Rate the trophy difficulty...  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_35.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 3.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Xander45

I have plat'ed the game. Voting a 5 for the following reasons:

- You have to replay a series of 3 levels of a location to get a rating for that location. There's a trophy for getting Gold rating for all locations. Problem is, the rating system is not very obvious, for example, I have gotten gold even when dying 8 times. As you play the levels, you will not know what ratings you will get at the end (I have had good feeling about the rating during but gotten silver or bronze at the end before). And in order to get good ratings, you have to do every thing (kill as many enemies as possible, smash everything, get all the 'coins', die as few times as possible, do all challenges, get all stars), cannot just quickly run through the levels (timing is definitely not factored into the rating). So potentially you can be replaying the same levels over and over, with no certainty on the outcome. (At the least you will need to play every level twice, in order to unlock all costumes.)

- The kill-count trophies have high dependency on luck. You need to get certain kills per use of certain power-ups (like the freeze ray), but what power-up you get is random. I have spent 45 min restarting a location over and over just to get to use the freeze ray but never encountered it. A couple of the kill counts (freeze ray, medusa) can be hard to execute (tip: hold the square button, don't press/release repeatedly)

- Considerable skill level required (platforming, melee, a bit of puzzle solving, exploring 'outside the box' to find collectibles), especially compared to games like Up.

- It's tedious to grind all 45 costumes to level 4. I know time-to-plat should not be factor in plat difficulty, but it's worth taking note of this. EVERY COSTUME PLAYS EXACTLY THE SAME. There is no melee/range, tank/magic/agility, weapon effects and other difference between the costumes at all. It can get very booooring (the elevator versions of the movie theme music don't help either).

- ADDITIONAL HARDWARE REQUIRED. You need 4 controllers to plat.

I know that my scale is different from others, so please mentally adjust my difficulty rating accordingly. For reference, my

- 1 and 2 are reserved for sure-get, effortless plats. (Up, Megamind will be 1. Dr Blowhole needs more work, so 2).

- 3 to 5 are not really difficult, but needs more work, has considerable uncertainties, more grinding etc. (For the record, Hannah Montana is 3 to me, cos one song is quite difficult, had to repeat many time.)

Edited by Pierce

There were about 4 collectables i missed and had to do a little searching for, but that was about the only hiccup I had. Nothing is missable, no glitches, all trophies pop when there suppose to and no need for a guide.

It just takes a little while playing every level twice and upgrading every costume. 3/10 difficulty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Other than time consuming, nothings bad.

the game gets very boring after you beat it once.

If you got bronze on a level your 1st time through, youll have a little tougher time.

As of right now, theres no guide for the collectables, but theyre very, very easy to find other than 1 or 2 areas. Even then, theyre just very easy to find. ;)

Edited by juzam666

• 1 month later...

VOTED 3

The game is not difficult, to a certain extent. I found the 2 trophies people seem to have problems with: "Unstoppable!" & "Champion of the Universe", were easier than people make them out to be.

Unstoppable!

During levels that I had to replay in order to unlock the 2nd costume and gold rank, I effortlessly finish many levels without the use of any respawns.

Champion of the Universe

I've only had to replay 1 level that I missed a gold rank: "Aladdin, Cave of Wonders.". During Part III, the scrolling area, I miss out on the HEX Mini Game and ~150 coins because of an inconveniently placed POWER UP (right next to the HEX Arcade) that i picked up, that prevented me from using the HEX Arcade & dragging an item to unlock a 2nd path leading to a lot of coins.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Grading a 5 because of the length of time required redoing levels. Secondly, having to upgrade all costumes and GET GOLDS. This is the hardest.

This game is taking a lot longer than I thought it would

This is not a hard platinum, but it is a LOOOOOOOOOOONG platinum. Upgrading all 45 costumes to 4 stars is tedious. Yes, I wanted to run and jump off a cliff myself. Great game for kids, but don't fool yourself. This platinum is a significant time investment.

:2walls:

EDIT: Finished the platinum. Difficulty is a 4, but I rated the game a 5 by reason of sheer mind-numbing boredom! Aladdin's Agrabah Palace is the trickiest level, but once you realize how the puzzles work it is not too bad.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I couldn't decide between a 3 or 4, but I chose 4. There were a few "locations" that I had to replay multiple times to get the gold rating. I switched costumes after every level, so once the game was complete (with gold ratings) I only had a handful of costumes that still needed to be maxed out, but that's just time consuming- not difficult. Overall I'm glad I picked up the game. It was pretty fun. It did get moderately repetitive, but I still found it fun.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2/10 I didn't have any problems with any of the trophies. Only tedious ones were grinding all costumes and trying to get a specific power-up for that trophy. We played together with my mrs. from start to finish and managed to get all gold ranks pretty easily. I'll have to say the game got really boring towards the end.