Rate the trophy difficulty  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_65.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 6.50

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is fairly straightforward up until the last 5 levels of Double Dragon difficulty, the last two levels especially being a pain. Enemies have 4 times as much HP and deal 2-3 times as much damage, IF you ground out all of the songs prior to beating it it might be substantially easier, switching stances for every particular situation (Training Wheels being the most used).

The game is fairly straightforward up until the last 5 levels of Double Dragon difficulty, the last two levels especially being a pain. Enemies have 4 times as much HP and deal 2-3 times as much damage, IF you ground out all of the songs prior to beating it it might be substantially easier, switching stances for every particular situation (Training Wheels being the most used).

What are you talking about I just beat level 9 and it's the first one I've had trouble with in double dragon, it's been easier then dragon for me maybe it's just because in dragon my absorb (my most used) was only 20 and I jumped them to 50 in the last shop just before the boss.

Edited by Stalemate666

honestly not surprised theres 5 votes already.

Yeah, the game is really easy. I'm just holding off on it and saving it once the online patch arrives. There needs to be a rule to automatically force game developers to include online support for games that clearly supports co-op gameplay.

the first 5 votes were 4,5,8,9,10

obviously the 8,9 and 10 were done by people who saw the ZOMG I GOTTA BEAT A STAGE WITHOUT GETTING HIT and automatically voted it high.

its been said a million times, and it will be said a million more times... dont vote until you actually played the game a good bit.

I voted 8 and I believe I was the first person to clear through DD without continuing, just did a Dragon run in 2:15. The game is about as hard as 2D Beat'em ups get without having atrociously bad design elements (i.e. Bayou Billy), that said if you farm before you go into Double Dragon and have the right setup it's not all that bad, you do have to micromanage your abilities quite a bit though. Most people won't farm before heading in and that's where you run into trouble.

Edited by Valgresas

I voted 8 and I believe I was the first person to clear through DD without continuing, just did a Dragon run in 2:15. The game is about as hard as 2D Beat'em ups get without having atrociously bad design elements (i.e. Bayou Billy), that said if you farm before you go into Double Dragon and have the right setup it's not all that bad, you do have to micromanage your abilities quite a bit though. Most people won't farm before heading in and that's where you run into trouble.

everyone will farm the game b4 they get to DD unless there stupid this game is so easy its not an 8 unless you suck at this kind of game its stupid easy

Hmmm, ok, everyone who voted in this thread and has the 100% please raise their hand...

Anyone?

I just have the grinding and the double dragon one and I can't get the double dragon because I have no one to play with but it's not harder then beating the game, infact it's easier

Edited by Stalemate666

Hmmm, ok, everyone who voted in this thread and has the 100% please raise their hand...

Anyone?

*raise hand*

I'm going to rate this as a 4 since it isn't hard and it is actually fun playing this. It not that hard, but the only trophy that I hate is Max Fidelity since it is a time consuming trophy and a collectible one too.

I've dedicated several nights to playing this game now. I used to enjoy the old games and was impressed with it. But I gotta be honest, some of these trophies are ridiculous. Beating it on DD in single player alone I could probably do with a lot of long, frustrating practice (yes, all of my tapes are maxed), but it's too difficult to warrant the effort needed to beat it. Same with DD co-op with friendly fire. My girlfriend and I played the game together and we passed it, only to discover that you weren't allowed to lose all lives on one character (thus having to steal from the other). We're certainly not prepared to waste time with ANOTHER playthrough trying to avoid stealing (considering how difficult it already was to just pass).

I frankly don't believe anyone who rated it less than 7. I've got a lot of gaming experience, so if this opinion still manages to make me less of a gamer in some of your eyes (as some in this thread seem to argue), then so be it. Time to go wave your e-peen somewhere else.

Edited by acetken

I frankly don't believe anyone who rated it less than 7. I've got a lot of gaming experience, so if this opinion still manages to make me less of a gamer in some of your eyes (as some in this thread seem to argue), then so be it. Time to go wave your e-peen somewhere else.

I've rated it a 8. It's a tough game and the trophies aren't the greatest ideas since they force you to use certain ways of achieving the trophies. Spamming Dragon Swarm to get those gold trophies is not a skill, it's just a tedious grindfest to get there in the first place.

I love it when some guys in this forum First thing say: easy game. If you were all those pro gamers u would like be, fine. Looking at psnprofiles tells another Story towards this game. It is very hard and u definetly need skills. I am not voting yet, but voting underneath 7 is just LOL! It is not just grinding. Sad to see, that the voting polls getting more and more stupid and totally unhelpful. I am a casual gamer, i know that, but i am definetly NOT the only casual player here and voting every game as easy is complete bullshit..

I love it when some guys in this forum First thing say: easy game. If you were all those pro gamers u would like be, fine. Looking at psnprofiles tells another Story towards this game. It is very hard and u definetly need skills. I am not voting yet, but voting underneath 7 is just LOL! It is not just grinding. Sad to see, that the voting polls getting more and more stupid and totally unhelpful. I am a casual gamer, i know that, but i am definetly NOT the only casual player here and voting every game as easy is complete bullshit..

You can't blame people for speaking their opinion. Personally, I don't think this game is that hard (I blew through the first 9 stages of DD difficulty with level 50 training wheels and level 50 spin kick), but I have not done the co-op trophy. I know a lot of people don't have 100%, but that's more due to the fact that the co-op is currently local only.

I don't know why people feel like "less of a gamer" because they have a harder time with a game than others.

Double Dragon Neon trophy difficulty (with guides) 6

Double Dragon Neon trophy difficulty (without guides) 8

Posted 10/4/12

This game is easy.. only AFTER I learned how to really play. Learning when to dodge, what to dodge.. enemy pattern and tendencies.. avatar attack range, power, so on and so fourth. Still though, even if I've voted, trophy difficulty is still (truly) pending on the grounds that online co-op hasn't been implemented. It'll be good times when we're finally allowed to rock 2 player style online like the future ought to be.

4/20/13 DDNTD update

STILL no online co op patch even after all these months. That's too bad and kinda sad considering that this is a good game, despite what the reviews for it might have said. Whatever.. More to come..

Edited by Rubbercons
Double Dragon returns..

You can't blame people for speaking their opinion.

I don't know why people feel like "less of a gamer" because they have a harder time with a game than others.

I don't feel like "less of a gamer", i'm just saying that i'm not able to play as often as some of the voters (looking at profiles level). And I still think it is not underneath a 7. I have started DD yesterday. I usually do the grinding towards Max Fidelity and every now and then a friend comes over to my place and we play co-op only (using shadow bro). And even when swarming Dragons (and high five as often as possible) you still need to have skills. Maybe i'm too old for those kind of games at the age of 36 :think:

I'm blaming more the fact, that you read so often: easy game. I really get the feeling that once someone completed a game, it is a MUST to say easy game :thumbsdown:

Let me give an example: Fast Draw showdown In the beginning I thought OMG....how on earth should I ever draw my gun within 0.30 sec. Once I figured out how to quick draw, the game was a breeze. (Hardest diff. I beat Wes Flower within 0.05 sec) But if you are not able to figure out how to quick draw, this game will be a nightmare. So I voted 4. Would prefer if votes within polls would more face a general point of view. Hope I made it a bit more clear with this explaination. If not PN me :D