Is this game any good?

Jayron122

Personally iv never played any of the others. At first i was like oh great an extremly linear game with arenas in every room.. how monotonos. But then i learned to string combos together and i can see now why its good.. But im not sure why but i get the feeling everyone else is beating the game in like 6 hours.. IT took me an hour n a half just to beat one level on son of sparda. I am finding it incredibly difficult. Im just starting my dante must die walkthrough and its already super hard..I dont get why other people find it so easy?! lol

This game is decently enjoyable on its own, but you should try your best to refrain from thinking this is Devil May Cry 5. It is very different from the original series produced and developed by Capcom. Firsty the combat may seem familiar, but DmC is WAY easier than the retro series. Second, the story of this game is basically a reboot or set in an alternate universe thats got nothing to do with the retro series as well. Lastly, this game's graphics are locked in 30 fps, while the retro series all provide blazing 60 fps smoothness, so it will require some getting used to and I think this changes everything.

Since you've played all previous games, I'm sure you would love DmC, but as mentioned don't view it as Devil May Cry 5. Compared to 4, DmC is a walk in the park. You'd also probably get a kick out of the trophy titles and references from other games too :p The game also has really good re-playability.

The bloody palace mode would be something worth checking out as well. I say go for it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm not only replying to this late because I am new to the website, but also to let anyone know that also downloaded this game for free due to Playstation + being an amazing investment, that this game is extremely fun. Of course if you have played all the DmC titles previous to this one, there is a strong chance you would see this as, pretty much a disservice to a much loved series. I think this is due to one fact and one fact only; it's so easy, the difficulty of previous DmC titles have been at least an 8/10, maybe even 9/10 from a trophies/achievements standpoint, but excluding that, this game is an amazing addition to an superb series that will grant enlightenment in regards to the story of Dante & Vergil.

• 2 months later...
Is this game any good? I heard it was but I want to hear more opinions. I've played the first, second, third, and fourth one does this one compare to the other four. Please tell me.

Yeah !! The Dante costume is really trendy !!

http://www.slimfitjackets.com/image/cache/data/slimfit/mens/rare-exclusive/devil-may-cry-700x700.jpg