The truth about this game

Sohunter

Who is the idiot who made this game? I have done my first pt wich was some kind of fun. But why even put 6 pts in one game? Very annoying and the only reason is because they think at they have a long great game.

Which it isnt. Game is medioker, and i understand why they gave if for free on ps+. I hope the company goes down in the future :D

Edited by Sohunter

I was going to reply with something constructive but after reading your barely coherent post for a second time I'm too busy banging my head off a wall :2walls:

I'm no fanboy, I'm not leaping to the defense of the game but I think if your gonna discuss your opinions on a game then come up with something more valid than that :confused: Oh and your spelling of mediocre was :applause: just :applause:

I was going to reply with something constructive but after reading your barely coherent post for a second time I'm too busy banging my head off a wall :2walls:

I'm no fanboy, I'm not leaping to the defense of the game but I think if your gonna discuss your opinions on a game then come up with something more valid than that :confused: Oh and your spelling of mediocre was :applause: just :applause:

Oh Platypuschow...(love the name btw)...you DID NOT correct someone on their spelling, did you? lol. Be careful...*your gonna* get accused of bad grammar or lack of punctuation.

Remember this is a multi-national messageboard...where English is not the first language for a lot of folks.

And...thanks to the OP...I will likely not download DmC. I don't even play games that I do like 6 times.

Didn't you (OP) admit that the 1st play-through was fun? And now you call the game mediocre because the platinum requires 6 play-throughs? :facepalm: The game doesn't require 6 play-throughs if you don't want to, it's the platinum trophy that does and going for it is purely optional.

I enjoyed all 6 play-throughs and, in my opinion, the platinum was pretty fun. That being said, character action and hack 'n slash games are purely subjective. Some people love them, others hate them and that's fine but I wish people would just realize that - trophy list =/= the game itself.

Edited by DarkDante14

Trophy list ruin the game sometimes .. the thing which some developers don't realise ;) since trophies are becoming everything for some people

I agree with that, the MP trophies ruined GTA IV for me. But I would never say that GTA IV is mediocre because of that. Regardless of my experience and opinion on GTA IV's trophies, the game itself is still great.

Who is the idiot who made this game? I have done my first pt wich was some kind of fun. But why even put 6 pts in one game? Very annoying and the only reason is because they think at they have a long great game.

Which it isnt. Game is medioker, and i understand why they gave if for free on ps+. I hope the company goes down in the future :D

So the game is mediocre because it requires 6 playthroughs (2 of which can be done in a couple of hours)? There are several games out that require multiple playthroughs. Just because the game does not hand you a platinum does not mean it's a bad game.

I guess BioShock Infinite is also mediocre because it's on PS+ as well. :whistle:

This thread is just saying "Start a war". The game is not bad, it's not amazing, but it is still pretty good and fun. Maybe hack and slash is not your cup of tea but there is a lot worse. I like the challenge it is giving me and I found it quite fun myself. If I had to put it up on top, middle, or bottom of the many hack and slashes I have played it would definitely be in between middle and top.

I don't like how you said "I can understand why they gave it free on plus." So that is like saying everything on Plus is bad. Sleeping Dogs, Battlefield 3, Saints Row 3, Uncharted 3, Bioshock Infinite, Gravity Rush, inFAMOUS and all those big titles suck. I am sorry, but I absolutely think that is just a horrible thing to say. There have been way worse on plus. How about some constructive criticism on why you didn't like the game? To me, it sounds more like complaining about having to do multiple runs to get all trophies over anything else.

Also, wishing a company to be shut down because you disliked ONE game doesn't mean they should go down in flames. There are people there who work hard. Those people are doing what they love, they are making money off of it for a living. Wishing for them to be shut down would result in quite a bit of people losing their jobs. Great work on just wishing bad will on them because they tried hard to make a good game. Don't outright say they are bad game makers and should feel bad because you didn't like it. Don't put down those trying to make a game. Ever think they felt proud to have come this far and make this game? They could have worked really hard on it.

Now I am not the one to say "I would like to see you do better" but how do you think you could have done with this game? You are welcome to your opinion, criticism is good. But outright bashing without even giving one reason why it was bad is just not good.

Edited by Resonating Starfall

I love irony.

Don't see the irony but could it be Alannis Morrisette irony that you don't know what irony is? Hey-Ho

Edit: A person correcting someone on their spelling making a mistake with their grammar is not ironic

And yes you're right, my apologies for the spelling correction. I chalk it up to being riled over such a Luddite post >< Everyone's entitled to an opinion but when a person refers to their opinion as the truth or as fact......then it gets my back up.

And yes it is a "Start a war" blatant troll post and I replied to it :o_O: Damn

Edited by Platypuschow

Also, wishing a company to be shut down because you disliked ONE game doesn't mean they should go down in flames. There are people there who work hard. Those people are doing what they love, they are making money off of it for a living. Wishing for them to be shut down would result in quite a bit of people losing their jobs. Great work on just wishing bad will on them because they tried hard to make a good game. Don't outright say they are bad game makers and should feel bad because you didn't like it. Don't put down those trying to make a game. Ever think they felt proud to have come this far and make this game?

I lol'd. First off.. Ninja Theory messed up... baaaaadly. And now they lost the license to DMC (THANK GOD!!) and now face closure :D. Yaaaay. You know why they deserve all the flack they get for making this godawful DMC game (which luckily isn't considered canon [THANK GOD2])? They disrespected the fans. If you're a real DMC fan you would have known all the shit they said to the fans. Google it. You'll see. They deserve to be shut down. Capcom realized the mistake they made (THANK GOD3) by giving a great IP to some almost unknown game dev company. Fuck Ninja Theory. They made a terrible dmc game. Combat is meh... shallow at best. Story is dreadful and the character couldn't be more unlikable.

You know what.. I'm gonna spare myself from raging about this awful game.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0a_QlurNZU]DmC: Devil May Cry (wuboot) Review - The Gaming Brit - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowAddykKOk]DMC: DEVIL MAY CRY (Zero Punctuation) - YouTube[/ame]

EDIT:

Capcom also mentioned other reasons for their poor sales.......decline in quality due to excessive outsourcing
Edited by K1NG_NAZARA

This thread is a pointless attempt to bash a game simply because you did not enjoy it. There is no truth to this thread as it is just your opinion and doesn't represent the views of everyone who has played it.

(I'm sorry, the thread title irritates me)

But what about the views of someone who hadn't played it. We have feelings too.

I really loved my first playthrough, most fun game I've played in a while - on 3rd play through and still loving it! Personally I preferred it to the 1-3 but that's just me. wont be too long

Also think the comment about people loosing their job was out of order - I don't like lots of games but don't wish ill of those who make them.

Anyway, given far too much time already to the OP who cant seem to work out the difference between fact and opinion. :)

This game is the easiest in the series (if you count this one to be in the series, that is). So i guess that's why they wanted you to play six times.

If you play this game non-stop you can pretty much plat in just a few days, specially if you know where all the collectibles are.

But i agree with this, just like DMC2, it should not be called Devil May Cry, it doesn't fit at all, the only thing i liked in this game was the combat because it tries so hard to be like DMC3 and Vergil, the rest is poopy. Even Stinger is poopy, why not make it R1 + triangle like all the other games? But no, they just had to have to evade buttons, makes a lot of sense... NOT.

But at least all of the bosses were unique and fun to kill, expect for maybe the 1st one and Mundus' spawn, these two you just need to spam Drive and Trinity Smash and they'll die in no time.

But i agree with this, just like DMC2, it should not be called Devil May Cry, it doesn't fit at all, the only thing i liked in this game was the combat because it tries so hard to be like DMC3 and Vergil, the rest is poopy. Even Stinger is poopy, why not make it R1 + triangle like all the other games? But no, they just had to have to evade buttons, makes a lot of sense... NOT.

But at least all of the bosses were unique and fun to kill, expect for maybe the 1st one and Mundus' spawn, these two you just need to spam Drive and Trinity Smash and they'll die in no time.

Vergil is terrible.. they ruined a master swordsman that had honor and hates firearms and the old vergil was great in general. This one is the total opposite.. uses guns, has no honor, not a master swordsman and just terrible. I bought Vergil's Downfall just to see if they fixed any of that... nope. They made it worse.

Bosses are huge telegraph fest. Littered with unnecessary cutscenes that kill the flow. Even Vergil is easy with his also hugely telegraphed attacks (unlike DMC3 where you had to use everything you know against him to have a chance, especially on harder difficulties).

The combat is shallow and too simplistic. Kill x enemy with x weapon and y enemy with y weapon.. yeah really unique and enjoyable.. not. Getting S and SSS ranks is way too easy even after the patch. Difficulty is non existent because some smartass thought it was a great idea to put checkpoints in a dmc game. So just like the Bioshock problem with it's vita chambers.. it kills any kind of difficulty whatsoever.

I could point out the flaws of this game all day if I wanted.

EDIT: and the game's biggest downfall was how they treated the fans during development and locking the game at 30fps. Note: DMC4 that's 4-5 years old ran at 60. so no... it's not the consoles fault.

EDIT 2: You do know you have to finish DMC3 six times too? DMC only 3 times and DMC2 4-5 (I forgot)

Edited by K1NG_NAZARA

th?id=H.5040016477520267&pid=15.1

I only played DMC 1 thoroughly, slightly played 2 and 3 and never played 4 and personally I have never thought the games were that iconic that it was held on some pedestal.

Regardless, Capcom had to due something with poor sales of DMC 4 and they took a chance to push the game out to a larger audience. Capcom is struggling financially so there is no point of them making a game "just for the fans." I personally thought it was exceptionally fun, combat worked great and the music what sick. Besides the cheesy story (which I skipped after first playthrough), my only beef is a lack of lock-on.

Regardless, Capcom had to due something with poor sales of DMC 4 and they took a chance to push the game out to a larger audience. Capcom is struggling financially so there is no point of them making a game "just for the fans."

Lack of sales was because they didn't finish the game/story. DMC4 was just... there. Without a purpose. And also because they cut the funding to the development team, the game wasn't finished properly.

Let's just all be happy that DmC 2 will never happen as they cut all ties with Ninja Theory after the debacle :D

EDIT: and there's rumors about DMC 5 in the works

Edited by K1NG_NAZARA

Lol, I hope the developers who made this game and then gave it to me essentially for free and which I enjoyed playing all lose their jobs and wind up in a bread line because it takes around 30 hours of playing to get the platinum...

(and people say today's generation is entitled...wonder why the think so)

I finished my first PT and it was like 'meh', now Im going for the platinum but, c'mon in my opinion de story is too short and isn't that good, the combat system is great, I love the way you can chain some awesome combos but just that, I think is a really weak game, kinda dissapointed :/

Just finished the game yesterday and it isn't that great. Most of the levels feel the same, run to one location to the next cutting down random demon spawns. The combat is fun, but switching between Demon and Angel weapons is unnecessarily complicated. Why do I have to hold down a button? It annoys me. They could have just mapped L2 and R2 to cycle through the different types of weapons, like press L2 and you stay as an Angel and R2 keeps you as a Demon...then you could've hit L2, if you were an Angel, or R2, if you were a Demon, to switch back to Dante's Rebellion. That is my main problem with this game. Also, you could totally tell Capcom touched this game because the bosses resembled RE like creatures.

I'm currently on my 1st playthrough in 8th mission and really enjoying it so far. The combat is really fun and the dialog keeps me interested as well. After all there are not many games that do not appeal to me but just saying, this one is really fun and a breath of fresh air and I'm grateful for such experience being provided for "free" on PS+