Is there an easy way to get SSS ranking?

kane292

There's not necessarily an easy way, but I do feel it's not explained well. Here's some info from our sister site that I found on the PSNProfile trophy tip:

SSS Nephilim Requirements - XboxAchievements.com

The combo multiplier system is explained which may help you.

Personally, I tried to start off every fight with the Aquila's "But in" combo (:l2: + :triangle:, :triangle:...:triangle:) to group enemies together and then go from there. I'm not sure, but I think the game gives better multipliers/bonuses for damage output over hits connected which is why Demon Dodge seems to work well.

Edited by rotoninja

Thanks for the link

And i got the game from psn+

Can i delete the patch without deleting the game?

I would be interested in this - I got mine from PS+. Cant seem to find a patch the info on the game says 1.01

Mission 17 is kicking my ass - can only get around 240/250,000 and I need 300,000.. Watched videos and the like and cant really see anything i'm doing wrong.

I would be interested in this - I got mine from PS+. Cant seem to find a patch the info on the game says 1.01

If it didn't download anything when you started it up it might come pre patched when you get it digital. Some games like LBP2 do this if you download it from the store. I don't know for sure if it is because I haven't gotten around to starting it yet. :confused:

If it didn't download anything when you started it up it might come pre patched when you get it digital. Some games like LBP2 do this if you download it from the store. I don't know for sure if it is because I haven't gotten around to starting it yet. :confused:

Damn... Could be in trouble then.

17 is such a damn pain - its the only thing left and cant get anywhere near the target. the other were a breeze!

Just need to keep trying I suppose :(

I had to download a patch when I installed DmC so I think you can delete the game and redownload it and just skip the patch. I was going to take that action but on my last mission 17 run I was able to get 266,000 points and finish the mission in 10 minutes and 8 seconds.

I had to download a patch when I installed DmC so I think you can delete the game and redownload it and just skip the patch. I was going to take that action but on my last mission 17 run I was able to get 266,000 points and finish the mission in 10 minutes and 8 seconds.

I just abused the reload chapter to get a great run (305,000) and all of them counted as deaths!!! AAAGGGHHHHH.

Will try a few more times but there definitely isn't a separate patch I can delete in the XMB.

it was such an easy plat up to this point!

I just abused the reload chapter to get a great run (305,000) and all of them counted as deaths!!! AAAGGGHHHHH.

Will try a few more times but there definitely isn't a separate patch I can delete in the XMB.

it was such an easy plat up to this point!

Damn, I know whenever I had a good run that was messed up I would quit to main menu instead of reloading the checkpoint.

Get used to using demon evade right off. Then Eryx stomp right after. Check out the videos for methods on how to deal with enemies you have a hard time with. Don't get hit. If you do quit to main and continue.

Stinger move is very handy. Overdrive on you main weapon then spam :triangle: , it will send a burst of swords long range or close.. This move in great for hoards and distant enemies.

Don't rush your fights to error yourself, sometime SS in time is will get you an SSS if you receive SSS in style. Try all different moves to see what one is best for which enemies.

Get used to using demon evade right off. Then Eryx stomp right after. Check out the videos for methods on how to deal with enemies you have a hard time with. Don't get hit. If you do quit to main and continue.

I would say I'm pretty good with my evading, I even can parry those chain saw guy's projectiles for some decent points. The "buy in" move then the third hit of "trinity" works really well too - seen a few vids and it looks like im doing better that them as they get hit quite abit!

So... If I'm doing well and screw up, I can quit to main menu and continue and it will restart the checkpoint without penalty?

Deleted the game and re-installing at the moment and wont download patch to see if that makes any big difference - I'm NOT giving up on this plat when I'm so close!!!

I can confirm this

Deleting the patch will make the SSS ranking much easier

The one who got the game like me from plus

Just delete the game and re download it

You can easily get at least 250,000 in combo style after deleting the patch

I am not too good in this game and after deleting the patch

I beat the score of this guide easily

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dmc-devil-may-cry/188286-dmc-devil-may-cry-nephilim-sss-rank-jackpot-trophy-guide.html

I would say I'm pretty good with my evading, I even can parry those chain saw guy's projectiles for some decent points. The "buy in" move then the third hit of "trinity" works really well too - seen a few vids and it looks like im doing better that them as they get hit quite abit!

So... If I'm doing well and screw up, I can quit to main menu and continue and it will restart the checkpoint without penalty?

Deleted the game and re-installing at the moment and wont download patch to see if that makes any big difference - I'm NOT giving up on this plat when I'm so close!!!

You can quit if you dont have a good checkpoint run. Just dont restart checkpoint that is a death I believe.

Keep us posted.. Stick to it and dont give up.. We are all rooting for ya, you CAN do it!:applause:

You can quit if you dont have a good checkpoint run. Just dont restart checkpoint that is a death I believe.

Keep us posted.. Stick to it and dont give up.. We are all rooting for ya, you CAN do it!:applause:

HAHA Thanks buddy! Did it in the end, however i did have to delete the game then re install it without the patch (the patch must somehow link to the game and not appear as a separate patch).

My first run was pretty bad and still got SS but most have been a high one as I averaged SSS. Feel a bit cheap for doing it but as the challenge was a bit ambiguous and cheap itself - I dont feel that bad!

Just one more (5000 kills - which is strange i didn't get it??!) then plat 113 (I think)

Thanks all!

I can confirm this

Deleting the patch will make the SSS ranking much easier

The one who got the game like me from plus

Just delete the game and re download it

You can easily get at least 250,000 in combo style after deleting the patch

I am not too good in this game and after deleting the patch

I beat the score of this guide easily

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/dmc-devil-may-cry/188286-dmc-devil-may-cry-nephilim-sss-rank-jackpot-trophy-guide.html

In the case of the digital version, as separate patch?

Think I might end up having to delete patch and try from there. The SSS ranks have been pretty easy but I'm stuck on Mission 17 atm and have tried it over and over for at least 3 hours. Using a video guide, I've done exactly everything the person in the video does, but don't get anywhere near the same score. Must have been patched since then, don't see how getting SSS on Mission 17 is possible legit.

Edit: Of course right after I post this and try again, I get it.

Edited by solstice

Think I might end up having to delete patch and try from there. The SSS ranks have been pretty easy but I'm stuck on Mission 17 atm and have tried it over and over for at least 3 hours. Using a video guide, I've done exactly everything the person in the video does, but don't get anywhere near the same score. Must have been patched since then, don't see how getting SSS on Mission 17 is possible legit.

Edit: Of course right after I post this and try again, I get it.

Great

Gongrats:dance:

• 1 month later...

If you've download the free ps plus version u can delete the patch.

Basically first time you started it it would have download the 1.01 patch, it comes up on screen but a press of a button and it disappears.

So back up save, just in case, delete game, redownload, now once you've downloaded it, turn off internet however your connected, either through removing Cable or disabling wifi/internet in settings.

The reason for doing this is because if your connected to Internet, every 5 mins or so you'll get a prompt coming up to redownload patch, and it's easy to click x while playing and having to do it all again, trust me, it's happened to me before. It doesn't make a different if you just sign out of PSN, it'll still prompt you to download the patch.

And that's it, apparently the requirements for SSS rankings are a lot easier, they must have patched it when ghee realized it was a bit easy.

Edited by BaSHee26

• 1 month later...

I believe that for some reason is not working for me.

There isnt exists a separate patch ... psn + It comes along with the game.

If I delete the game have to do it all again. I do not see a separate save.

I have saved the save of the game in psn + (cloud). It interferes with something?

I'm sorry but I'm not understanding how to delete the game and not having to do it all again.

If you've download the free ps plus version u can delete the patch.

Basically first time you started it it would have download the 1.01 patch, it comes up on screen but a press of a button and it disappears.

So back up save, just in case, delete game, redownload, now once you've downloaded it, turn off internet however your connected, either through removing Cable or disabling wifi/internet in settings.

The reason for doing this is because if your connected to Internet, every 5 mins or so you'll get a prompt coming up to redownload patch, and it's easy to click x while playing and having to do it all again, trust me, it's happened to me before. It doesn't make a different if you just sign out of PSN, it'll still prompt you to download the patch.

And that's it, apparently the requirements for SSS rankings are a lot easier, they must have patched it when ghee realized it was a bit easy.

• 1 month later...

For those with the digital version having difficulty for some reason;

the save game, with all your progress, is in the "Save Data Utility (PS3)"

The DmC: Devil May Cry game itself should be on the XMB (or in an album).

All you need to do is go the game press :triangle: hit delete. Go to the PSN store re-download the game, and when you go to play it DO NOT download the patch. It will NOT affect your save game.

• 1 month later...