General Trophy Discussion

olsen77

• 8 months later...

Lame list for 36 + 32 + 32 + 32 + 21 = 153 levels...

No gold... at all, as usual...

Talking about gold: why the fuck there are never golds in any DLC???

Except in "Dead Nation" and "LA Noire", I've never seen any.

Maybe my knowledge is limited...

Edited by DEDEURM

i can't believe this has final doom and master levels, but the bfg edition didnt. i wonder if the wolfenstein levels in this are censored like they were in bfg edition.

anyway, at least now i dont have to buy something that includes awful doom 3 to get my sweet doom fix on the ps3. looks like a pretty easy 100% too, more of a time commitment than anything.

All of Fallout 3's DLC's have golds too.

As does Mirror's Edge's Pure Time Trails DLC.

If I remember right some of the Borderlands & Borderlands 2 extra content has gold trophies too.

Anyway, as someone asked, Plutonia and TNT Evilution are 32 level expansion packs for Doom II essentially. They were made by a couple of fans, but ID liked them enough to publish them. There's some really solid level design in there, including the infamous Archvile maze map 'Hunted'.

All of Fallout 3's DLC's have golds too.

As does Mirror's Edge's Pure Time Trails DLC.

If I remember right some of the Borderlands & Borderlands 2 extra content has gold trophies too.

Alright alright my bad, but it seems to be very rare anyway...

For Final Doom & Master Levels, with that potential, they could have done a better list. Waste.

I will never understand that.

Just a heads up. From what I heard, the TNT levels don't include the fix for Map 31 (no yellow key) so just don't go to the secret exit and you should be fine.

So they just copy/paste the original without fixing anything?

Some secret areas are still unreachable in some levels too (Episode 4 from Doom for example).

what are TNT, Evilution, and Plutonia? Cause those are really the only reasons I wanna get this... And Master Levels, I have it on PC but it won't run because my PC is too good.

A bit late but hopefully you will read this. TNT: Evilution (the same) and Plutonia are the names of two 32 level campaigns that were released in a package called Final Doom. One takes place on a moon of Jupiter and the other one on Earth.. I believe.

While some people would call it the 'true' Doom 3 (it came out after Doom 2), it's more of a standalone expansion pack for Doom 2. So you got 64 levels in total of really rough and tough gameplay. They assumed you finished both Doom 1 and Doom 2 on at least ultra-violence before jumping on those.

To answer your original question, yes you should get them if you want some good Doom gameplay. Good luck. I played them and they are hella fun although a bit confusing at times (huge maps) and can be unforgiving for someone that doesn't master Doom gameplay.

Edited by forwardarea

Just a heads up. From what I heard, the TNT levels don't include the fix for Map 31 (no yellow key) so just don't go to the secret exit and you should be fine.

I finished Map 15: Dead Zone, Map 31: Pharaoh and Map 32: Caribbean this morning. Map 31 has the Yellow Key near the Pharaoh Tomb where it is supposed to be. :dance:

• 1 year later...

I think my trophies are glitched. I finished the first four levels of 'ultimate doom', but didn't get a trophy for it. Some trophies have popped, though. BFG, 100% level, chainsaw and a few more non story related trophies. If anyone has any ideas, please tell me. I'm going to finish doom 2 and see if it pops. Maybe it's just ultimate doom that is glitched. Smh...

• 2 years later...

Sorry for feeding an old thread but I had to...

If I look at my trophylist, there are 16 games that has DLC containing trophies:

LittleBigPlanet 2 has 3 gold trophies (has 4 dlc-packs)

LittleBigPlanet 3 has 1

ModNation Racers has also 3 (one in every dlc-pack)

Naughty Bear has 1 (has two dlc-packs)

Scott Pilgrim has 1 (has two dlc-packs)

Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 both have 1 gold trophy

And then there is Dead Nation... So half of my games with DLC have at least one gold trophy.