I Thought I Was Doing Good On Hard...

pacman919

...blowing through most of the songs on my first try and overall feeling pretty good. I wasn't sure how the jump to Expert would be but I figured I'd get the hang of it if I'm doing this good. Then I met Groundhog.

I had no idea what the fuck was going on and was just randomly tapping and scratching. I usually hit about 93-95% of the hits. With Groundhog, I only hit 74%. I can't even imagine this song on Expert.

I think my dreams of platinum have been destroyed.

I was in the same situation as you. I was like "screw this I ain't five starring this song." Originally I always three starred but now I always five star it. In music/ rhythm games it's all about practice. Use rewinds in the intro to help get your points up. Try to look for patterns. I got a lot of points in the red button and cross fade portion. Use your star power in portions you can hit. Don't give up. Music games are pretty tough to platinum but not giving up has helped me in a few music games such as Guitar Hero Van Halen.

• 2 weeks later...

i just came back to dj hero 1 after playing part 2 and i 5 stared groundhog on hard in three tries. this is something i thought i would never do. hard feels slow on dj hero compared to dj hero 2. i would go for the platinum on this game , but online is dead and i still need a couple wins.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I started playing DJH on medium when it first came out, I sucked ass at it. A few months later I 5 starred everything on expert. Once you memorise the charts and learn how to directional scratch it becomes easy. I think you actually enjoy the game more when playing on expert bcause it's more involving. Keep at it.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...