Is this game any good?

Personally I think this game is awful. I'm a massive Doctor Who fan, but I can't play this. I didn't think it was going to be great, but I thought it might not be too bad. The puzzles are infuriating, and the game is really glitchy.

I think Doctor Who has such potential to be a great game.

The Adventure Games that you can download for free from the BBC website are better than this, and they're only decent when you consider they're free.

I thought the game was alot of fun over all, and I got lucky when playing and didn't see any glitches till my third playthrough.

Over all the story felt right in place with Dr.Who and alot of fun, well done gameplay minus the ai that can be dumb as bricks and over all simple but well done puzzles, they mostly made me think of the dead space psn game.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I love everything Doctor Who, but sadly this game is pretty freaking bad. There are some awful AI bugs (even after the sizable patch) to the point where I had to restart the game multiple times because I was completely stuck without any options, the puzzles are bland and/or needlessly frustrating, and the overall difficulty of the game is relentless at times. The best things about it are the music, taken right from the show, and Matt Smith and Alex Kingston's excellent VA work, in which their characters are well-represented and they get some very clever lines. Even for hardcore Who fans, I wouldn't suggest throwing down $10 for this game. I'm just playing through it to get a few more trophies now. I've only played the PS3 version, though, so I'm not sure how well the PSVita and PC versions fare in comparison. If you want a good Eleventh Doctor video game, I suggest playing one of the 'Doctor Who: The Adventure Games' titles on PC. They're fairly simplistic, but solid fun.

• 2 weeks later...

Vita version wasn't too bad. Only a couple of minor glitches. Seems the console version is a lot buggier.

Game was ok. Probably the lack of full games on the Vita is the only reason I got it (and I needed to spend $50 to get the promo $10 rebate....). Certainly not the worst game I've played, although the dialogue was brutally annoying on those robots :boom:

At $10 it isn't bad, if you compare it to a full priced retail game at $40-60. It's at least as good as a lot of the PSN titles (similarly priced), and has a full trophy list.

That said, for the Vita, RocketBirds (at $5.99) and Dokuro (at $6.99) are both better value and brilliant games compared to this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...