Why not "Default" plane controls instead of "Inverted?"

EEHHHHHH

I was wondering that how in the hell the devs thought that kids would want to play with the inverted Y-axis. And without any other options. That is just lame.

You would think that only people accustomed to the inverted controls wanted it that way. Not that I would expect much, but an alternate would have been appreciated.:rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree with OP. The forced inverted control is fucked up for us who dont use it.

Just played the game for the first time and the first level is barely playable.. sensibility is WAYYYYYYY (!!!!!!!!!!!) too sensible and inverting the fucking control doesnt make it better.

Why didnt devs add option for sensibility?

Why didnt devs add option for invert/normal control?

Why do I keep buying/lending these SHITTY piece of fucking dogshit "kid" games when I know the quality is "insert random bad word".

• 2 weeks later...

Come to think of it, if I had to fly the plane using 'normal' instead of inverted controls, I would've had to resort to my fighting stick instead, as I can't get my head around 'normal' flying controls.

I've been playing HAWX (arcade style flight sim), and the default is 'normal' rather than inverted, and I find that impossible. It's very strange how some play normal, others inverted - something to do with left/right brain perhaps?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Agree with OP. The forced inverted control is fucked up for us who dont use it.

Just played the game for the first time and the first level is barely playable.. sensibility is WAYYYYYYY (!!!!!!!!!!!) too sensible and inverting the fucking control doesnt make it better.

Why didnt devs add option for sensibility?

Why didnt devs add option for invert/normal control?

Why do I keep buying/lending these SHITTY piece of fucking dogshit "kid" games when I know the quality is "insert random bad word".

An option for sensibility? That's not really sensible, now is it?

Honestly, we didn't add an option for sensitivity because it never came up. No one needed it or suggested it. Not in the playtests, QA or any of the programmers or designers. The controls worked and made sense for everybody that came in contact with them.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

idk seems alot of you play with "inverted" controls....

i agree with the OP its difficult to adjust to, just as a pester b4 me said he'd have to play with his flight stick, i mean its what we are used to that makes them odd...

dont see why people are bashing and making it seem as if we aren't gamers cause we differ in opinion and/or play style preference...

(:dance:back of my head i can see im gonna get shit 4 this:dance:), like i said just some peoples norm...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Just finished this game and got platinum.

Wanna say the flight game is totally like WTF. I almost spent 2 hours on the last level, not only because I'm not used to inverted Y axis control, but also becuase of the stupid AI plane. Those AI keep flying behind you, when you turn around, crashed.

Since THQ already closing down it's pointless to say such following, but I still wanna write it out. Fcuk THQ, look wtf you have done...

• 3 months later...

So you mean there's more? My kids played this last night and they were complaining that the controls were "broken"... and yeah considering this game is aimed at young children huh?

----

Just finished the game, only one sitting - pretty straightforward and short. As for this seemingly problematic "plane controls", eventually you'll get used to it. Just know when to speed up and to slow down. Whether you like it or not, the aiming will suck!

Here's what you're up against (for those that are just about to play this game, or planning to):

Level 1 (Adventure Is Out There): You will have to shoot 3 planes. In the process you will get two trophies for shooting down your first plane (Wings Badge) and for finishing the level (Adventure Is Out There).

Level 11 (Adventure Is Here): This is the last level and you will have 3 waves of planes to shoot down: Wave 1: three planes... Wave 2: four planes... Wave 3: six planes (... or is that 10? Correct me if I am wrong, TBH I totally forgot!)... Then you have to bring down the Spirit of Adventure "blimp" by shooting at its engines (8 - 4 on each side and 2 rudders)... then that's it!

The technique is to give yourself a good distance from the enemies and repair your plane as soon as it's damaged. Forget that freaking "squirrel/ball" power-up as it'll only mess up your gameplay. Well for me it did.

... The plat will pop up during the cutscenes (assuming you've got all the other trophies, to which in my case I have). Though the ending is a bit bland and undramatic. Nonetheless it is an easy plat...

Edited by Naps

• 2 weeks later...