speed run, do I still have enough time?

lilpuddy31

• 2 weeks later...
It's incredibly easy to beat 10hrs, don't know why it is a gold... the nightmare trophy would have been a better gold. I managed to record trophy videos, get all the PDAs, Videos and Lockers and STILL beat 10hrs. Final time was 9hrs 10mins.

And on top of that, I managed to beat nightmare getting all PDA's, Lockers, and Videos in around 6hours lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
ok pple maybe this a dump question but i have juz entered the enpro level with a playtime of 1hr and 46mins am i on good track for speedrun trophy?

You should be fine. It's really not hard to beat the 10hr time limit.

I did my first playthrough on Ultraviolence (it shouldn't be veteran, damn it) and the only time I've played it before I only just got past the Vagary. I missed a few PDA's but I backtracked for health stations quite a few times, plus got lost in Delta a couple of times too. Still managed to beat the game with over half an hour to spare.

I reached Delta at around 5:15 and the Site at around 8:45. If you can aim for that you'll be fine, especially if you don't get lost and/or aren't playing on a harder difficulty.

You should be fine. It's really not hard to beat the 10hr time limit.

I did my first playthrough on Ultraviolence (it shouldn't be veteran, damn it) and the only time I've played it before I only just got past the Vagary. I missed a few PDA's but I backtracked for health stations quite a few times, plus got lost in Delta a couple of times too. Still managed to beat the game with over half an hour to spare.

I reached Delta at around 5:15 and the Site at around 8:45. If you can aim for that you'll be fine, especially if you don't get lost and/or aren't playing on a harder difficulty.

thanks for feedback and tips m8 :)

• 2 months later...

If you are still having trouble, here are some waypoints:

1. Reached Alpha Labs at 1:30
  2. Reached Monorail Skybridge at 4:00
  3. Reached Delta at 4:50
  4. Revisited Delta after Hell at 7:00
  5. Reached Site 3 at 8:00
  6. Completed the game at 9:00

I played on Nightmare, collected all PDA, Videos and Lockers. Also I killed every Enemy.

So you should be really fine, especially on lower difficulties and/or if you skip enemies.

• 3 months later...

Running through the game, in Alpha Labs 3 area at 2 and a half hours roughly. Am I doing well for time? I mean, I do take the time to have a look around for PDAs, ammo and stuff like that as well, so I'm not sure.

I'm hoping I am doing well for time, but if not and I miss out on the trophy in the end, ah well, I know to go back through on Recruit just in case XD

Ahaha.

Speed run is a total joke. On my first recruit playthrough I collected all items, I often left Doom 3 running without pausing game in safe places and went to my kitchen to cook a hamburger. I also viewed videon guide with collectables without pausing game )))

When I killed Cyberdemon and trophy popped I was surprised and check my game time for the first time. It was 9:21 :applause:

This is not a speedrun - this is a slowpoke detector trophy :D

• 3 weeks later...
I think I must be the world's slowest gamer. I probably did way too much exploring on the first part, but have just hit Delta 5 after Hell, and am at 8 hours exactly.

Do I have any chance of getting through under 10 hours? :eek:

So I made it with about 5 minutes to spare. I did have to move efficiently at the end, but it is doable. I don't think I could have cut it much closer.

For anyone who reads this, I was about an hour behind Teddy's times above, although I did catch up a bit and was 8:45 upon arrival at the Site.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

A bit more data for those who may be concerned they've taken too long.

In anticipation for the new DOOM, I bought the BFG Edition in October to replay the game and get into the DooM universe again. Well, I played about half way then didn't touch it again until a few days ago, and I must of left my game running unpaused in October because I had a time of 6hrs 50min when first reaching Delta Labs!

I picked up the pace since I now knew about the Trophy, and beat the game with 10 minutes to spare, admittedly I am very familiar with DooM 3, so you may have to learn the levels etc.

Anyway, I deleted my earlier saves, but here are times from Delta Labs onwards I had:

Delta 1 - 6:50:11

Delta 2a - 7:14:31

Delta 2b - 7:36:46

Delta 3 - 7:57:00

Delta 4 - 8:15:13

Hell: Deleted this save

Delta 5 - 8:38:53

Central Processing - 9:03:05

Central Server Banks - 9:13:48

Site 3 - 9:23:54

Caverns 1 - Deleted this save

Caverns 2 - 9:40:30

Primary Excavation Site - 9:44:16

End Credits - 9:50:13

So even with a completely smegged up time, you can make it. This was on Marine by the way, even though j missed one PDA in Monorail, so have to collect them again on Nightmare anyway xD

• 1 year later...

I've just reached Hell (right after fighting the first two Hell Knights) and my total time is currently 7:10. Do you think I still can get the speed run trophy in a no-rush style?

I've just reached Hell (right after fighting the first two Hell Knights) and my total time is currently 7:10. Do you think I still can get the speed run trophy in a no-rush style?

Well I ended up reaching the final boss after around 9:10. I just got the trophy this morning. I got a bit worried because when I reached Site 3 I knew there were not many levels left, but I found Site 3 and Caverns Area 1 to be longer than I thought. Nevertheless I had plenty of time.

Edited by Robinworldwide
Double post, please use the edit or multi-quote button.