Rate the trophy difficulty...  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_9.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.87

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily a 9.

The requirements for getting the Platinum (P) are pretty crazy; like owning another turn-table, a guitar, a mic, needing to 5-star every song on expert (some of which are flat out ridiculous) and there are online only trophies too.

This one is a nightmare. It'd take at least a month of serious practice, a friend who has the game as well, and previous ownership of Rock Band or Guitar Hero + a mic, and then getting online and winning head-to-head matches against people who are there for the same reason you are.

Not for the faint of heart, but it's a fantastic game none the less. I can’t see many people getting this Platinum Trophy, and if anyone does, it’s worth some serious kudos.

Easily a 9.

The requirements for getting the Platinum (P) are pretty crazy; like owning another turn-table, a guitar, a mic, needing to 5-star every song on expert (some of which are flat out ridiculous) and there are online only trophies too.

This one is a nightmare. It'd take at least a month of serious practice, a friend who has the game as well, and previous ownership of Rock Band or Guitar Hero + a mic, and then getting online and winning head-to-head matches against people who are there for the same reason you are.

Not for the faint of heart, but it's a fantastic game none the less. I can’t see many people getting this Platinum Trophy, and if anyone does, it’s worth some serious kudos.

I guess I got lucky there. Had a buddy buy it at launch like me. Between the both of us we have plenty of guitars and mics.

I still rated it a 9 due to the 5 star all on expert. Should be in a couple hours that and the 10 online wins is all I will need.

i'd have to rate this fairly high for the same reasons as posted before. you'll need a guitar, a mic/headset and an EXTRA TURNTABLE! if you can find a mate with their own copy then getting that trophy plus the online ones should be easy, you may be able to hire it out or perhaps wait till some 2nd hand trad-ins turn up at game shops but you'll then still need superman himself to fly backwards around the globe to slow down time allowing you hit the notes for 5 star expert on all tracks. im almost surprised they didn't include the a ps eye trophy where you need to capture a picture of yourself "shouting out" on your mic while activating euphoria with two turntables on expert during a rewind... oh yeah and that's for a bronze.

mr dj hero you get a solid 9/10

the joy of playing this game should keep everyone spinning till these wheels of steel rust so i can still see folks getting the platinum.

I have this game 2 hours now and play it on Middle and have solid 95% in every song so far. But i doubt i will 5-star any song on expert.... no way for me to plat this game! :-( But it's fun as hell to play it!!!

So atm it's a 10 for me, cause i defo wont plat it. but I'll wait until i vote...

Edited by TortillaChips

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, why are people rating it a bit higher "because you need 2 turntables and a guitar plus mic"? It's the same with Burnout Paradise, people are saying "I vote it a 5 rather than a 2 because I need a PSEye to get two of the trophies".

Owning a piece of equipment is surely the EASIEST way to get trophies? You just need to buy the fricking thing - how hard is that? It doesn't actually make the game "harder".

Anyway, those of you who can tackle songs on expert guitar/drums in Guitar Hero/Rock Band - would you your hand-to-eye coordination and dexterity in those games will be useful for DJ Hero? I'm getting the game tomorrow, as Amazon have slashed £20 off the price.

About a 9.

On hard/expert its just no fun, so anit going to bother trying.

The arrow scratches are bullshit no DJ is that precise.

Also the crossfader is not fast enough because of the stoppa in the middle which messes me up alot.

Actually - dj's have to be MORE precise than this game allows. Not only timing, but DISTANCE travelled.

As for the crossfader, in this game its easy - only the outer edges count as 'edge' - a few mm from left or right is 'center'.

Anyway, those of you who can tackle songs on expert guitar/drums in Guitar Hero/Rock Band - would you your hand-to-eye coordination and dexterity in those games will be useful for DJ Hero? I'm getting the game tomorrow, as Amazon have slashed £20 off the price.

Yes; any rhythm game experience is an asset - For example; I've platted rb2, wrapped most of the guitar heros (from launch) and a bunch before they became popular - I started dj hero ON expert, and got 99% in a week.

Second part of your question: It doesn't make it harder to plat in the immediate sense, but if you look at the effort required to either buy a 2nd copy or suck a friend into it - yes, it is twice as hard as actual skill.

Yes; any rhythm game experience is an asset - For example; I've platted rb2, wrapped most of the guitar heros (from launch) and a bunch before they became popular - I started dj hero ON expert, and got 99% in a week.

Second part of your question: It doesn't make it harder to plat in the immediate sense, but if you look at the effort required to either buy a 2nd copy or suck a friend into it - yes, it is twice as hard as actual skill.

Well, I did the tutorials first, and felt overwhelmed by a ton of weird shit going on at the same time.

But I'm proud to say I managed a 5-star performance on the first mix of the first set, on Expert. I did find that subsequent mixes were insanely difficult, but I think that's just practice that'll get me better. I've now gotten 5-stars on all three mixes of the first set, on Expert. So perhaps there's hope for me yet...

... if I can sucker a friend into coming round with a second DJ controller lol.

Fact is, I only have Platinum on one rhythm game, which is Rock Band 2. There's no way I'll ever Plat GH Hits, mainly because of "Through the Fire and Flames" (I can't even do the bloody intro on guitar pft). And the Beatles Rock Band... no way will I ever get 100% in Helter Skelter (expert drums) or 100% Standing There (bass). I'm very good, but sadly not excellent.

:(

i picked this up yesterday and though it is fun, theres no way i'll platty this one...same as the GH series etc.

Music games are really just for fun, trophies are a bonus - i'm not one to get a music game just to platinum though, but some of you guys probably are.

Looking at the trophis, i'd give it a 9/10 as well

• 4 weeks later...

The very first song on expert is very easy, having not played any music games before, it looks almost out of reach.