n' Jammy or Tapeworm with the hair pick to get the trophy I also suspect you don't need roxy but not sure, and does the key thing really matter it's the first weapon you use in the game people are going to use it regardless.

Edited by Stalemate666

Also you should really mention you can't hit the punching bag more then 87 times and your link informing people of whats in the shops neglected the two hidden shops at levels 8 and 10.

Even if you're the first to make one, people can still create a guide.

I know I never said other wise.

It's possible to get the Double Dragon trophy by yourself with 2 controllers. Max out magic gambit and lightning on each character. Using the lightning and the gleam high five you can kill multiple enemies very fast. To use gleam high five push the right analog stick left or right on both controllers when the brothers are near each other. Gleam also recharges your magic bar faster so use the high five inbetween fights to refill your magic. Using fuzzface and buying extra lives when you can also helps.

And people really need to know about the secret shops since you can buy all tapes no reason to grind tapes when you can just buy them.

But remember, where do the money come from. I know you won't be able to buy all the mixtape at one time. But I will add the secret shop in it.

I know that I there is one in level 10 where the video didn't show it. But that all I know.

Edited by Shinobi X

But remember, where do the money come from. I know you won't be able to buy all the mixtape at one time. But I will add the secret shop in it.

I know that I there is one in level 10 where the video didn't show it. But that all I know.

That's why I suggest farming level 10 instead of level 2. Since yes it takes longer but it gives twice as much myth and a ton of cash enough to keep up.

At both level 8 and 10 where the falling platformers are there is a arrow pointing diagonally down on the last one, just let it drop and walk forward and there is the shop.

I'm unsure of what they carry though beyond level 10 has absorb.

But the thing is that it is longer and it is bit difficult to do it in your way. Facing Skullmagaddon a second time is a bitch not mention that she is there too and we don't want to go through that again. I know it will give you double the amount of mythril, but my way is a bit easier and skullmagaddon is way too easy to beat if you can predict his attack.

But the thing is that it is longer and it is bit difficult to do it in your way. Facing Skullmagaddon a second time is a bitch not mention that she is there too and we don't want to go through that again. I know it will give you double the amount of mythril, but my way is a bit easier and skullmagaddon is way too easy to beat if you can predict his attack.

Am I just really good at the game because it wasn't that hard for me, and even if you have trouble there's a shop where you can just buy max lives, and you need to grind the money anyways. And don't forget to mention the secret shop at level 8.