DmC: Devil May Cry - Hell and Hell Boss Walkthroughs

Harry94_

http://i.imgur.com/0w7I0il.png

Found this guide via a Google search? Not a registered member? Then why not Join the forum!. Please do not steal/paraphrase this guide and post it on another site. If I find this content posted anywhere but ps3trophies.org then action will be taken. If you see this content posted anywhere else then let myself or the staff know. Thank you!

*I presume you've clicked this thread as you are on your Hell and Hell playthrough. If you haven't completed the game at all yet and are viewing this out of curiosity I advise you leave now to avoid seeing the names of the bosses*

Introduction

Hell and Hell is a cakewalk with Super Dante, but you might get stuck on a few of the bosses as Super Dante only makes you do more damage to the boss. It does not throw them into the air like normal enemies. In the guide you will see examples of how I managed to beat the bosses without taking damage (you are allowed to get hit 4 times) and the best way to go about killing them as quickly as possible. The hardest one I would say is the final boss and the easiest being the first, just because of the time it takes to kill them, so there's more chance of getting yourself hit. You will unlock the following trophy after completing Hell and Hell:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/750/64B.jpgAnd welcome to Hell! (G)

Complete all missions on the Hell and Hell difficulty

FAQ

Q. How many lives / health do I have in Hell and Hell?

A. You have unlimited lives and as soon as you get get hit you die, so basically no health. You have 3 gold orbs though so as soon as you get hit it uses one, you can get hit a total of 4 times per checkpoint. Orbs will restore if you lose them all and have to go back to the previous checkpoint.

Q. What is Super Dante?

A. Super Dante is a perk you unlock after completing Dante Must Die difficulty, I highly advise completing that difficulty beforehand so you have it available for Hell and Hell. What Super Dante does is give you unlimited Devil Trigger so you can enable it whenever and it will never run out.

Q. Does Super Dante disable trophies?

A. No it doesn't. all trophies will still unlock as normal if you have super Dante enabled.

Edited by Terminator
Replaced missing banner.

Hunter - Mission 1

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECZUf2R_0W8]DmC: Devil May Cry - Hunter Boss - Hell and Hell Difficulty (No Damage) - YouTube[/ame]

I am using Super Dante in the video, awarded to you for completing the Dante Must Die difficulty.

This is probably the easiest boss out of them all, all you need to do is activate Devil Trigger as soon as the fight starts and then use the Rebellion's Overdrive combo. When the hunter stumbles, go over to him and use Trinity Smash with the Arbiter, he will then fall over completely. Do the same thing again and he will die.

If you don't manage to kill it as quick, you may encounter other moves. These are when the screen goes black and a boomerang type blade will fly backwards and forwards. The best way to avoid this is to use Angel Evade (:l2: + :r1: or :l1:). This will make you invulnerable for a second or two. When it climbs up the ride, just keep shooting it with Ebony and Ivory until it falls and dodge the grapple gun attacks with :r1: or :l1:.

Succubus - Mission 5

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLzB8GsMELI]DmC: Devil May Cry - Succubus Boss - Hell and Hell difficulty (No Damage) - YouTube[/ame]

I am using Super Dante in the video, awarded to you for completing the Dante Must Die difficulty.

This one is pretty random, considering the attacks it uses are in random order. Just use whatever you are comfortable with in regards to weapons / combos. If you use Angel Evade to dodge its swipe attacks, you can then hit them in the face with your Arbiter and deal massive damage.

Whenever it is about to be sick, make a dash to the other platform. Also, when it is about to shout make sure you use angel evade, or are not directly in front of its mouth. You should turn off devil trigger when the spikes are rising from the floor, it makes it difficult to see them otherwise. For the last part you just need to use Demon Pull and Angel Lift, you have plenty of time to make the actions and there is a checkpoint just beforehand so don't worry too much if you die.

Bob Barbas - Mission 10

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbSLQygdz8k]DmC: Devil May Cry - Bob Barbas Boss - Hell and Hell difficulty (No Damage) - YouTube[/ame]

Bob is a pretty easy boss and it's easy to avoid his attacks, mainly because he stays in the very center of the arena and can't move. All you have to do is use Eryx to smash the red circles in the arena, do this until he gets KO'd and turns blue. Once he goes blue, run up to him and use Trinity Smash with the Arbiter, it should only take a couple of moves with this combo to be able to knock his health all the way down. His attacks are also randomly generated, all are easy to avoid though and are just lasers that circle the floor etc. His wall attack can be tricky, but make sure you are as close to Bob as you can be so that you can go through the green areas with ease. The further away you are, the harder it is to run through a green wall.

For when you're on the news, just activate devil trigger and stand there. Shoot them with the shotgun from time to time so they don't touch the floor. Alternatively you can just keep activating and disabling devil trigger. This is a very easy fight because there are two checkpoints in the mission, just before each news fight. So don't worry about getting killed.

Mundus Spawn - Mission 14

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVAcWEK3H7U]DmC: Devil May Cry - Mundus Spawn Boss - Hell and Hell Difficulty (No Damage) - YouTube[/ame]

Mundus Spawn is very easy on Hell and Hell, as his attacks are very predictable and he only has a few different ones. His main attacks are when he swings his arms at you, this is easily noticed and you can dodge to avoid them. Before you pull Lilith out for the first time, he will only send a music wave out once he teleports away, after the second time though it is twice, then two in rapid succession.

For the first phase, activate devil trigger and use the Arbiter on his legs. Start on the back right one (your right) and as soon as you see his chunkier left lifting up move to his next leg. Hit the next leg 2-3 times then roll to the front of him. If you don't do this quick enough he will spin around and hit you very quickly, which is difficult to dodge. Repeat until you are able to pull Lilith out. Activate Devil Trigger again and use the Trinity Smash combo on either Lilith or Mundus Spawn's belly. This should get Lilith's health down to about 1/4.

For the 2nd phase, attempting the tactic you used in the first phase is risky because he is much quicker at swinging his arms. What you want to do is use Demon Pull on the arm sticking out of the right of his body (your right). Then use Angel Lift to get up to the eye on said hand. Keep attacking this with the Aquila while devil trigger is active. As soon as you see him about to swing for you, use Angel Evade to get away then pull back with the Angel Lift. The eye on his forehead will eventually open, you then need to attack this. He will pretty much die after a few hits of this eye. All you need to do then is pull Lilith out with Demon Pull and attack her with the Arbiter.

Mundus - Mission 19

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTwHeE1Bt3A]DmC: Devil May Cry - Mundus Boss - Hell and Hell Difficulty (No Damage) - YouTube[/ame]

Mundus is even easier than his son! So don't worry about this being hard. It is similar to Succubus in terms of attacks he makes, he will pound his fists into the roof more than anything. When he pounds his left fist (your left), lava will flow to the left of the fist, make sure to jump over this. His other fist attacks can be easily dodged except for his rapid slam attack. He will punch the roof around 4 times in quick succession, the only way to avoid it is to use Angel Evade as this makes you immune to damage for a short while. His other attacks include firing a meteorite and spraying lava all over the rooftop. To avoid the meteorite you have to use Angel Evade, and to avoid his lava you have to traverse to the other rooftop, which will be to your right if it's the first time he's sprayed lava. Attack both his arms with whatever weapon you are comfortable with using.

His body is extremely easy to kill, he will only fire multiple meteorites at you which can all easily be avoided. He will then look as though he is going to suck you into his mouth, wrong. This is not an attack and will not hurt you. What you want to do is use Angel Lift to reach the mouth, then attack it with the Rebellion or Aquila (will deal massive damage). Repeat until it is dead, should only need to do it twice if devil trigger is active.

Vergil - Mission 20

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RFXBVNv8AY]DmC: Devil May Cry - Vergil Boss - Hell and Hell Difficulty (No Damage) - YouTube[/ame]

Vergil is probably the hardest boss as he is very quick but his attacks are very predictable. The only way you can attack him is to use Demon Pull when he has missed a charge attack, is in the air after throwing a blade at you, and stumbling him with the Arbiter (much like how you stumble Dreamrunners). To deal with the phantom swords, you will want to use the shotgun as this will deal with them in one shot, Ebony and Ivory work well too. Activate devil trigger all the time as this way you'll do slightly more damage to him and it is needed to kill his clone quickly near the end. keep dodging his attacks, then pulling him to you with Demon Pull and then hitting him with Arbiter. Do this until he activates his devil trigger.

When his devil trigger is active, you will not be able to hurt him until his clone is dead. All you want to do is activate devil trigger when the clone is on the ground so it get's flung in the air, then you want to attack Vergil. He will die pretty quickly at this last stage. If you don't manage to kill him while he is in devil mode and his health goes back up again, wait for him to use his devil trigger again and then you can easily kill him. Just re-activate your own devil trigger to send the clone flying up into the air, then keep hitting him while he is kneeling on the floor.

Edited by Dark_Raven666
Editorial Sweep

FAQ

Q. How many lives / health do I have in Hell and Hell?

A. You have unlimited lives and as soon as you get get hit you die, so basically no health. You have 3 gold orbs though so as soon as you get hit it uses one, you can get a total of 4 times per checkpoint. Orbs will restore if you lose them all and have to go back to the previous checkpoint.

Great guide as always Harry, just one thing, I think you meant to put "you can get hit a total of 4 times per checkpoint", I may be wrong and you possibly meant something else.. :think:

EDIT: Also, in your description under the Hunter boss, you put :r1; for Angel Evade, I know you meant :r1 :* though. :p

Edited by Yoda91192

• 11 months later...

Succubus - Mission 5

This one is pretty random, considering the attacks it uses are in random order. Just use whatever you are comfortable with in regards to weapons / combos. If you use Angel Evade to dodge its swipe attacks, you can then hit them in the face with your Arbiter and deal massive damage.

Whenever it is about to be sick, make a dash to the other platform. Also, when it is about to shout make sure you use angel evade, or are not directly in front of its mouth. You should turn off devil trigger when the spikes are rising from the floor, it makes it difficult to see them otherwise. For the last part you just need to use Demon Pull and Angel Lift, you have plenty of time to make the actions and there is a checkpoint just beforehand so don't worry too much if you die.

Hey Harry, i found an easier way to kill this guy, as soon as the fight starts, go to the left side close to the edge, stand there for a while and Succubus will always do these two attacks: he'll either swipe his hand at you, which you can easily evade by double jumping, or he'll rise those spikes things from the floor, it's kinda rare for him to do the latter, so once you evade his hand attack, immediately use the Roudtrip attack (Aquila weapon, hold R2 and O) and then hold triangle to use the Rebellion's Drive move.

You only need to do the bold text twice and his head will come down (i.e he won't attack you), once he's down, use Drive once again but this time wait a little longer for it to reach full charge, if you do that while in DT he'll take A LOT of damage and the little cutscene will start (where you need to use L2 + square to hit him).

He hardly ever spit that yellow thing on the floor, just stay close to the edge. I never got hit using this strategy and got an SSS rank. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Now I'm on my Dante must die playthough and was finding Mundus Spawn the worst boss to beat for long time, just when I realized that I didn't use any upgrades till 3rd playthrough Baby Boss fight. After upgrading couple things it was easier.

Don't make this mistake - remember to upgrade Dante's skills.

• 2 months later...
Wow, took me a full hour to kill that pain in the ass Vergil on Hell and Hell, that was ridiculous... now just Nephilim SSS left, hopefully that's not as bad.

I watched this movie mission 20 and similar sequences never occurred to me ...

Already rebooked a 50x or more ....

In the last sequence of the fight, which blow can break the defense? (I'm not getting hit back)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So Freaking happy :dance: just beat Vergil on Hell and Hell and it only to me 30 or so tries lol

I'm still having problems here - I can get him down to about 1/2 his bar without getting hit and then it all goes to custard. I can't seem to damage him and he's in the air constantly that i spend all my time dodging.

Does anyone have any tips on best tactics to evade and damage Vergil on Hell and Hell? Can't wait to :dance: too!

• 1 month later...
Im stuck on Mundus' Spawn on Dante Must Die Difficulty, im running out of itens trying to beat it with no success, of course the above tactics for Hell and Hell dont apply there.

Never mind that, i got it, now just two trophies for plat. Theres some great tactics on this thread.

• 1 year later...