Double plat question

skroq

I have just got this on the vita and I finished the PS3 version on Monday.

I saved the PS3 to the cloud and then restored it to the Vita and got 30% of the trophies.

They did not pop automatically, I had to replay from my last save (the final time corridor) and then I got the trophies for finishing the game on hard, medium and under 300 mins and I also got the collectable ones.

I am now replaying on easy to clear up the level related ones. Also noticed that when I pressed the Tardis button once I got the trophy for doing it 10 times, same thing seems to work with scans and kills.

I have just got this on the vita and I finished the PS3 version on Monday.

I saved the PS3 to the cloud and then restored it to the Vita and got 30% of the trophies.

They did not pop automatically, I had to replay from my last save (the final time corridor) and then I got the trophies for finishing the game on hard, medium and under 300 mins and I also got the collectable ones.

I am now replaying on easy to clear up the level related ones. Also noticed that when I pressed the Tardis button once I got the trophy for doing it 10 times, same thing seems to work with scans and kills.

Ok so its not just copy the data then instant plat. Youve still got to work for it. Lol good to know.

Just got the platinum and wanted to give some additional tips.

After doing a sync and finishing the final time corridor on my hard puzzle save file I started a completely new game as you need to get all of the story related trophies.

At the end of this play through I still had “fast on your feet” and a couple of others to get, so I used one of the original save files to do level select and did not get the trophy!!

Retired on the Vita save file and they all unlocked at the correct time, may have just been my save but you may as well stick to the Vita save for all additional trophies.

What sucks is I got the Plat back when ps3 game was released. The whole cloud sync and all was a listed feature way before launch. The vita version was then delayed 4 months. The August ps3 patch wipes the stats from the original gamesave. I still have my original save in the PS+ cloud backed up. They choose to ignore any email/twitter communication about the problem that affected all. Another crappy dev and game, so for now screw replaying it on vita.

What sucks is I got the Plat back when ps3 game was released. The whole cloud sync and all was a listed feature way before launch. The vita version was then delayed 4 months. The August ps3 patch wipes the stats from the original gamesave. I still have my original save in the PS+ cloud backed up. They choose to ignore any email/twitter communication about the problem that affected all. Another crappy dev and game, so for now screw replaying it on vita.

If you dl the patch then get your save file from the cloud then is everythink a-ok? Except for the fact that it was deleted in the first place... But you can do that and still try this vita sync for some of the more tedious trophies, right?

Nope it only lets you have a new game and no collectibles. If i re-download the game and don't do patch, old save still fine. Same for everyone that bought ps3 game originally. Sucks too since they won't even acknowledge it, tell you to email support and no reply either.

UPDATE! Tweeted game dev personal account and he is currently working on fixing whew! :)

Edited by JimmyHACK

I had been avoiding the patch due to problems reported by JimmyHACK and others (and because I am also an old owner of the game pre-patch), but chose to finally try it today. Seemingly kept my save, so I saved it to the cloud. Loading it up on the Vita, however, did not work. Got an error message saying "Unable to complete operation: current online ID does not match that of Cloud data", which at least one other person has also received.

Hello,

OK, so I have platted VIta version and bought the PS3 one. I downloaded the patch on PS3 and tried to sync. I got a same error response as the person above: current online ID does not match that of Cloud data.

WTF?? Anyway I made a world record playing PS3 version (shortest time to plat): 4h 45min :) I think it could be done even in 4hours.

Back to the subject of double plat

So am I right in assuming this is one of the 'Accumulated shares' games, ie where all collected progress is shared, and trophies pop on starting other version for such trophies, but all 'Do this specific thing X times' needs to be done on both, or the BlazBlue-cross as I like to call it since it was the first game that had it (and the only one I played where it actually works like the dev says it should)

Closer to the latter according to posts on the first page of this topic. Seems you need to replay from the last save to get it to pop up ones like completing the game fast/on certain difficulties. Apparently "do thing x times" pops up when doing it again one more time, but level-specific trophies require a new game where you actually play the levels.

So I am confused, when reading the description of the vita game on the PS store, it says that there is a one off fee for 2 vita downloads and 2 console downloads, I bought and platted the vita version but when trying to get the PS3 version I am being told I have to pay 13.99....

do you have to pay for both versions or it the new ps3 ps-store (pile of shite in my opinion) getting it wrong?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ugh whats the point in having double platinums if number 1 - it doesnt work properly and number 2 - you dont get both games?

worked perfect on motorstorm rc, got the vita plat in 2 minutes i think.

i see the vita one is £7.99 which is much cheaper than the one on the PSN for PS3 or indeed the disc version (which i rented, much harder than i ever expected, couldnt do certain bits kill free and one bit i just couldnt get past and it was early on too) but im not sure i should give it another chance. plus i guess its best to play on ps3 then sync to the vita one, but ill wait till they are both cheap before thinking of that.

• 3 months later...

Okay heres a definitive answer.

If you import a plat save from one console to another and beat Time Corridor 3 on Hard you will unlock ALL the hat and diary page trophies, flying doctor, High IQ, Timey wimey, Puzzler and universal destruction averted.

You will then have to beat majority of the game for the story related trophies.

Hope this helps.:D

• 1 month later...
Okay heres a definitive answer.

If you import a plat save from one console to another and beat Time Corridor 3 on Hard you will unlock ALL the hat and diary page trophies, flying doctor, High IQ, Timey wimey, Puzzler and universal destruction averted.

You will then have to beat majority of the game for the story related trophies.

Hope this helps.:D

That clarifies a lot -- did you import from Vita to PS3, or PS3 to Vita. I have both versions, but my Vita gets more play time than the PS3 due to the kids ;)