Doom Classic Complete Trophy Guide & Road Map

olsen77

Road Map

Overview

Estimated 100% difficulty: Trophy Difficulty Rating (Personal Estimate: 6.5/10)

Offline: 13 (6 (S), 7 (B))

Online: None

Approximate amount of time to 100%: 20-30 hours

Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 6, 1 each of Doom, Doom II, TNT Evilution, The Plutonia Experiment, Doom II: Master Levels, and Doom II: No Rest for the Living

Missable trophies: THE BIG GUN, Finder of Secrets, Knuckle Sammich, DOOMed Lumberjack, Berserker

Glitched trophies: None

Do cheat codes disable trophies?: No cheats

Does difficulty affect trophies?: No

This really is the grandfather of all modern shooters. Doom was the first big three dimensional shooter as well as being the first really controversial game. This game is all run and gun, and key fetching. It's extremely primitive when compared to modern shooters, but no less fun. It just takes a bit of getting used to. Enjoy the multiple journeys through Hell.

Walkthrough

[1.0] Highway to Hell x6

There's really only one step to this road map, play through all six parts of the Collection; Ultimate Doom, Doom II, TNT: Evilution, The Plutonia Experiment, Doom II: Master Levels, and No Rest for the Living. Fortunately, you can complete all of these on the easiest difficulty. That doesn't make all levels a breeze, but it certainly does help. There will be some levels in which the number of demons will overwhelm you, so make sure to save frequently. Each portion of the game is separate, so weapons and items don't carry over. Be warned, the Master Levels and the Final Doom expansions (TNT: Evilution and The Plutonia Experiment) are tougher and will seriously test you.

[2.0] Cleaning Up, If Needed

If you complete all six parts of the Collection and somehow don't have the remaining trophies (I had them all before completing Doom 1 all the way through), then now is the time to go back and collect them. A good proportion of them are technically missable, but you really need to try to miss some of them. Others can be missed just by not knowing how the game works. There isn't a level select option, so you will have to complete unnecessary portions of the game before you can get the trophies that you want.

The trophy that will give you the most trouble is likely to be Knuckle Sammich. Make use of the method detailed in the guide if you're stuggling.

Edited by Puzzler
Editorial sweep

Trophy Guide

spacer.png DOOMed to Die Young (S)

Complete the Ultimate DOOM single player campaign on "I'm Too Young to Die!" or higher.

Story related. Simply complete all four episodes (Knee Deep in the Dead, The Shores of Hell, Inferno, and Thy Flesh Consumed) of Doom on any difficulty level. “I’m Too Young to Die!” is the lowest difficulty, so playing on that will make things easier and quicker. It should also be noted that you do not need to complete any secret levels for the trophy.

If you’re stuck in a level, please refer to the Doom Wiki for level walkthroughs. There are links to each level’s walkthrough with a map:

Knee Deep in the Dead - Knee-Deep in the Dead - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

The Shores of Hell - The Shores of Hell - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

Inferno - Inferno - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

Thy Flesh Consumed - Thy Flesh Consumed - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

spacer.png DOOMed to Die Young Again (S)

Complete the DOOM 2: Hell on Earth single player campaign on "I'm Too Young to Die!" or higher.

Story related. Simply complete all 32 levels of Doom II on any difficulty level. “I’m Too Young to Die!” is the lowest difficulty, so playing on that will make things easier and quicker. It should also be noted that you do not need to complete any secret levels for the trophy.

If you’re stuck in a level, please refer to the Doom Wiki for level walkthroughs. There are links to each level’s walkthrough with a map:

Doom II - Doom II - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

spacer.png Evilution Theory (S)

Complete the Final DOOM: TNT Evilution single player campaign on "I'm Too Young to Die!" or higher.

Story related. Simply complete all 30 levels of TNT Evilution on any difficulty level. “I’m Too Young to Die!” is the lowest difficulty, so playing on that will make things easier and quicker. It should also be noted that you do not need to complete any secret levels for the trophy.

TNT: Evilution - TNT: Evilution - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

spacer.png Plutonia is DOOMed (S)

Complete the Final DOOM: Plutonia Experiment single player campaign on "I'm Too Young to Die!" or higher.

Story related. Simply complete all 30 levels of The Plutonia Experiment on any difficulty level. “I’m Too Young to Die!” is the lowest difficulty, so playing on that will make things easier and quicker. It should also be noted that you do not need to complete any secret levels for the trophy.

The Plutonia Experiment - The Plutonia Experiment - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

spacer.png Master Levels Master (S)

Complete the DOOM 2: Master Levels single player campaign on "I'm Too Young to Die!" or higher.

Story related. Simply complete all 21 levels of the Doom II: Master Levels on any difficulty level. “I’m Too Young to Die!” is the lowest difficulty, so playing on that will make things easier and quicker. It should also be noted that you do not need to complete any secret levels for the trophy.

Master Levels - Master Levels for Doom II - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

spacer.png Dead and Rested (S)

Complete the DOOM 2: No Rest for the Living single player campaign on "I'm Too Young to Die!" or higher.

Story related. Simply complete all eight levels of Doom II: No Rest for the Living on any difficulty level. “I’m Too Young to Die!” is the lowest difficulty, so playing on that will make things easier and quicker. It should also be noted that you do not need to complete any secret levels for the trophy.

No Rest for the Living - No Rest for the Living - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

Edited by olsen77
Editorial sweep

spacer.png Level Entry (B)

Complete any Level in any difficulty in singleplayer.

Easiest trophy in the game. You’ll get this after completing any level. The difficulty doesn’t matter at all.

spacer.png 100% Level (B)

Complete a Level with 100% Kills, Items and Secrets in singleplayer.

The first level in Doom 1 is probably the easiest to do this on. There are fewer enemies on easier difficulties, so there won’t be many to kill. Getting 100% of the items doesn’t mean that you have to pick them all up. If you can’t pick them up because you have the maximum amount of ammo, health, or armor, you just have to walk over the item and it will register. There are two secrets to be found in this level also. Use this video from wolvogamer on Youtube to find both of them:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syZIZb1WpMs]Doom 1 HD - Doom BFG Edition - Level 1 - 100% Secrets - YouTube[/ame]

Level to replay: Doom 1, Episode 1, Level 1

spacer.png THE BIG GUN (B)

Find a BFG in singleplayer.

The BFG9000 is the ultimate weapon in Doom. In Doom 1, you won’t find one until Episode 3, Level 3. In Doom II, the earliest would be the eighth level, Tricks and Traps. This is the gun that you’re looking for:

spacer.png

You will probably get the BFG before then, but in Doom 1, Episode 4, Mission 6, you cannot miss it. It's right along your path to the exit.

Level to replay: Doom 1, Episode 3, Mission 3 or Episode 4, Mission 6

spacer.png Finder of Secrets (B)

Find a Secret in any Level in singleplayer.

See 100% Level.

spacer.png Knuckle Sammich (B)

Kill a CyberDemon with your fists in singleplayer.

This is a pretty annoying trophy, but there is an exploit you can use to make it easier; abuse the save function. The first place that you’ll encounter a CyberDemon is in the last level of Doom 1, Episode 2, but it will also appear periodically in later Doom 1 episodes and Doom II. The basic idea is to soften the CyberDemon up with rockets, the BFG, or plasma rifle, save, and then slowly wear him down until one punch will kill it. I’ll let lilpuddy31, who the credit goes to, explain further:

lilpuddy31 said:
I've got it on the final level of the second episode of Doom 1. The trick is to save every few shots. Unload a few rockets into him, save, repeat til a rocket will kill him, them take out your pistol and save. Fire a few shots with the pistol into him, and save, repeat until 1 shot kills him. Now stand back and watch him, he does a little pattern when it comes to shooting his rockets, usual 3 or 5, slight pause, and he will fire a few again and then start walking a little bit. That your chance to run up to him and knock him out... It may take a few tries but it certainly is possible...

Level to replay: Doom 1, Episode 2, Level 8 or Doom II, Level 8

As an alternate method if you don't want to try the constant saving method, Naulziator has provided a location in Doom II to try this that may be easier:

Naulziator said:
Knuckle Sammich should not be attempted until Doom 2 Lvl 8 (Tricks & Traps). It's in the first room you're required to enter in order to progress. A proper save at the beginning of this level will suffice.

Let Cyber duke it out with the herd of hell knights and help him out a little, w/out picking up any of the invulnerability orbs. If only Cyber survives, save, pick up an orb and run up to the guy. The white wash effect lasts 30 seconds, making you immune to his stomping attack.

So there’s no confusion, this is the guy that you’re after:

spacer.png

spacer.png DOOMed Lumberjack (B)

Kill 20 enemies with your chainsaw on a single map in singleplayer.

The first time that you’ll be able to find a chainsaw is in Doom 1, Episode 1, Level 2. To find it, first find the red keycard. Once you’re through that door, go to the right and into the room with the toxic slime. Flip the switch on the pillar on the small island and then head back the way that you came. Directly ahead, a new room should have opened up. Head to the right until you find yourself in a corridor with several green barrels and a green armor pick up. Shoot or punch the wall behind the green armor to find the passage to the chainsaw.

Once you have it, simply cut your way through any level with the chainsaw. Use it until the trophy unlocks. Be warned, there are far fewer enemies on easier difficulties. There are just enough enemies in Doom 1, Episode 1, Level 3 on “I’m too young to die” to get this trophy.

Levels to replay: Doom 1, Episode 1, Levels 2 and 3

spacer.png Berserker (B)

Kill 20 enemies while in berserker mode on a single map in singleplayer.

Berserker mode is triggered by finding a black box that looks like a black version of one of the large health picks ups. When you get one, your screen is tinted red and your weapon defaults to the brass knuckles. Once that is activated, you just need to run around and kill 20 enemies with the brass knuckles. If you don't get 20 kills while your screen is tinted red, don't worry. Berserker mode will still be active. The only way to deactivate it is to either finish the level (which will prevent you from getting the trophy anyway since it has to be all on one level) or by dying. You can also switch weapons during Berserker mode and it will still count. It’s just a matter of finding Berserker early enough in a level, or in a level with enough enemies that you can kill 20.

Level to replay: Doom 1, Episode 2, Level 2

Edited by olsen77
Editorial sweep

Knuckle Sammich should not be attempted until Doom 2 Lvl 8 (Tricks & Traps). It's in the first room you're required to enter in order to progress. A proper save at the beginning of this level will suffice.

Let Cyber duke it out with the herd of hell knights and help him out a little, w/out picking up any of the invulnerability orbs. If only Cyber survives, save, pick up an orb and run up to the guy. The white wash effect lasts 30 seconds, making you immune to his stomping attack.

I'll add it to the guide as an alternative location if they don't want to do the save manipulation. I'm on that level now and it is a good room because of all the barons and multiple invincibility orbs.

There's another spot in Doom 2 that features a Cyberdemon/Spiderdemon cage match. The level's called 'Gotcha!' and it is a 'requirement' to have the 2 bosses duke it out w/each other so you can reach a switch. Usually Spider wins, but if you distract her enough times, Cyber can take her down. It's just a matter of making your way to Cyber's platform without getting smacked by one of his rockets once the fight's over.

I cannot remember at all if there's an invulnerability orb nearby, but there is supposed to be an Arch-Vile in the next room, so tread carefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys just wondering, do the keys in Doom (all levels/games in this package) work the same way like in Wolfenstein 3D where they open doors to exit levels or are they just collectibles and aren't essential for exiting levels and not needed? I played Doom years ago and have totally forgot, I was more a fan of Wolfenstein 3D so I know keys on that games levels are needed to exit levels.

Found my answer quickly and they're needed to open doors. I don't know why I thought otherwise.

For Berserker I found the easiest level is on Doom 2: No Rest for the Living, Level 1. Just walk forward, activate the UAC column and behind it is a Berserker power-up. So it's found straight away and most enemies in the level are shoulders, so one punch and they're dead.

Edited by JHChiBulls

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/1814/722.jpg DOOMed to Die Young Again (S)

Complete the DOOM 2: Hell on Earth single player campaign on "I'm Too Young to Die!" or higher.

Story related. Simply complete all 32 levels of Doom II on any difficulty level. “I’m Too Young to Die!” is the lowest difficulty, so playing on that will make things easier and quicker. It should also be noted that you do not need to complete any secret levels for the trophy.

Doom II - Doom II - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

Just thought I it was worth mentioning (even though some might know already)... 30 of the levels of doom 2 are the story, 2 are bonus. The 2 bonus levels aren't needed to be completed in order to obtain the trophy.

Great guide btw. :)

• 3 months later...

For "Knuckle Sammich" there is a great spot in Doom II, Map 10 - Refueling Base. There is a section of caves where you can sneak up on a Cyberdemon without "waking" him. It's a pretty enclosed area and contains an invulnerability sphere. Assuming you grabbed a berserk pack earlier in the map, you should have more than enough time to punch him to death before the effects of the sphere wear off. My brother and I used to do this for fun back in the day with this game on PC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Knuckle Sammich can be also earned in Ultimate Doom Episode 3 map 9. (for those who go through each games in order) The secret level can be accessed via E3M6, Mount Erebus. (just look up guide to know how to access it)

Anyway E3M9 is almost an exact copy of E3M1, except where E3M1 would normally end the map continues. There's 2 invincibility sphere, one in the cyberdemon room and the other a bit further in the level.

Now once you reach where E3M1 normally end, walls will lower revealing a much bigger room, the cyberdemon is inside that room but he won't "wake" up until he sees you, so just go backtrack, you'll meet 2 cacodemon in the first room and in the second room there will be a baron of hell, kill him and go where he was, you'll see 4 lost souls and a berserk pack which will come in handy for killing the cyberdemon.

I just shoot 3 or 4 BFG shots at him and wear him down with about 15-20 plasma shot then i grab the invincibility in his room. You just need to dodge all three missiles and punch him.

• 1 month later...

I doubt anyone will see this question, but I'm going to try anyway. My trophies are glitched! I beat the four levels of 'ultimate doom', but didn't get the trophy. I've replayed it probably three times, nothing. Some of the other trophies have popped, though. (The non story related ones) BFG, chainsaw, 100% a level and a few more. I decided to start Doom 2 and see if that trophy pops. Sucks though... That's 30 levels. Don't get me wrong, I love playing the game regardless. But I also want the trophies that come with it.

I've searched everywhere on the internet, but I haven't come across one person with this problem. Either not a lot of people bought this version, or I'm the only person with this problem. Lol

If anyone has any ideas, PM me or add me on PSN (in case this thread gets locked) my tag is Gators_win

I doubt anyone will see this question, but I'm going to try anyway. My trophies are glitched! I beat the four levels of 'ultimate doom', but didn't get the trophy. I've replayed it probably three times, nothing. Some of the other trophies have popped, though. (The non story related ones) BFG, chainsaw, 100% a level and a few more. I decided to start Doom 2 and see if that trophy pops. Sucks though... That's 30 levels. Don't get me wrong, I love playing the game regardless. But I also want the trophies that come with it.

I've searched everywhere on the internet, but I haven't come across one person with this problem. Either not a lot of people bought this version, or I'm the only person with this problem. Lol

If anyone has any ideas, PM me or add me on PSN (in case this thread gets locked) my tag is Gators_win

The only 2 things I can suggest are:

1: Delete and reinstall the game.

Or

2: Backup your saves then delete them from the Hard Drive and start again :(.

First, thanks for replying. I didn't think I would get a response. Not only did you respond, you did it quickly! As for your suggestions, I tried both. Unfortunately, it didn't work ):

To clarify, I said, doom 2 was 30 levels. That wasn't completely accurate. I'm going to try the one with eight levels, (doom 2: no rest for the living) and see if I get a trophy for it. Thanks again!

• 11 months later...

I have the problem with the Ultimate Doom, too...

I played all 4 episodes and get all trophies but not the trophy for completing Ultimate Doom.

I have two theories... in Episode 4 in Level 2 I died the first time (in the whole Episode 1-3 not) so is the problem due to the death?

Or my second idea is, I did the trophy in which you must kill the cyberdemon with your fist and for this I everytime save, load, save, load... so maybe that is the problem?

So must I only play episode 3 or episode 4 again to get the trophy?

When no one has a solution I will just delete the game and the savegames and play everything again and hope it will work this time.

Edited by AlphaJinRo

I doubt it's either of the issues you mentioned above. I ran through all of DOOM on Ultraviolence and died a few times along the way (goddamn Perfect Hatred) and my trophy popped fine. I also did the whole die/reload until I got Knuckle Sammich down right on E3M9, so it can't be that either. Oh, and the first time I died in Perfect Hatred I didn't even bother to reload, just respawned and went from there as I had no ammo as it was, so dying and respawning without loading can't cause it either.