Tip for quick skip of level 3

pootas1985

After the first fight, go to the place with the falling road, then just use your demon ability to fly. That way you skip almost entire level and when playing on dante must die it could be useful

Don't do that when you're going to SSS the mission on Nephilim.

You can skip a few fights, yes, before you start attacking anyone, just go to where you're supposed to go to check if you can or not. But don't do that when there's a little cutscene showing the walls getting blocked, these fights you can't skip.

Also, in mission 17, as soon as Kat tells you to go to the next floor (using L2 + square), go in the elevator right away, two enemies always spawn there if you don't go in fast enough.

And at the laser part (same mission, 17), you don't need to kill the three enemies that spawn there, just jump through the laser and go to the objective.

Edited by Tables

If you know any enemies fights that you can espace, share it please. I am currently on my "Dante Must Die" playthrought and I am finding it rather difficult, some tips like that would be useful.

1. Abuse Dante's air juggles. You can keep the majority of the enemies in the air indefinitely with either :triangle:, :triangle:,...:triangle: then follow with an Angel Pull or with Rebellion or with the scythe w/ :l2: + :triangle:, :triangle:,...:triangle:, :triangle: and then repeat. You can even juggle Tyrants.

2. The Harpies, or whatever they're called, are pretty annoying and can break the camera trick. Just shotgun them until their wings fall off...works especially well when they are not over solid ground.

3. Dreamrunners are a pain. But you can mix Demon Pull and Kablooey spams to interrupt their attacks.

Edited by rotoninja

If you know any enemies fights that you can espace, share it please. I am currently on my "Dante Must Die" playthrough and I am finding it rather difficult, some tips like that would be useful.

You check to see if there is an opening to get away. Not all skirmishes do you get locked in. For example the lava stage, all enemies you can run from. The laser level also, half the fights can be avoided by fleeing.

Make good use of super dante and spamming eryx stomp is great for hoards. Another one I figured out for the beasts with glass balls on their stomach is get some distance from them and hold down :triangle: to max power and shoot your sword at them. Very effective. DMD was hard for me at first but you will get into the groove.

Edited by Paradigmatica

• 1 month later...

I found Dante must die my easiest run apart from the heaven or hell, hell and hell runs.

The game is very easy once you learn the evade and AI patterns. The hardest enemies to kill were the ninja dudes and the angel in blue orb, also the cats are a pain when there's one of each. But most have easy ways of dealing with them.

Also make use of platforms by kicking them off, all but the angels in blue orbs and ninjas can be killed this way.

Also don't use many items on first or second runs, just use gold orbs on boss fights if u need. Use as many as u want on Dante must die then as u won't need for other runs. Once you have super Dante the games a joke.

Hardest parts for me so far, just have the SSS ranks to do, was my first run (as didn't know the mechanics), Virgil on Dante must die (I ended up orb farming and buying more items as had none) and also Virgil on hell and hell. Though once his moves are learnt, he's easy.