Final Doom question

I don't know about the psone but I just bought this and was disappointed that it's not the original doom. I haven't dug into it far enough to see what the deal is and my memory back to the original doom is a bit iffy, but it's for sure not the same starting area and progression is nothing like the original. You can basically start wherever you like.

My thing is that you can't actually start on the original level and that nostalgia thing is the only reason I even bought this.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't know about the psone but I just bought this and was disappointed that it's not the original doom. I haven't dug into it far enough to see what the deal is and my memory back to the original doom is a bit iffy, but it's for sure not the same starting area and progression is nothing like the original. You can basically start wherever you like.

My thing is that you can't actually start on the original level and that nostalgia thing is the only reason I even bought this.

Uh what? Doom Classic Complete is every single official Doom product on the Doom Engine. It has the upgraded retail version of the original Doom, Doom 2, both episodes of Final Doom, the Doom 2 mini-expansion No Rest for the Living, and the first ever version of Master Levels thats combined into a single level set. Everything is the PC version, the game itself is actually running on a slightly modified version of id's Linux Doom.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...