Rate the trophy difficulty  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.38

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Labartu

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How is this plat no ultra rare - this seems like a real tough one.

Eh, it is and it isn't. In Da Club (G) is obviously the toughest trophy, but if you simply practice the 4 easiest ("easiest" being a relative term, of course :p) Club Mixing songs over and over again in Free Mode, it doesn't seem like it'll be too hard. After that, everything else is just grinding.

I'm thinking it'll be an 8/10 or so for me. Easier than Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- Dreamy Theater 2nd and Dreamy Theater Extend, but definitely a lot harder than the first Dreamy Theater and Project DIVA F.

EDIT - :whistle:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVS7k4PYY_k][DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE] RENOVATION ExtraMix (DarkAbyss Set / LV.??) - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by Aeliana

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I pretty much have the plat aside from the grinding trophies. 9 More levels and 150 more songs to go. I am gonna say this game is a 7 solely for the grind. If it wasn't so grind heavy I would say 5 or 6.

It really isn't hard and because you have to grind so much you'll naturally become amazing at all the harder songs anyways. For example, right after I got the 99999 chain it took me about an hour to get In Da Club without practicing the boss song before (I used the other 3 songs as the ones to get to the 99999 chain so I was getting near perfect on them all):

945902_10151547971619360_1673201214_n.jpg

And then grinding out the XP and 1000 play count on Club charts will naturally get you past all the songs in that mode. I was even able S+ the 3rd club set multiple times consecutively before hitting either of the 2 long term grinds without any anti-break or fever equipment:

971738_10151581183174360_403538116_n.jpg

941264_10151581232189360_1821054536_n.jpg

65602_10151581232169360_818160966_n.jpg

Edited by QuantumMercury

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with the above poster - I'd give this a 7. I'm not done with the game yet, I still have to finish my max chain grind and get to level 99, but I feel I've played more than enough to give this game a rating. I don't consider myself that good at music games and this game didn't give me Many issues. In Da Club was the hardest trophy without question. I did this before doing the max 99,999 chain (which takes forever lol), so my DJ level was under 50 by the time I actually did it. If you did the max chain trophy focusing on songs for in da club, that trophy wouldn't be bad at all. I chose this order purely for the challenge. Clearing all songs wasn't too bad either as long as you set on auto fever. The hardest songs you can basically mash on the rear touch panel and swipe at the screen when things got crazy. I actually had to try to get the F rank trophy after I finished tune conquerer.

As a side note, I loved this game and would highly recommend it. The music is so Enjoyable that you don't mind playing songs over and over again trying to Get good scores.

Edit: After getting a platinum, I'd lower the score to a five or six. By the time you get anywhere near 1000 songs and level 99 you'll be so good at the game that in da club will be a piece of cake. Don't stress about it because you'll get platinum by just trying to get level 99.

Edited by SauceyMGee

• 1 month later...

Since all I have left for the plat is the 99999 Combo and the grind to Level 99 and 1000 songs, I'd have to give this a 6. It's hard to get into at first, but if you keep at it, the game will seem a lot easier to you, not to mention that even without the HP/Recover gear, the game is surprisingly forgiving as long as you can hit notes, which, in case of emergency, can be accomplished via screen mashing (best done with the rear pad); you'll stay in the game regardless of how many times you make a tap that doesn't correspond to anything. I never once got a Game Over during the entire game except where required for a trophy without ever implementing HP/Recover gear. The only truly annoying trophies are In Da Club and Twinkle Twinkle due to the high amount of skill they both require. Personally, Twinkle Twinkle was much harder for me than In Da Club because it requires absolute perfection as opposed to just a very good performance, which is easily achieved with Popping-Like once you get the mechanics down. Personally, I recommend waiting until you're done with Tune Conqueror to go for these trophies since by then, you'll see some truly insane note charts that will make Popping-Like feel like nothing and you'll have some Fever equipment that will make both trophies much easier (though I only needed it for Twinkle Twinkle).

Edited by Walt the Dog

• 1 year later...

I rated this a 5 but I'm also a music game veteran since like DDR 1st Mix in arcades and Beatmania when it was only 5 button...

Once you get the learning curve and pass all the easy trophies... you grind out about 200-300 songs and half the levels getting to 99999 combo which isn't hard if you find a song you can always FC.

The hard part is just perfecting 3 easy songs and getting 98% overall on 4 hard songs but if you put the game on easy, use appropriate equipment, practice and read the forums for a good song list you'll be fine.

Levels 80+ take a while even with the game on Hard with +30 EXP.

Levels 95 and 98 are done in one song or less.

7/10

The same difficulty as in Michael Jackson Experience. May be DJ is a liittle bit easier, because on 99 lvl you can get the best equipement and In Da club will be much eaiser.

I was using fever +50 and antibreak 12. Got it after some attempts. This is the best setting because on First Kiss and on the boss song there are some places where I always miss some notes and with antibreak and fever my % increased from 97,4 to 98,2.

Im not so good in rhythm games thats why I had problems with twinkle twinkle too. In the Tdot gave me some hard time.

Overall Dj max is great and very enjoyable game, it takes place in my top 10 games for vita.

• 1 year later...

I voted a 6 for difficulty. I'm only missing the "Get to LV 99" and "Play 1000 songs" grind trophies (almost done; I'll vote on the "time required to platinum" thread after that)

Compared to a lot of other rhythm games, I didn't really find this any harder (Project Diva series was easy, Taiko no Tatsujin V was really easy except for a couple missions I needed to try a couple times)

"In Da Club" is the hardest one, I think, but even then you can practice the songs in Free Style until you are comfortable with them and if you level up enough you'll have the DJ Icons to make it all that much easier anyway.

If the trophy requirements were something like what Hideboh has and you needed an S++ on every chart on every difficulty than I would bump the difficulty up tremendously but none of that is a requirement for a trophy so there isn't much more to add.

Even getting 3 S++ in a row isn't too bad after a while because you can even restart your song if you mess up, and DJ Icons to boost fever time and all that make it easier.

On the 99999 chain trophy if you are really nefarious you can exit the game mid-song if you break combo and restart, but even though it is a long grind any way you do it, you don't have to pick the hardest songs to do it and there are anti-break items you can use anyway as you level up.

• 6 months later...

I'm considering getting this, as I love rhythm games, but a lot of people seem to say it's a really tough game. On PSN Trophy Leaders, 9.2% have the platinum so that seems to suggest it's not a super-tough game.

I have the Rock Band 2 platinum without any help (apart from trophies that require multiplayer), so would this be within my skill set?

• 1 year later...