Gold Medal Formula

Skyripper

In case anyone was wondering how to get a guaranteed gold medal on every level; the formula is below.

REQUIREMENTS

• You must have played through a location at least once
  • It goes without saying, but you must free both guests (i.e. complete the level at least once before your attempt at gold)
  • You must obtain all nine collectables (3 per level)
  • You must obtain a "grade" of 100% (essentially fulfilling the requirements for a silver medal)

FORMULA

• GOLD: Getting 1,600 gold across 3 levels makes up 40% of your total grade. Getting an extra 200 gold can increase this to 45%, but it does not go higher. This extra percentage can be used for messing up in another category.

• ENEMIES DEFEATED: Defeating 70 enemies will account for 30% of your total grade. Defeating an extra 15 enemies will increase this to 35%.

• GOLD CHALLENGE MEDALS: Every gold medal won at an arcade machine is worth 5% of your total grade for a maximum of 15% (3 levels, 3 golds). If you only win 1 or 2 challenges, make up for them by getting more gold and killing more enemies.

• BLUE STARS COLLECTED: This refers to upgrade stars. Each star is worth 5%, for a total of 15%.

The total possible is 110%, giving you a 10% leeway for the gold medal. If you fail ALL THREE challenges, it should be impossible to achieve a gold medal.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Skyripper

I can confirm that dying doesn't seem to be part of it. I've had 5+ deaths on a level and still achieved a gold rating by following the formula.

The only thing I can think of is you lose a lot of gold when you die, especially toward the end of the stage. Make sure when you die you are picking up the gold you are losing.

I put this in a thread below, Ill copy it in here too since this thread is better. ;)

Just thought Id share with you all, if you didnt know or realize already...

If you get a bronze your first time through a level, you just need a silver your second time to get gold overall.

If you get a silver your first time through a level, you just need a bronze your second time to get gold overall.

Basically, for a level, bronze + silver = gold

What ive found is if you get all 3 stars, win all 3 hex arcades & die 3 or less times youll get a silver your first time through or a gold your second time through.

Getting a silver your first time makes the plat so easier to achieve.

Reason being the second time you can use a 1 star character and just run through the level getting the 3 stars. Youll capture the guy and be guarenteed at least a bronze, putting you at gold overall.

Good Luck all.

• 7 months later...

I'm playing this game on Xbox and I really wish I had thought to check the PS3 trophies forum sooner. Thanks OP for this guide that should really be included in the road map. I've completed a handful of levels using this formula and so far it's working as advertised. I have many bronze levels left to finish because the second time through them I focused more on not dying and less on defeating enemies/getting gold. Now I'm getting a gold grade every time using this method. You're making this 1000/1000 a lot easier on me.

Happy to help. I found the game confusing and so I did some research and came up with this formula to help those in need.

I guess the OP of the Roadmap would need to include this thread. I'm fine with the current situation it as long as people can find the information they need for their (P) or 1000/1000.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thnx Skyripper and juzam666 for the helpfull tips.

I also found out its possible to quit and backup your save file to usb after 1 or 2 levels of each location. If you mess up in the last level of the location you can restore your save file and you don't need to play all 3 locations of the specific level over again.

Not thats its hard anyway but it has happened to me that i fail the arcade machine and loose some gold in the last location due to a few deaths which made me fail to reach 1600 gold. So my 3rd location made me screw up the first 2 locations and that pissed me off lol.

It's pretty much work this way but if your struggling this will make it easier

Edited by GMV-EHV

• 5 years later...
  • 2 months later...