Question about "Unarmed Badass" trophy

fikoantunes

Trophy descripton: "Kill 20 enemies with the fists/melee hands in DOOM 3".

MY question: does it count if you first soften the enemy first with some gunshots - and then you go unarmed for the killing blow?

I ask because I'm playing on Veteran and the unarmed zombies (my target for a bare hand kill) do a lot of damage with their slam attacks... So I need to soften them wtih some shots before ever trying to get closer.

I'm almost sure I had killed more than 20 with this way, but no trophy unlocked so far. :confused:I'm wondering if worked in a similar way. Thanks in advance.

Funny timing, I was just looking for the same answer myself. I've also been playing on Veteran, and been softening up zombies with three shots before putting them down with two good punches; it feels like I've had at least 20, but no trophy, and the video guides I've seen show dudes playing on Recruit, using only fists.

So, not sure if anyone will see this who has the definitive answer, but it looks like it may be a fists-only trophy. I'll let you know if I have any luck (I should know a little bit later if it works to shoot them first).

Well, just got the trophy. But it's definitely bugged.

What I did: after noticing I've already killed more than 20 guys using the method described above (soften enemies with gunshots first and than bare-hand kill them), I decided to go for a clean, 100% punch-only killing. By the time I killed the second guy this way the trophy unlocked.

My conclusion: I think it might be necessary for the the trophy to unlock some "pure" bare-hands kills (without any gunshot before). Hope it works for other people too.

Well, just got the trophy. But it's definitely bugged.

What I did: after noticing I've already killed more than 20 guys using the method described above (soften enemies with gunshots first and than bare-hand kill them), I decided to go for a clean, 100% punch-only killing. By the time I killed the second guy this way the trophy unlocked.

My conclusion: I think it might be necessary for the the trophy to unlock some "pure" bare-hands kills (without any gunshot before). Hope it works for other people too.

It worked the same way for me!

• 2 years later...

This could be true. I did this trophy from the beginning of the game (on "Marine"), getting some "pure" bare-hand kills when I could and also those where I used gunshots before the final blow. I unlocked this at the start of the "Alpha Labs Sector 1" (when you come out to the elevator, you can kill 2-3 zombies quite easily just with your bare-hands - just hit, dodge/back off, hit).