A couple of combat tips..

The Prophet uk

these are mainly for the dante must die playthrough which i finished last night. apologies if these have been mentioned elsewhere, i couldn't see them in the trophy guide.

1 - enemies will not attack you if they are off camera. even a horde of enemies will leave you alone if you keep the camera off them. this enables you to isolate a single enemy, use R3 to keep the other enemies off camera and you can actually work your way through a wave on enemies one at a time! even the witches will leave you alone... only the katana ninja guys seem immune to this.

2 - the demon axe, when levelled up, gains a new move - R2+Triangle, triangle - delay - triangle. the third hit of this generates an area-of-effect, triple or quadrouple hit, which does immense damage and boosts your multiplier by huge amounts. the problem is getting to the third hit, since the axe is painfully slow. the trick is that the first two hits can infact be performed with the sword, so you would simply do triangle, triangle, -delay -R2+triangle. this lets you spam it like crazy, causing untold destruction and pain.

because of these 2 tricks, my dante must die playthrough was actually my easiest, with consistent SS - SSS ranks on all missions.

these are mainly for the dante must die playthrough which i finished last night. apologies if these have been mentioned elsewhere, i couldn't see them in the trophy guide.

1 - enemies will not attack you if they are off camera. even a horde of enemies will leave you alone if you keep the camera off them. this enables you to isolate a single enemy, use R3 to keep the other enemies off camera and you can actually work your way through a wave on enemies one at a time! even the witches will leave you alone... only the katana ninja guys seem immune to this.

The harpies seem to be the biggest violator of this rule.

• 4 weeks later...

2 - the demon axe, when levelled up, gains a new move - R2+Triangle, triangle - delay - triangle. the third hit of this generates an area-of-effect, triple or quadrouple hit, which does immense damage and boosts your multiplier by huge amounts. the problem is getting to the third hit, since the axe is painfully slow. the trick is that the first two hits can infact be performed with the sword, so you would simply do triangle, triangle, -delay -R2+triangle. this lets you spam it like crazy, causing untold destruction and pain.

because of these 2 tricks, my dante must die playthrough was actually my easiest, with consistent SS - SSS ranks on all missions.

Thanks for these tips, helped me get through Son of Sparda (which I was having trouble with :whistle: ). Now busy with Dante Must Die and it's going really smoothly so far actually. Especially the demon dodge + the demon axe AOE attack helps me immensely. That attack is really powerful.

Also, knocking enemies off the stage with the Kabloomly gun is a cheap tactic as well.

Unless you're going for SSS ranks, another good tactic is to knock enemies off of ledges. If you hit them near the edge of a ledge, and then use the Eryx uppercut move (:r2: + :circle:) they will get launched off the ledge. The Eryx Stomp (same buttons as before but in the air) is really the only thing you need for most regular enemies.

I have been hit many many times from enemies that are not onscreen. Enemies may attack less but they definitely still attack.

• 2 weeks later...
I have been hit many many times from enemies that are not onscreen. Enemies may attack less but they definitely still attack.

Yeah, this whole "enemies don't attack when their off screen" is bullshit. I've definitely been attacked by enemies that weren't on my screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah, this whole "enemies don't attack when their off screen" is bullshit. I've definitely been attacked by enemies that weren't on my screen.

I'm quite sure enemies off screen don't attack.

I was using this method to corner my enemies when facing a wave with Tyrant or Butcher :think:

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that when I'm hit by an off screen enemy it's because they've started their attack animation in the split second they're onscreen and then landed it after. Sometimes it's because I haven't rotated the camera fast enough. The flying enemies seem to be most affected by this, especially the ones that throw yellow bombs or the harpies. Man fuck those harpies.

Once you've rotated the camera do a bit of light dodging to make sure you're safe.

Another good combat tip is to do the aquila move that pulls all enemies towards you then jump and charge up a mighty eryx stomp/smash. It ruins most of the lesser demons.

I'd also recommend saving your devil trigger for witch fights. Witches mixed with other enemies = bullshit.