PS2 EyeToy Mic Compatible?

• 4 months later...

Uhm, I just got the game... I didn't know this when I ordered, as it said nothing about it, but mine came along with 2 mics. Was really cheap as well :s

Anyways, I was looking at the settings, and one of them said something about a camera, so I tried my PS2 EyeToy camera, but nothing really happened.

I let the PS2 EyeToy stay plugged in, and when we were singing afterward, we started to hear static noises. First we though it was the mics, but then when I unplugged the EyeToy, which was placed near the tv, then the static noise disappeared.

I can't be bothered testing if it can be used to sing with atm...

• 6 months later...

My PS2 Eyetoy doesn't seem to. The game keeps saying to hook in a second mic.

EDIT:

This might be my problem

NOTE: Even though you can play with up to 8 players, there are only 2 USB ports per console. For multiple players, you must use two identical microphones. Microphones cannot be mixed (i.e., a Logitech will not work with a SingStar). Extra microphones can be purchased at stores and online retailers that offer video games and video game accessories.

http://disneyinteractivestudios.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3120/~/disney-sing-it---compatible-usb-microphones-%28playstation%E2%AE2,-playstation%E2%AE3,

The game recognizes the camera (for Performance mode and such) but not the microphone. The PS3 recognizes the Eyetoy's mic (can set it as such in Accessory Settings) but the game ignores it.

EDIT 2: Nope - game doesn't recognize the Eyetoy as a mic whatsoever. Tried playing the game without the Singstar mic plugged in and only the Eyetoy connected. Game insisted on having a mic attached. In the pre-song screen (where you can see mic volume) the Eyetoy never showed any volume (even though it does in the PS3 Accessory Setup screen). Incompatible :(

EDIT3: Is compatible with Singstar mics - but not the Singstar mics and the included mic simultaneously. Didn't mess around with it too much, but it seemed like the Singstar mics weren't as fooled by the "noisy fan" trick as the regular mic was.

Edited by Stork77