Rate the trophy difficulty...  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_4.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.97

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

Voted a 3, it's very glitchy and the AI on the second character is terrible. But as a huge Doctor Who fan I still loved playing for the most part.

The Silurian boss section (kept getting hit when i was River) and the bridges on the Cyberfactory on hard were the worst bits for me. Finishing it on Hard first was the best strategy as it made the 'Flying Doctor' trophy much easier.

I was only missing 4 hats & 6 pages at the end of the first playthrough and most of them were in obvious places too.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/1368/PalmerVillain.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

About a 3. Some of the bugs don't seem to affect the majority of players, so on the whole they don't really make any difference. Most of the collectibles are easy to find; it's only when you're just missing a few that they become more difficult to find. The time-based trophies (such as Quick Getaway and Deleted) are all very easy, because the levels can just be quickly accessed on Easy difficulty. The only awkward trophies are the ones that span the entire game, such as Flying Doctor; the problem with these is that they sometimes require you to start a whole new game, or else they won't unlock. For example, with the Puzzler trophy, I initially didn't receive it upon completing the game because I had briefly changed the difficulty to Easy to complete one particularly irritating level featuring the Cybermen. It would therefore make sense for the trophy to unlock for me upon completing that level a second time, while retaining the Medium difficulty, and yet I still received no trophy.

a 7 please dont bash me

this was 1 of the hardest plats i got. i know its a 2 or 3 rating so it must be me that is bad at platformers. i had so many moments i nearly give up but i did keep going for it even when i nearly give up. this happened 4 times and the only games who did this to me where dark souls and dead nation (i didnt plat dead nation though). a 2 or 3 game doesnt do that to me. even a 5 to 6 dont give me much stress. i dont vote 9 like i did with dark souls (wel i think i voted 9) because the last 6 hours when going for the speedrun trophie i became pretty good in it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Got my pat today. I'd give it a 5. Some of those puzzles are pretty tough on hard when you throw in some harsh time limits as well.

Overall I really enjoyed it but I guess being a Doctor Who fan helps I doubt I'd like to play another sideway scrolling platform game any time soon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I went with a 4. While the gameplay itself isn't overly difficult, in many places I found myself really not knowing what to do. There really isn't much in terms of direction, and some of the steps aren't intuitive. The combat and plat forming is very basic.

The puzzles themselves weren't too bad once you sorted out the pattern, with the exception of the Mind Map puzzles. I still have no idea how I solved them :think:

The biggest issue in my opinion, is this game really needs a walk through to finish. Apart from the collectables, most of the trophies are also hidden. That's fine for progression based trophies, but a number of these required specific actions in certain locations. I prefer to use guides only as an occasional reference, but this game really needs you to pay close attention to one.

• 1 month later...

Voted it a 3/10. The speed run trophies are very easy to do, and I got a few on my first hard playthrough, including the Flying Doctor. The puzzles on hard, especially the mind map ones, are a pain in the ass at first, but once you figure out how they work even those become easy to pull off quickly.

All in all there's nothing difficult nor time consuming about the game if you're using a guide for the collectibles.

• 2 months later...

I gave it a solid 3. Not too hard (even on hard puzzles), aside from a few of the time limited puzzles on hard (I'm looking at you circuit-swith puzzles on the Cybermen ship).

I actually really enjoyed this. Yes, after experiencing TLoU's Ellie and Bio Infinite's Elizabeth, River Song's AI is ruthlessly terrible. But I had fun with it. The puzzles were fun. And I thought Matt Smith and Alex Kingston put a solid effort in their VO work, whereas most games like this, real actors tend to phone it in.

If you aren't a Whovian, I couldn't recommend this. But, if you stare at statues of angels, shout "allons-y" whenever you are off somewhere and always count your shadows, PLAY IT!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I give this a 4. The hard difficulty and flying doctor glitch did not work for me. I first played it with the patch, then deleted everything and tried the trick without the patch, finally I just started anew with the patch and completed it on hard. Anyways the hard puzzles aren't too bad except for the consoles in the Ninth Legion. I struggled for like 45 minutes during this part. The other hard parts are not puzzle related but glitchy AI and dying to blasters and such. Anyways I was rather annoyed that I had a complete playthrough that had no benefit. I also bought the vita version and the cloud save didn't work at all, so I guess that's another 2 playthroughs to total 5. oh well I think I can run through the game pretty quick by now.

• 5 months later...

4/10 for vita version.

Nice game with cool soundtrack. At first puzzles on hard were very annoying, but after some practice its not so bad. First half of the game is the hardest, because you need to finish some hard puzzles in a short period of time, but after that all things will be very easy.